Was Ragaini hurt tonight?

Exactly. Passing to wide receivers is not how teams win games.
Our TE routes were working great. You seriously want Iowa to change up what they’re doing at that point? Jesus christ.

One of the most fundamental cornerstones of coaching team vs team sports is if you find something that works, you continue doing it until it doesn’t work anymore.

I’m sorry but his 80 people can get bent if they don’t like it. This ain’t some intramural flag football league we’re talkin about here.

I get it Rastetter was the best punter. Kyle McCan was the better QB. Wadley just fumbled too much and OSU was a fluke. CJ wasn't the best QB until he started. Fant just wasn't good enough. BF is the best person to OC. Yes, Iowa is doing all it can to win ball games. Thx Sherlock!
Their record and winning percentage over the past 5 seasons seem to back up that claim.

they are saying hamstring right now, but I was under the impression is was an abdominal injury over the offseason. They are being coy on it a little.

I know nothing about the situation, but the murmurs kind of make one think sports hernia. Those buggers can be tricky.

Our TE routes were working great. You seriously want Iowa to change up what they’re doing at that point? Jesus christ.

One of the most fundamental cornerstones of coaching team vs team sports is if you find something that works, you continue doing it until it doesn’t work anymore.

I’m sorry but his 80 people can get bent if they don’t like it. This ain’t some intramural flag football league we’re talkin about here.
I ain’t mad. Kirks making his own bed.

Rutgers was set up on D for the deeper routes you saw against Nevada. And that’s what bit them. BF actually played according to the sets he was facing.

In the words of the immortal JHF, Iowa was scratching where it itched that particular evening.

The day Iowa or any other major football program makes their game plan include a minimum number of targets because a players’ parents and buddies are in the stands is the day that program is officially headed to Dumpsterfireville.

Nico Ragaini is a great dude, his family is awesome (met them a few times at the Marriott tailgate), but F that “we owe him targets” notion.
Fair
Rutgers was set up on D for the deeper routes you saw against Nevada. And that’s what bit them. BF actually played according to the sets he was facing.

In the words of the immortal JHF, Iowa was scratching where it itched that particular evening.

The day Iowa or any other major football program makes their game plan include a minimum number of targets because a players’ parents and buddies are in the stands is the day that program is officially headed to Dumpsterfireville.

Nico Ragaini is a great dude, his family is awesome (met them a few times at the Marriott tailgate), but F that “we owe him targets” notion.
Fair enough. Never really said we owe anyone targets though. I think it's reasonable that we indeed took what the defense was giving (scratched where it itched).

Also, We didn't throw a lot, and too be fair some of the TE targets were to split out TEs essentially at a wr position. Our #1 wr out, Bruce and Ragaini are both more slot receivers than wr. etc.etc

I'll still contend 2 targets to wide wrs, at any depth, in an entire game, is simply not a great sign

I seriously doubt his family "didn't look happy" as stated by HawkeyeWalker.
Maybe they weren't unhappy. They showed them a few times. Just didn't look thrilled, which is understandable, any family coming to watch a family member at "home", would want to see them have some plays, success, etc.. who knows, i could be completely wrong. Maybe they were just tired.

I actually saw a few pans to Nico's fam, they didn't look happy. That said, wtf do we know? Nico's still coming back from injury and our game plan was the target the TE and it worked brilliantly.

That's fair and very plausible. No question we are thin at the position.

Maybe they weren't unhappy. They showed them a few times. Just didn't look thrilled, which is understandable, any family coming to watch a family member at "home", would want to see them have some plays, success, etc.. who knows, i could be completely wrong. Maybe they were just tired.
I could see that disappointment, especially if invited mult family and friends. Want to have a good showing.

Truth! Besides, didn't he have a ton of drops last year?

Latest posts