Warning for those with Mediacom

This is going to be one of the best college games of the season and it's on ESPNU. That's stupid.

It's on mediacom, you just have to pay for it. Pretty simple. I get their sports pack during football and college bball season and cancel it in between. I've even called if there is a random event on during the summer I want to watch and add it for a day. Costs me less than a dollar if I do that. They are more than accommodating. Not really a problem. A bigger problem would be if I had my dish back and my neighbor sneezed and took out my signal for an hour.

ESPNU is a good channel. What's stupid is to have a cable package that doesn't have it.

Exactly. Directv doesn't offer espnu on its lowest package either. It's just that no one orders their lowest package. Everyone orders the one that $10 more and says they get it automatically because no one is going to order that bs basic package they offer. Then they yell and scream about how terrible mediacom is for charging for it when they're already paying for it themselves. I've had my share of issues with mediacom, but they have always made it right. On top of that my signal has gone out all of a couple of times in ten years and the internet is as good as I ever need. Oh, and they cover local sports and pick up UNI, ISU, and occasionally Iowa sporting events that may not be covered otherwise. People are still butt hurt from the big ten thing a few years back. If anything btn was to blame for holding companies hostage for what, at the time, was poorly commentated second tier basketball and football games and dog s*** programs. For $100 a month I have two hd dvr's, sports package, internet, and four additional tv's hooked up basic cable. Haven't been unable to watch any sporting event i want to in a long time. Not too bad of a deal for such a crappy company.

ESPNU is a good channel. What's stupid is to have a cable package that doesn't have it.

It is a fine channel but this is a college basketball game featuring to of the elite teams in the nation. It deserves the A channel.

I live in a small town. A Mediacom tech comes to my town on Thursday. If you have a problem they will wait to Thursday unless the whole block is down. If Mwdiacom is so great why do all the consumer mags, rate it worst in they nation?

Dick vitale would do it but at this point I don't think he can get his head out of mike chysheskieses butt! I mean he loves that team, Duke.

Exactly. Directv doesn't offer espnu on its lowest package either. It's just that no one orders their lowest package. Everyone orders the one that $10 more and says they get it automatically because no one is going to order that bs basic package they offer. Then they yell and scream about how terrible mediacom is for charging for it when they're already paying for it themselves. I've had my share of issues with mediacom, but they have always made it right. On top of that my signal has gone out all of a couple of times in ten years and the internet is as good as I ever need. Oh, and they cover local sports and pick up UNI, ISU, and occasionally Iowa sporting events that may not be covered otherwise. People are still butt hurt from the big ten thing a few years back. If anything btn was to blame for holding companies hostage for what, at the time, was poorly commentated second tier basketball and football games and dog s*** programs. For $100 a month I have two hd dvr's, sports package, internet, and four additional tv's hooked up basic cable. Haven't been unable to watch any sporting event i want to in a long time. Not too bad of a deal for such a crappy company.

LOL, who's the butt hurt one? You must work for Mediacom. What about NFL Sunday ticket? Oh yeah, can't get that on Mediacom. NBATV? NHL network? MLB network? And I have a REAL hard time believing that you get the sports package and internet for $100/month. Face it, bro, Mediacom blows donkey balls. DirecTv > Mediacom. Not even a question. If you really love sports, DirecTv is the only way to go.

Dick vitale would do it but at this point I don't think he can get his head out of mike chysheskieses butt! I mean he loves that team, Duke.

The last Iowa game I can remember Vitale covering was back in 2002 (or maybe December 2001). He did our B10/ACC challenge game. The opponent? Duke. I also seem to remember him covering Iowa's game @Indiana that year.

I'll never forget Vitale's comment about Alford: "Don't worry about your hair, you better get some shooters baby."

Not sure if he's done an Iowa game since then. That's ok, I can't stand listening to the guy anymore, especially now that his voice is 90% gone.

Latest posts