Wasn’t meant to be...........

Remember the year we started the season starting Uhl and Christian Williams? Those guys ended up being two of the worst players on the roster. Point being, halfway through the year, we could have a starting 5 of Toussaint, CJ, Wieskamp, Keegan, and Garza. I think that lineup improves our offense, defense, and rebounding.

Losing last night sucks bad. But being up 7 with 45 seconds left is pretty much right where we want to be most games. In this league,, you really can't expect more. If we can do that 18 more times, our final conference record should be 19-1 or 18-2.
Yep. And I would rather it came down to our FT shooting than our defense.

I disagree. JB is a better FT shooter (although this entire year he’s only shot 2 FTs in 9 games and o my made 1 of them), but he’s too much of a defensive liability. Also, JT creates fouls by penetrating, JB quite literally plants himself behind NBA range and never creates a situation to draw a foul.

The JB fan club needs to realize that the kid is a liability on the floor. His head isn’t in it even a little and he’s more worried about playing video games with 11 year olds overnight for 6 hours and recording his podcast.

He’s had 9 games to show at least a little fire to play basketball and other than the UNC game he’s been dead weight so far. If Fran’s going to keep playing him I hope he gets better, but at some point enough has to be enough.
Fran needs to send him a message.

Are you sure he’s gonna hit the free throws? At a better rate than Joe T? He’s 1/2 on the entire season so far.

Literally every category of his game has just fallen off a cliff. 2s, 3s, assists, turnovers, OWS/40, DWS/40...

What makes you think he’d hit free throws? Honest question. Look at his other percentages...no one would have thought before the season that he’d be putting up these ridiculous numbers; what is there that leads anyone to believe he’d be a better FT shooter than JT at this point?

Bohannon did great things for this team a couple seasons. He should get credit for that. But that credit does not mean he’s owed playing time when he’s played like shit and there are better players on the roster. I 100% understand Fran wanting to give it a try because why wouldn’t you? But 9 games is enough of an audition, and he’s shown that at night on Twitch he’s going online at 11:00 and playing video games against elementary school kids until 3, 4 am to record it for his Twitch and YouTube channels. I’m not making this stuff up, it’s right there on the internet.

If he can do that every week could he not spend some of that time in the gym?

Is recording, editing, and uploading a podcast with Jay Bilas more important than time spent in the gym?

It seems to be for him, and if that’s the case maybe he should have just moved on after last year. He’ll make a good living at whatever he ends up doing and he’s definitely getting attention on social media for his stance against the NCAA, maybe it’s time to jump ship and start making money doing what he’d rather do anyway

Nothing is a guarantee but in that situation I’d rather have the veteran on the line versus JT.

*JoeT not making at least one of the last two free throws

*Freddy missing two of three free throws

*Piss poor decision by Fran to let one of their best three point shooters shooting for the tie instead of fouling at half court and at worst having the ball and a one point lead (when will Fran ever learn when???)

*a no name player who didn’t score a point in his last game going off for three point shots at an impossible level

*poor perimeter defense biting you in the ass
No offense but that’s just the kind of stuff that comes out of the back end of a horse.

There were many missteps against Minnesota that fall squarely on the coaching staff. It’s directly on Fran. If not corrected soon, Iowa will wind up with its usual middle of the road record, not win the B1G and be an early out from the tournament (assuming it is played.)

A real shame when your team has one of the most talented players in the country.

No offense but that’s just the kind of stuff that comes out of the back end of a horse.

There were many missteps against Minnesota that fall squarely on the coaching staff. It’s directly on Fran. If not corrected soon, Iowa will wind up with its usual middle of the road record, not win the B1G and be an early out from the tournament (assuming it is played.)

A real shame when your team has one of the most talented players in the country.

Having a 7 point lead on the road in the big 10 means coaches and players did what they needed to do. The few things that happened in the last 45 seconds were 100% on the players from both teams. Sure in hindsight coaches could have done minor things different to have a bigger lead. But like I said earlier, 7 on the road is pretty good.

Latest posts