Wayne Morgan as an Iowa Assistant?

This would have a Mr. Davis / George Raveling coaching team feel to it in the sense of McCaffery runs uptempo ball and Morgan brings in the horses to make it go.

Think if Mr. Davis could have had Raveling reeling in the recruits he was capable of like BJ, Roy, Ed.....Scary good! :)

Yes, that actually did cross my mind.. Raveling as an assistant under Mr. Davis would've had us Top-10 every year. That would've rocked. Could the same thing happen here? I hope Morgan is on our sidelines next year..

I'm a huge Cyclone fan but I also root for the Hawks... what I've been told is that it wasn't NCAA violations or anything it was sort of a lack of institutional control. Players just did whatever.
How much do you weigh?

i dont think the scheduling thing was TOO overblown. there was an obvious connection between the people involved and delivering juco players to the participating schools, as well as a large discrepancy in the amount of money the schools were actually receiving for playing those games.

i do, however, think that morgan was a victim of a new AD who wanted his own guy in there, as well as the aforementioned other issues.

I would have no problem with it,and it could work very well. Morgan has a proven track record recruiting at Cuse and ISU...which Iowa is desperate for...go for it ,Fran!

This would have a Mr. Davis / George Raveling coaching team feel to it in the sense of McCaffery runs uptempo ball and Morgan brings in the horses to make it go.

Think if Mr. Davis could have had Raveling reeling in the recruits he was capable of like BJ, Roy, Ed.....Scary good! :)

I'm all for it! It never felt like the scheduling deal at ISU was that big of a deal, it was sort of a new thing the NCAA cracked down on?

This is the the way I feel about it. Morgan did lose control of his team at ISU but as an assistant he would be free to do what he does best, get good players to sign on the dotted line. This could be a very good coaching staff.

Last edited:
I personally don't know Wayne. From what I know, from a loose connection, is that it won't be Wayne. You guys would know much more about who it might be. I know nothing about any candidates other than what I've read here. I think Wayne would be a shaky hire but could be a home run...but it's moot.

I personally don't know Wayne. From what I know, from a loose connection, is that it won't be Wayne. You guys would know much more about who it might be. I know nothing about any candidates other than what I've read here. I think Wayne would be a shaky hire but could be a home run...but it's moot.

"loose connection" - that sums up every rumor over the past 4 weeks or so! I know nothing but i agree with Cy, i doubt its Morgan

Morgan is an east coast guy and I think you guys have that covered. Rodell would be a good choice because he probably has midwest connections and has developed east coast ones as well. I have no idea if he's being highly considered.

Latest posts