Warning: Not A Football Topic Thread!

MelroseHawkins

Ok. A little downtime until the bowl game so posting this to pass the time. There's no off-topic so.........

Anyway, what's the grossest, weirdest, oddest or hottest thing you have eaten or witnessed someone else eating. Weird animals, scorching hot peppers, bugs. Anything. Just curious what people have tried, sober or drunk.

I've tried the raw egg on a couple occasions. Not really bad at all as it slides down. One time years ago we were having a Michigan Iowa football game party and we did silent bets on who would eat a scorpion out of a Tequila bottle. Sure crap, one of the guys ate it. It was a good 3" long to. There, I made it football related.

I ate some "chicken nuggets" at BK once. Let's just say it was a liberal definition of chicken. Not really sure what it was.

1. Raw beef...a colleague on a business trip to Atlanta. He warned me but I thought he meant rare.

2. Squid pizza from my Chinese friends

3. Lot's of stuff when I get in the boonies internationally.

Accidentally took a swig of my spitter cup once....yep....nothing can prepare you for that. I've chewed for a better part of 20 years, didnt matter. Yikes.

Had bad crabcakes at a restaurant, ruined them for me going forward.

When ghost peppers were basically unknown saw a man eat a whole one after arguing with a sales lady at Lots Hotsa that nothing was hotter than a jalapeno. The man was 6' 4" or 5" and close to 300 lbs- a big man. then he was on the floor white, couldn't breath and literally foaming at the mouth. People were laughing so hard they were crying.

When ghost peppers were basically unknown saw a man eat a whole one after arguing with a sales lady at Lots Hotsa that nothing was hotter than a jalapeno. The man was 6' 4" or 5" and close to 300 lbs- a big man. then he was on the floor white, couldn't breath and literally foaming at the mouth. People were laughing so hard they were crying.

Nothing hotter than a jalapeno?? WTF?? Where's he been hiding, Nebraska, circa 1985?

giphy.gif

Grossest? I eat (drink) it every morning.

6 oz. Kale------Yes. Half a pound.
3 oz. Spinach
3 stalks of celery
Half a cucumber
2 cups of water

Makes 32 fl oz. of radioactive-looking green sludge in my Vitamix. Been doing that every morning for about 19 months. I still gag and almost puke every single time but I feel awesome and I'm not hungry till noon.

Me being the skeptical pessimist that I am I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. Stuff works.

3 oz. Spinach
3 stalks of celery
Half a cucumber
2 cups of water

Makes 32 fl oz. of radioactive-looking green sludge in my Vitamix. Been doing that every morning for about 19 months. I still gag and almost puke every single time but I feel awesome and I'm not hungry till noon.

Me being the skeptical pessimist that I am I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it. Stuff works.

That's pretty hardcore. Nicely done. throw a little lemon or lime juice in there(or half an apple or half an asian pear), it'll cut the bitter a ton.

For lunch about 3-4 days a week, I make a smoothie. It looks like baby poop but its tasty....

6-8 ounces of Spinach and/or Kale(sometime 9-10 if aggressive) - Kale is better nutrition and fiber than Spinach but more expensive and way more bitter
2 scoops high end protein powder (i use complete nutrition brand, but any of the good ones will do) - Cookies and Cream (300 calories, 50 grams protein, 4 grams sugar)
2 tsp raw peanut butter powder
2 tsp raw 100% cocoa powder
6-8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
6-8 ounces water

Its about 450 calories, 65 grams protein, and 6-7 total sugar. And it tastes good. Basically use it as a meal replacement for lunch. It can get boring, but it helps.

3 oz. Spinach
3 stalks of celery
Half a cucumber
2 cups of water

Great nutrition ... bad math. 16 Oz in a pound. 8 oz in a half pound.

That's pretty hardcore. Nicely done. throw a little lemon or lime juice in there(or half an apple or half an asian pear), it'll cut the bitter a ton.

For lunch about 3-4 days a week, I make a smoothie. It looks like baby poop but its tasty....

6-8 ounces of Spinach and/or Kale(sometime 9-10 if aggressive) - Kale is better nutrition and fiber than Spinach but more expensive and way more bitter
2 scoops high end protein powder (i use complete nutrition brand, but any of the good ones will do) - Cookies and Cream (300 calories, 50 grams protein, 4 grams sugar)
2 tsp raw peanut butter powder
2 tsp raw 100% cocoa powder
6-8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
6-8 ounces water

Its about 450 calories, 65 grams protein, and 6-7 total sugar. And it tastes good. Basically use it as a meal replacement for lunch. It can get boring, but it helps.

To you and Fryiowa. When you say it helps, does it help with weight control or regulation? Peppiness? What's it help with or how does make you feel?

I've been to wild fish and game feeds when younger & didn't think some of the stuff was weird to eat until now. Some of the items were squirrel, racoon, muskrat, and of course beaver. Don't mind the beaver.

To you and Fryiowa. When you say it helps, does it help with weight control or regulation? Peppiness? What's it help with or how does make you feel?
I try to be in the gym 5 days and run 6 days/week. I drink the smoothie to get all the veggies and minerals in one easy shot. In that respect it's more of weight regulation I guess because it's only a couple hundred calories but I feel full until noon. I don't really do if for that but it would work. Every day at lunch I eat a cup of brown rice mixed with 5 oz. of chopped chicken breast, a tablespoon of honey, shot of soy sauce, and a little Old Bay seasoning. Every single day unless I'm out of town or doing something away from work or home. That and the smoothie is pretty low cal, so I take a little more leeway with my evening meal.

As far as feeling good, I noticed the first week that I had more energy in the morning and just generally felt "good." One word of caution that HawkeyeWalker can attest to, if you drink a smoothie with a ridiculous amount of fiber, when your body tells you it's time, it's time. Be prepared.

A couple other points...

-You can't do this without a really, really good blender. If you try it with grandma's Osterizer you'll be eating it, not drinking it.

-The smoothie I make tastes like absolute dog shit. Don't buy an expensive blender until you decide you can handle green smoothies. The closest thing I can describe it in terms of smell and (I'm assuming) taste is what's left under the deck of your mower at the end of the summer. HwakeyeWalker's recipe probably tastes good.

Latest posts