Wasn’t meant to be...........

BigD

*JoeT not making at least one of the last two free throws

*Freddy missing two of three free throws

*Piss poor decision by Fran to let one of their best three point shooters shooting for the tie instead of fouling at half court and at worst having the ball and a one point lead (when will Fran ever learn when???)

*a no name player who didn’t score a point in his last game going off for three point shots at an impossible level

*poor perimeter defense biting you in the ass

The problem was the decision to leave Toussaint on the court when it was an obvious free throw shooting situation. JBo should have been on the court down the stretch.
Legitimate point, I could have listed this one

The problem was the decision to leave Toussaint on the court when it was an obvious free throw shooting situation. JBo should have been on the court down the stretch.
The only thing is that Bo is a severe defensive liability and when his threes aren’t falling he is pretty much neutralized.

Na. He hit two or more critical FT's before that and he was the only one on defense with a pulse. Needed him for that and his quickness. Let's not act like he was the only one who missed FT's.

Na. He hit two or more critical FT's before that and he was the only one on defense with a pulse. Needed him for that and his quickness. Let's not act like he was the only one who missed FT's.
And in all fairness to JT he has been really clutch on crunch time free throws going back to last year. He was almost due to miss a couple, who hasn't? I'm more than good with him out there, he makes things happen.

CJ's misses were the killers and more surprising. Game would have been almost in the bag.

Everyone had a hand in letting the game get away and MN took advantage. It was one of those games that just felt like we were going to lose the whole way and we did.

And last but not least it is time for the real JBO to stand up, we need him to do JBO things to be a championship team.

Frederick was 2-5 down the stretch and Joe T was 2-4 down the stretch. If they each make one more...we have the ball with a one or two point lead with 5.4 seconds left any way you look at it. This is called closing out a game...and we didn't hit the free throws.

You have to get the ball out of Carr's hands at the end...make someone else beat you, and make them get a two, not a three. Just not sure what Fran was doing.

I disagree. JB is a better FT shooter (although this entire year he’s only shot 2 FTs in 9 games and o my made 1 of them), but he’s too much of a defensive liability. Also, JT creates fouls by penetrating, JB quite literally plants himself behind NBA range and never creates a situation to draw a foul.

The JB fan club needs to realize that the kid is a liability on the floor. His head isn’t in it even a little and he’s more worried about playing video games with 11 year olds overnight for 6 hours and recording his podcast.

He’s had 9 games to show at least a little fire to play basketball and other than the UNC game he’s been dead weight so far. If Fran’s going to keep playing him I hope he gets better, but at some point enough has to be enough.

I guess some of you don’t know the strategy of late game substitution. Minnesota was at the line shooting free throws, JBo should have been substituted in since he was the better free throw shooter as you know they are gonna foul. You have Toussaint back at the scorers table ready to check back in after the free throws.

Pretty much the only value JBo brings to this team right now is his ability to hit free throws and for whatever reason Fran didn’t have him in there.

I disagree. JB is a better FT shooter (although this entire year he’s only shot 2 FTs in 9 games and o my made 1 of them), but he’s too much of a defensive liability. Also, JT creates fouls by penetrating, JB quite literally plants himself behind NBA range and never creates a situation to draw a foul.

The JB fan club needs to realize that the kid is a liability on the floor. His head isn’t in it even a little and he’s more worried about playing video games with 11 year olds overnight for 6 hours and recording his podcast.

He’s had 9 games to show at least a little fire to play basketball and other than the UNC game he’s been dead weight so far. If Fran’s going to keep playing him I hope he gets better, but at some point enough has to be enough.
I get how it happened. Bohannon spent a lot of time laid up with injuries with nothing else to do and fortnight is an extremely addicting game. There just isn't enough time in the day to do both. But its really unfortunate for us fans and the rest of the team because if he was still a lights out shooter, we would probably be number 1 in the nation right now. At worst we are still undefeated in conference play. Fran needs to realize soon that Bohannon dropped from being a main reason we are a national championship contended to a sevicable bench player.

I guarantee Bohannon would kick the shit out of Garza in fortnight tho because Garza doesn't have enough time to get good at it.

I guess some of you don’t know the strategy of late game substitution. Minnesota was at the line shooting free throws, JBo should have been substituted in since he was the better free throw shooter as you know they are gonna foul. You have Toussaint back at the scorers table ready to check back in after the free throws.

Pretty much the only value JBo brings to this team right now is his ability to hit free throws and for whatever reason Fran didn’t have him in there.
Are you sure he’s gonna hit the free throws? At a better rate than Joe T? He’s 1/2 on the entire season so far.

Literally every category of his game has just fallen off a cliff. 2s, 3s, assists, turnovers, OWS/40, DWS/40...

What makes you think he’d hit free throws? Honest question. Look at his other percentages...no one would have thought before the season that he’d be putting up these ridiculous numbers; what is there that leads anyone to believe he’d be a better FT shooter than JT at this point?

Bohannon did great things for this team a couple seasons. He should get credit for that. But that credit does not mean he’s owed playing time when he’s played like shit and there are better players on the roster. I 100% understand Fran wanting to give it a try because why wouldn’t you? But 9 games is enough of an audition, and he’s shown that at night on Twitch he’s going online at 11:00 and playing video games against elementary school kids until 3, 4 am to record it for his Twitch and YouTube channels. I’m not making this stuff up, it’s right there on the internet.

If he can do that every week could he not spend some of that time in the gym?

Is recording, editing, and uploading a podcast with Jay Bilas more important than time spent in the gym?

It seems to be for him, and if that’s the case maybe he should have just moved on after last year. He’ll make a good living at whatever he ends up doing and he’s definitely getting attention on social media for his stance against the NCAA, maybe it’s time to jump ship and start making money doing what he’d rather do anyway.

Wait, CJF's misses where killers but JT's are ok??? You can be a JT lover but to say those misses where ok is off the mark.
So what the hell is your point. I can easily switch around the order of the initials in your post. So what u want to do, bench the only defensive quickness and quickest player. You know they were fronting us with a stout press and playing denial.

This without question.

*JoeT not making at least one of the last two free throws

*Freddy missing two of three free throws

*Piss poor decision by Fran to let one of their best three point shooters shooting for the tie instead of fouling at half court and at worst having the ball and a one point lead (when will Fran ever learn when???)

*a no name player who didn’t score a point in his last game going off for three point shots at an impossible level

*poor perimeter defense biting you in the ass

At the same time it would have been nice if the Hawks didn't look like they just ate Christmas dinner right before the game. That may have helped. (sarcasm here)

Sometimes games are decided well before the game. The above comment is in jest but they looked lackluster without much intensity to bring their A game to win. This is now three game in a row like this. Great teams always play with an intensity to win.

Last edited:
Remember the year we started the season starting Uhl and Christian Williams? Those guys ended up being two of the worst players on the roster. Point being, halfway through the year, we could have a starting 5 of Toussaint, CJ, Wieskamp, Keegan, and Garza. I think that lineup improves our offense, defense, and rebounding.

Losing last night sucks bad. But being up 7 with 45 seconds left is pretty much right where we want to be most games. In this league,, you really can't expect more. If we can do that 18 more times, our final conference record should be 19-1 or 18-2.

Are you sure he’s gonna hit the free throws? At a better rate than Joe T? He’s 1/2 on the entire season so far.

Literally every category of his game has just fallen off a cliff. 2s, 3s, assists, turnovers, OWS/40, DWS/40...

What makes you think he’d hit free throws? Honest question. Look at his other percentages...no one would have thought before the season that he’d be putting up these ridiculous numbers; what is there that leads anyone to believe he’d be a better FT shooter than JT at this point?

Bohannon did great things for this team a couple seasons. He should get credit for that. But that credit does not mean he’s owed playing time when he’s played like shit and there are better players on the roster. I 100% understand Fran wanting to give it a try because why wouldn’t you? But 9 games is enough of an audition, and he’s shown that at night on Twitch he’s going online at 11:00 and playing video games against elementary school kids until 3, 4 am to record it for his Twitch and YouTube channels. I’m not making this stuff up, it’s right there on the internet.

If he can do that every week could he not spend some of that time in the gym?

Is recording, editing, and uploading a podcast with Jay Bilas more important than time spent in the gym?

It seems to be for him, and if that’s the case maybe he should have just moved on after last year. He’ll make a good living at whatever he ends up doing and he’s definitely getting attention on social media for his stance against the NCAA, maybe it’s time to jump ship and start making money doing what he’d rather do anyway.
I don’t think he’s quick enough to get open. And even if he is they can just grab and hold somebody else on the inbound pass to ensure it’s not him shooting the FTs.

Latest posts