Was Paul Rhoades at Auburn when all the payolla was going on?

Pooker

Anyone know when he was there? I would imagine all the Assistant Coaches in that program will now be selected for greater scrutiny of past activities/associations. It would be funny if there was blowback in Lames because of this.

I think it's a legit concern for cyclone fans, just because of how ugly that situation appears to be. Fortunately, Rhoads wasn't at Auburn for very long, less than a year. Hopefully he didn't have the time or the trust of the people involved in it to have been asked to participate.

I'd lay money that there is no dirt on Rhoades' hands. He is an outstanding, stand-up guy & does things the right way. Chizik - maybe. Rhoades - absolutely not.

I'd lay money that there is no dirt on Rhoades' hands. He is an outstanding, stand-up guy & does things the right way. Chizik - maybe. Rhoades - absolutely not.

I agree with this, Rhoads seems like a straight shooter and is in no way guilty by association. But I do hope Chizik has dirt all over his hands and gets severely punished.

It's your only option. God knows you wouldn't be able to entice recruits with any hot females in Ames.

Exactly. You entice them by telling them you will send them to the hospital with rhabdo after they commit. Everyone knows that! :D

Got a lot of opines from the clown faithful -- but no dates he was actually there.

Is there some sort of preemptive denial process going on?

Got a lot of opines from the clown faithful -- but no dates he was actually there.

Is there some sort of preemptive denial process going on?
He was there for one year in 2008. The chances he was involved in this are hovering near zero. The incidents occurred before then, and I doubt the boosters would approach a brand new coach to try and get this pay to play thing continued. There are more likely non-coaching personnel that fill this void, as they are far less compensated, and tend to be a more constant presence, whereas coaches are always in and out.

He was there from January to December of 2008
We need to know what he knew and when. He needs to be held accountable. Where is he? Get him off the recruiting trail. He needs to have a press conference. Where is Matt Perrault when you need him? AHHHHHHHHH;)

Last edited:
Cheesedick was there under Tommy Tuberville. That is why Louder and the other two
businessmen that run Auburn wanted him. He knows how it is done. The new bagman is
Trooper Taylor.

Cheesedick was there under Tommy Tuberville. That is why Louder and the other two
businessmen that run Auburn wanted him. He knows how it is done. The new bagman is
Trooper Taylor.

Since Chez eck learned how it's done at Auburn I wonder if the boys at Texas are looking over their shoulder?

Latest posts