Was Xavier there?

Love me some Garza, the kid is amazing. Haven't seen a guy with that kind of intensity and toughness in an IOWA uniform in quite awhile. He brings it every night.

Much as he can dominate in college, his game won't translate as well to the NBA. All the players are athletic enough to block his shot...his lack of hops is a big limitation.

Not saying he won't make a roster, but I don't think he's a 1st round pick as some suggest.

There are college kids that can get up and block shots too. Garza just has the footwork down and has a knack for putting the ball in the basket. Where he would struggle in the NBA is on defense.

Honestly I don't think his game translates to the NBA all that well at all. I mean yeah he can stand still shoot some but I don't think he's athletic enough to play the one on one pick and roll game the NBA is all about. Unless he wants to go overseas I'll bet ya he will be back for his senior year.
Agree it just doesn't translate. Garza is going to be one of those great college players that just doesn't fit the NBA mold and that is okay. I will enjoy watching him until his Iowa career ends.

I think he has a legitimate chance to play in the NBA. If not I suspect he will make a great deal of money during a long career overseas.

Agree it just doesn't translate. Garza is going to be one of those great college players that just doesn't fit the NBA mold and that is okay. I will enjoy watching him until his Iowa career ends.
He's a better version of what Acie Earl was offensively. Earl had a cup of coffee in the NBA but nobody would say he had a successful NBA career. Garza has some really fundamental footwork down low and 20-30 yrs ago he'd be a 1st round pick quite possibly. But nowadays he'd struggle with how it is now. I think it'd be kinda similar to comparing his transition to the NBA like what Megan Gustafsons was to the WNBA. She wasn't fast or quick enough for it. Granted she is a tad shorter then some of the other bigs at that level as well so it's not an exactly perfect comparison but from an athletic standpoint it sorta applies.

Latest posts