Warning for those with Mediacom

I just switched to IMON in cedar rapids. I get two HD boxes, a digital box, 15 Mb internet and I get ESPNU and other sports channels without paying extra. It's $91 a month. Also IMON guy ran cable and installed outlets for 2 more rooms for no charge.

Mediacom lady called the other day and said if I stayed with them I could get cable and internet for $71 a month. I'd still have to pay for the sports package of course.

I already switched though.

I miss the old days when just an antenna was needed to get games. And now I just wish Iowa games would stay consistent. Big 10, ESPN, ESPN2... and no more AXS, NBCSN, ESPNU, mediacom channel stuff. Makes it hard to watch the games.

It is a fine channel but this is a college basketball game featuring to of the elite teams in the nation. It deserves the A channel.

The A channel is contractually obligated to show a game from this little league known as the NBA. Perhaps you've heard of it?

B channel is showing 1-AA playoff game. At least it's on a national network.

The A channel is contractually obligated to show a game from this little league known as the NBA. Perhaps you've heard of it?

B channel is showing 1-AA playoff game. At least it's on a national network.

People still watch the NBA regular season?

The last Iowa game I can remember Vitale covering was back in 2002 (or maybe December 2001). He did our B10/ACC challenge game. The opponent? Duke. I also seem to remember him covering Iowa's game @Indiana that year.

I'll never forget Vitale's comment about Alford: "Don't worry about your hair, you better get some shooters baby."

Not sure if he's done an Iowa game since then. That's ok, I can't stand listening to the guy anymore, especially now that his voice is 90% gone.

Wasnt Dickie V in CHA for the 2006 game against MSU on Valentines Day. I remember Erin Andrews was. This is the "Alford Flex" game. Maybe the counselor can help me out and post a picture.

Lol, no joke. That picture right there pretty much epitomizes him as a person. Complete tool. Who does that, honestly?

I thought it was awesome.

Shannon Brown did the same thing in the Breslin Center earlier that season when they were pounding the Hawks by about 30.

Thunder Doug throws it down and Alford gives them the flex. Carver was rocking.

I thought it was awesome.

Shannon Brown did the same thing in the Breslin Center earlier that season when they were pounding the Hawks by about 30.

Thunder Doug throws it down and Alford gives them the flex. Carver was rocking.

Player vs. a coach there. I don't mind seeing players doing it, but my coach? No, thanks. He should be above that. I'd be embarrassed if Fran flexed like that. Alford didn't have a stare that could cut through people's soul though....

Just added it (MediaCon DM) sports&info pac they call it - "special" 4.99 a month for a yr, and can cancel anytime. Was expecting around 8-10 so good deal (for MediaCon anyway)

Any possibility that they make a last minute switch to big ESPN? I get ESPNU, but it would be nice for a larger national audience to be able to watch this game.

They currently have the NBA (Lakers/Thunder) on ESPN and FCS football (Towson/Eastern Illinois) on ESPN2. Maybe there is some sort of contractual requirement to show FCS games. I can't imagine that programming executives really would prefer a "who cares" FCS game over a Top 25 NCAA match up. At any rate, I hope they do lots of "game in game" inserts to drive people over to ESPNU.

Latest posts