Wake up, little Carver, wake up, it is the official Indiana vs Iowa game thread

To end the half Conner goes to the Indiana bench and causes a commotion with Indians players, what an guy! Fran must be so proud..

Believe he was going to chat with the MFing zebras

hoosier classless Punks confronted him

Perhaps he didn't want Fran tossed off the floor for the second half

Mere speculation

:cool:

Too bad. He has always spoken highly of you.
I've said this before. A lot of people, including Metallica fans, despise Lars Ulrich. And he and Bohannon even share a resemblance.

Maybe it's the look. Some people refer to it as jerk face. But look up a photo of Ulrich and you will see what I mean. Bohannon has won a lot of games for us with clutch shooting which is more than a lot of Hawk legends can claim. Some on here (read: @HawkGold) even criticized JBo for intentionally missing the free throw so Chris Street could still have a share of the record.

To be fair he has probably also lost us some games with crap defense (2019 Maryland immediately comes to mind) But what I think pisses people off the most is that hee looks like an average Joe only he has D 1 talent. That rubs a lot of wannabes and glory day fading jocks the wrong way.

Was not expecting that from Kris Murray whatsoever last night. Watching him earlier this year you knew he had some size, could hit an occasional shot from deep, but he seemed like he was lacking something. Maybe being forced into doing more on offense when Keegan got in foul trouble was exactly what he needed. Confidence is a big deal and when he got rolling you could see his confidence soar. Fran's call for the press and zone in the 2nd half was a good move. Indiana guards were not much of a factor. I can't even recall who they were.

I mostly agree with your opinion, but fryowa does not like it when folks criticize the officials. You may want to duck to avoid a torrent of meaningless insults hurled your way!

I figured either you or Jud would be all over anyone mentioning officiating. Bad calls happen at every level, comments do get made about them. The difference is you post in a women's game thread where the leader (Clinton) can only post when something good happens, when something bad happens it's ALWAYS the officials, it's weird but it's his thing. Then you and Jud join in so you have a game thread where it's either score updates, player point updates, or bitch about the officials.

If you can't handle Fry's posts then IGNORE him, ignore me if you want IDC, but he does offer a decent perspective since he does work as an umpire. He's dead on that there is zero conspiracy against Iowa when it comes to officiating and he is dead on about the quality versus pay of officiating in women's basketball and it gets even worse at the high school level. Good officials at the women's level typically move on to higher paying positions, which is usually in men's sports. It's just the way it is and I doubt it ever changes. Complaining about it every game is unproductive, but obviously you can do whatever you want.

You are right on. I was at the game. The crowd was constantly on the refs and for good reasons. This crew is one of the worst in the BT. Fran collected his T on purpose and for good reasons. Any time Indiana got the ball inside you could 100% predict a foul on Iowa. When Iowa got the ball inside it was every man for himself. We do not have a history of fouling a lot as a team. The poor officiating had Iowa players confused in the first half. Not sure what they could do.

Jbo, love him or not, was absolutely mugged most of the game. Amazing he kept his poise and didn’t deck somebody. It threw off his shooting, of course. He was pressured heavily by one, or often, two defenders. Seems like our opponents are more afraid of his impact than we would believe. Might want to give that some thought.

The officials were calling a bunch of touch/anticipation fouls last night and it got ugly for Iowa with Iowa desperately trying to stop Jackson-Davis. But I also saw moments where Iowa got favorable calls as well, like that goal tending as it looked like a clean block. The fouls were distributed evenly 21 to 21 and Iowa shot more free throws (25 to 21), which became the difference in the game (Iowa made 21 of them while Indiana only made 13).

I thought the crowd responded appropriately.

The last 6 minutes of the game Fran had CMac, JBO, the twins, and Phillip on the floor. Indiana had 3 field goals. Iowa won with nice free throw shooting.
We out rebounded Indiana, had 15 steals, turned them over 27 times, and badly out scored them on fast breaks. Had a good number of offensive rebounds. 7 blocked shots.

Anybody who disrespects Iowa for their performance tonight clearly has no ability to recognize pure effort and guts. Fran jumped down their throats when they veered off center. He out coached Indiana by a mile in the long run.

Something was wrong with Pmac. He was exhausted late in the first half, even after a break. He worked his ass off.

The crowd was not huge, but did a good job in support. We were on our feet most of the second half.

For the size the crowd I thought the crowd was awesome, you all did great. I didn't make the game like I had hoped since my son wanted to take a friend and stay overnight. But defense, rebounding, and free throws won the game in the 2nd half. It was fun to watch and I hope they can bring it against Minnesota.

Pmac took some nasty shots, a couple I was surprised he stayed in the game. The game was really physical last night, typical Indiana (and Big Ten for that matter).

I despise Bohannon.
If you despise the schools 4th all time leader in points scored (he's going to end 3rd)
It's all time assist leader
and the schools best 3 point shooter ever....

just maybe, and I'm spit balling here, so stay with me....but just maybe you might not be an Iowa fan. I mean, hate who ever you want, but IMO, as an Iowa fan, I'll cheer for our players.

You are right on. I was at the game. The crowd was constantly on the refs and for good reasons. This crew is one of the worst in the BT. Fran collected his T on purpose and for good reasons. Any time Indiana got the ball inside you could 100% predict a foul on Iowa. When Iowa got the ball inside it was every man for himself. We do not have a history of fouling a lot as a team. The poor officiating had Iowa players confused in the first half. Not sure what they could do.

Jbo, love him or not, was absolutely mugged most of the game. Amazing he kept his poise and didn’t deck somebody. It threw off his shooting, of course. He was pressured heavily by one, or often, two defenders. Seems like our opponents are more afraid of his impact than we would believe. Might want to give that some thought.

The last 6 minutes of the game Fran had CMac, JBO, the twins, and Phillip on the floor. Indiana had 3 field goals. Iowa won with nice free throw shooting.
We out rebounded Indiana, had 15 steals, turned them over 27 times, and badly out scored them on fast breaks. Had a good number of offensive rebounds. 7 blocked shots.

Anybody who disrespects Iowa for their performance tonight clearly has no ability to recognize pure effort and guts. Fran jumped down their throats when they veered off center. He out coached Indiana by a mile in the long run.

Something was wrong with Pmac. He was exhausted late in the first half, even after a break. He worked his ass off.

The crowd was not huge, but did a good job in support. We were on our feet most of the second half.
I thought I saw JT in the first half on that the offensive foul he got called on him half take a swing at the defenders back. He was getting frustrated from all the grabbing they did to him too. Nobody can stay in front of him unless they do that. Good guys won that despite the refs I'm glad we pulled away how we did or refs woulda handed it to them on a platter.

I think we need to have more sets of Keegan, Kris, JT out there. Don’t really care on the other two positions. Those guys, along with Perkins when he is on, set the tone on offense and defense.

Great win for the Hawks. Doesn’t seem like Jackson-Davis did much tonight, other than get fouled 82 times.
I actually really like Kris being on the floor when Keegan isn't. Keegan is a fantastic scorer and can just about carry the first group. The marginal benefit of adding Kris to the first team does not have as near as big of an impact as Kris being on the 2nd team does. I guess if we want our best players on the court at all times I would agree with that.

Imagine a lineup with Rebraca, Pmac, CMac, Perkins and Ulis. Who does the scoring?

Last edited:
I actually really like Kris being on the floor when Keegan isn't. Keegan is a fantastic scorer and can just about carry the first group. The marginal benefit of adding Kris to the first team does not have as near as big of an impact as Kris being on the 2nd team does. I guess if we want our best players on the court at all times I would agree with that.
Totally see what you're saying. However I'd like those two bros playing together as much as possible. They play great together know where each other are all the time. They just have a feel for having played with each other for a lifetime already. Can't hardly quantify it but it's a real thing. I'd replace PM with Kris in a heartbeat myself. Bring PM off the bench to be the same spark he was last yr. But yeah having 1 Murray on the floor all the time would be an ideal thing I would say and 2 is even better

Imagine a lineup with Rebraca, Pmac, CMac, Perkins and Ulis. Who does the scoring?
You do make a good point. I just like the way they feed off each other. Plus it makes it tough on teams because they can't double team Keegan, especially if Jordan is hitting from deep. JT has also been showing an improved deep shot as well.

In that lineup, I would think Perkins or PMac would be the offensive weapons, but it really depends on the game. I was high on Patrick at the start of the year but it seems like he is constantly out of position on defense and tries to throw up some crazy shots. Not saying he won't get better, just seems to be in a little funk.

If you despise the schools 4th all time leader in points scored (he's going to end 3rd)
It's all time assist leader
and the schools best 3 point shooter ever....

just maybe, and I'm spit balling here, so stay with me....but just maybe you might not be an Iowa fan. I mean, hate who ever you want, but IMO, as an Iowa fan, I'll cheer for our players.
6 years in the league. Gave up more points than he made due to his piss poor defense. Dont hate the hawks but i am able to take the rose colored glasses off? I do hate you though