Was Ragaini hurt tonight?

Grady

I didn't see him in the game a lot, even tho half his home-town was in attendance. Did spot him a couple times in the 2nd half: looked like he tripped on an 'out' route on a good ball thrown by Petras, and he just looked dejected on the sideline.
Also, any word on Jacobs? He came in the game in the 1st half for a series, then disappeared.

Jacobs is hurt again. Sounds like he’ll be out for a while. KF was not optimistic in the post game.

Not sure if Ragaini was hurt. Probably just pissed Petras barely targeted any receivers

Jacobs is hurt again. Sounds like he’ll be out for a while. KF was not optimistic in the post game.

Not sure if Ragaini was hurt. Probably just pissed Petras barely targeted any receivers
Anyone in the media ask the question about if Jacobs was brought back too early? I assume he reinjured his shoulder? I hadn't heard exactly with how vague Iowa always is. But man if I'm Jacobs I'd be pissed. Feels like he was brought back too soon and shouldn't have been out there yet.

Anyone in the media ask the question about if Jacobs was brought back too early? I assume he reinjured his shoulder? I hadn't heard exactly with how vague Iowa always is. But man if I'm Jacobs I'd be pissed. Feels like he was brought back too soon and shouldn't have been out there yet.
We don't even know if it was related to the previous injury. Also, if you're cleared to play, ya play. Can't be sitting on good players who are healthy that can help win you football games.

We don't even know if it was related to the previous injury. Also, if you're cleared to play, ya play. Can't be sitting on good players who are healthy that can help win you football games.
That's why I'm wondering if the questions were asked... I mean if he hurt his knee instead and it's totally unrelated then sure 'that's football' But if they put him back out there to reinjure what he just came back from those questions should be asked. Fort Kinnick can be so vague with injuries it's tough to know what's what

That's why I'm wondering if the questions were asked... I mean if he hurt his knee instead and it's totally unrelated then sure 'that's football' But if they put him back out there to reinjure what he just came back from those questions should be asked. Fort Kinnick can be so vague with injuries it's tough to know what's what
Read HIPPA…

Ragaini's family did not look happy. And I don't blame them.

2 WR targets the entire game. Our wrs run routes as decoys.
Rutgers was set up on D for the deeper routes you saw against Nevada. And that’s what bit them. BF actually played according to the sets he was facing.

In the words of the immortal JHF, Iowa was scratching where it itched that particular evening.

The day Iowa or any other major football program makes their game plan include a minimum number of targets because a players’ parents and buddies are in the stands is the day that program is officially headed to Dumpsterfireville.

Nico Ragaini is a great dude, his family is awesome (met them a few times at the Marriott tailgate), but F that “we owe him targets” notion.

If Iowa's Dr.'s cleared him to play, he should have been playing. He's our best option. If he's not ready to play (see Keegan Johnson) the Iowa staff would not play him.

Healthy with clearance - play
not healthy with clearance - don't play

Can't sit here and say, well, we should have given him more time. He's either cleared or he's not. Ya can't live your life hoping you don't get injurred.

Rutgers was set up on D for the deeper routes you saw against Nevada. And that’s what bit them. BF actually played according to the sets he was facing.

In the words of the immortal JHF, Iowa was scratching where it itched that particular evening.

The day Iowa or any other major football program makes their game plan include a minimum number of targets because a players’ parents and buddies are in the stands is the day that program is officially headed to Dumpsterfireville.

Nico Ragaini is a great dude, his family is awesome (met them a few times at the Marriott tailgate), but F that “we owe him targets” notion.
Iowa is trying to win ball games, not make everyone on the team happy with playing time and targets.

I seriously doubt his family "didn't look happy" as stated by HawkeyeWalker.

Sure Petras struggles but the reality is this Iowa's WR's are not that good!!! That's 100% Factual..

It's still shocking to me that Charlie Jones was never played more at WR in 2021, that's honestly a travesty and I said that well before he transferred!!

Yea, if the O-line is not giving the QB time and the receivers are not creating separation in time, it's a problem. It does really come down to that.

Jacobs out for the season. He was out before because of a hamstring, his surgery will be on his arm, so unrelated injuries.

Iowa is trying to win ball games, not make everyone on the team happy with playing time and targets.
I get it Rastetter was the best punter. Kyle McCan was the better QB. Wadley just fumbled too much and OSU was a fluke. CJ wasn't the best QB until he started. Fant just wasn't good enough. BF is the best person to OC. Yes, Iowa is doing all it can to win ball games. Thx Sherlock!

I actually saw a few pans to Nico's fam, they didn't look happy. That said, wtf do we know? Nico's still coming back from injury and our game plan was the target the TE and it worked brilliantly.