Was Iowa Snubbed By NCAA Selection Committee?

Iowa beats the teams they should beat (VT, Purdue, Nebby, maybe WSU) and we aren't having this discussion and nobody cares about RPI. and btw, RPI is horrible as I have stated many times.

I read where the committee said middle ten state and st marys passed they eye test... tho not having many quality wins.

Sorry but where was the "eye test" for the hawkeyes

Neither one of those teams could score 60 pts against us we'd make em cry.

I didn't think they were going to get in but the more I look at some of those teams that got in the more I realize how broke this system is.

If you put aside your obvious bias, you'll see Iowa would scarcely be ameliorated by an "eyeball test".

vs. third year head coach.

Why does that matter? We didn't schedule that way this year because Fran was inexperienced. I don't see any comparison between Larry Eustachy taking over a team with 5 seniors in the rotation and Iowa with the 298th most experience in the country. It's also not like our upperclassmen had any experience of winning like K-State's guys did.

Iowa beats the teams they should beat (VT, Purdue, Nebby, maybe WSU) and we aren't having this discussion and nobody cares about RPI. and btw, RPI is horrible as I have stated many times.

And then if they win a couple of those other games that were close like msu, minny on road, wisky on road, we are in easily. We had olenty of chances just didn't do it. No fault but our own and all games we will be on the other side of next year more times than not.

If you put aside your obvious bias, you'll see Iowa would scarcely be ameliorated by an "eyeball test".

Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky and others would all like to know who lasalle, MTSU, st Mary's and Boise st beat as well... I'm listening

Tennessee, Virginia, Kentucky and others would all like to know who lasalle, MTSU, st Mary's and Boise st beat as well... I'm listening

I explained this all once already. The NCAA tournament is currently structured to interest the common office prole who wears $8.99 clearance rack shirts from JCPenney. If Boise or LaSalle knocks off K-State in the opening round, that office prole can strut around for hours if he correctly "called" that game. He is a hero, at least in his own mind. Now never mind that he has seen a cumulative of 3 minutes of either team in the game playing, he just has a feeling, and by god, he didn't get that $38k per annum office job after 5 years of college by luck, he got it by being a master judge of all situations. You put Tennessee in that game and that prole makes the same call, it has no flair, everyone knows Tennessee, but by God, only the elite know LaSalle.

And you can see it in the advertising. That prole is a prime candidate to drink the cheap, swill beer that will be marketed. He is the one who will use Capital One's subprime credit products. That prole thinks a night at Buffalo Wild Wings is a fancy evening on the town. Just like the quest for a quick buck will ruin the Big Ten when the BTN cable model collapses and we get stuck with Maryland and Rutgers, the quest for money the NCAA demonstrates in trying to force some Cinderella upsets will also ruin the tournament when good teams like Iowa, Tennessee and Kentucky get left out just in the hopes to catch Joe Prole's attention.

Iowa didn't deserve a berth. Pull out 3 of those close losses this year into wins and they get in. The team has made vast improvements this year but closing games against B1G teams is the next step.

Iowa didn't deserve a berth. Pull out 3 of those close losses this year into wins and they get in. The team has made vast improvements this year but closing games against B1G teams is the next step.

I give in. Yup, the likes of Virginia and Iowa and such should have to have 10 top 50 wins to make it. Or just move to the wcc, get beat by the only team worth a **** (gonzaga) 3 times, lose to northern iowa, Georgia tech and pacific, have 1 top 50 win (creighton) and be in...

Jon,

Out of 30+ games Iowa had ZERO good road wins. None. You think Iowa was snubbed?! Take off the glasses.

The NCAA tournament isn't played at Carver. The NIT is and that is where the 2012-13 Iowa hawkeyes belong.

Jon,

Out of 30+ games Iowa had ZERO good road wins. None. You think Iowa was snubbed?! Take off the glasses.

The NCAA tournament isn't played at Carver. The NIT is and that is where the 2012-13 Iowa hawkeyes belong.

Then you wonder why people do not believe you when you wish us good luck.

No snub.
Cupcake non-conference. A handful of wins over pretty good teams. Zero wins over great teams. Losses to really bad teams. Can't really fault them being left out. I thought they probably deserved a 2 in the NIT though.

Then you wonder why people do not believe you when you wish us good luck.

There is no trash talk there. Didn't say "Iowa sucks!!" or anything like that. That was an honest assessment of Iowa's resume and I think most people would agree.

You have to beat some people on the road or at the very least a neutral site that are good. Beating NW, PSU, etc on the road isn't going to get it done. This was an extremely weak bubble year which is why Iowa was mentioned as a bubble team given a lack of quality wins and a complete lack of quality road wins.

But look at the bubble teams that did make it in, there were not many teams on the bubble that played well on the road at top 50 or top 100 RPI teams. Heck some of them did not play many of those games in the first place.

With 68 teams making the tournament with 37 at large bids, the bubble is getting weaker.

Inactive Rodent...Enjoy your limited time here. I don't know if you will get banned before next year but Fran has solved the Wisconsin style of play. We have won 3 of the last 4 and could easily have 4 out of 4. I have a feeling Fran will be more than a game or 2 over .500 against Bo in 3 or 4 years. You won't be coming back because you won't have anything to say after the string of losses.

You have to beat some people on the road or at the very least a neutral site that are good. Beating NW, PSU, etc on the road isn't going to get it done. This was an extremely weak bubble year which is why Iowa was mentioned as a bubble team given a lack of quality wins and a complete lack of quality road wins.

Badger... first off, I'm an I-State fan, so take this for what it's worth.

What teams from the "last four in" meet the criteria you lay out above for Iowa. MTSU? Who did they beat on a neutral court... let alone away? St. Mary's? Same question... Point is that there is a serious double standard going on here with the "mid majors" and power conference teams.

I'd argue that there is no way in Hell MTSU is even IN the conversation had they played Iowa's schedule. Hawk fans on here keep saying, "if we'd have just held on to leads against MSU, etc... we'd be in. Yes. I agree. But the fact remains that MTSU and teams like them DIDN'T EVEN NEED to do close to that! They'd have never had the freaking lead in the first place.

The mid major plan of playing 3 or 4 good teams OOC and getting rolled, then going 17-1 in your high school conference is not fair. Yea Iowa didn't play most of the best B10 teams twice... so freaking what? They still had to play the best teams. That's better than St. Mary's can say.

The system isn't fair... and I say that as a person that is far from a fan of the Hawks.

Latest posts