Wayne Morgan as an Iowa Assistant?

Not doubting his scources in any way but I would dearly love to know who is talking to Jon about Morgan. Because that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I wonder what happened to the $1.1M house Wayne bought in Ames. I sold him a ton of stuff for it, and from what my delivery guys said, it was amazing (what $1.1M house isn't...). Wayne was a good guy to me. Maybe that is because I made a little money off of him. :)

Not doubting his scources in any way but I would dearly love to know who is talking to Jon about Morgan. Because that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever.

I have talked with two people that have pretty good ISU connections, and I know that one of them has very recently spoken directly with someone that was a part of Morgan's staff at ISU and remains in touch with him...and I have spoken to another person that is familiar both programs, and has recently heard through someone very close to Fran that Morgan is under some level of consideration and that they have a past relationship.

As I said, I wouldn't wager on it actually happening per se, but on some level, I believe the thought has crossed Fran's mind...as have probably dozens of people.

There is simply no chance that the U of Iowa administration, Barta, et al would approve the hiring of Wayne Morgan, even if for some reason McCaffrey so lost his senses as to consider such a monumental blunder to begin his tenure here. There are simply too many questions--the associations with Tarkanian, the circumstances or his firing at Long Beach State, his ties with scheduling promoters & agent/hustlers, his proclivity for recruiting in some of the most notorious cesspools. Iowa's TPTB are still smarting from the national bad press of the Pierce & phony academy scandals, and Morgan's problems were in the same state, which means the memories are close at hand.

There is simply no chance that the U of Iowa administration, Barta, et al would approve the hiring of Wayne Morgan, even if for some reason McCaffrey so lost his senses as to consider such a monumental blunder to begin his tenure here. There are simply too many questions--the associations with Tarkanian, the circumstances or his firing at Long Beach State, his ties with scheduling promoters & agent/hustlers, his proclivity for recruiting in some of the most notorious cesspools. Iowa's TPTB are still smarting from the national bad press of the Pierce & phony academy scandals, and Morgan's problems were in the same state, which means the memories are close at hand.

Mark this down...I finally agree with tigger.

Latest posts