Wagner, Ellingson Day to Day

Not concerned at all. Hopefully this will give Dailey a chance to get even more minutes as well as Connor as JBo might play more at the 2.

Although my take on JBo moving to the 2 is that it's not that big of a difference, I'm starting to think Connor on the floor is better than Ellingson even if he's not as good as a shooter and Dailey is a better defender/rebounder.

Not concerned at all. Hopefully this will give Dailey a chance to get even more minutes as well as Connor as JBo might play more at the 2.

Although my take on JBo moving to the 2 is that it's not that big of a difference, I'm starting to think Connor on the floor is better than Ellingson even if he's not as good as a shooter and Dailey is a better defender/rebounder.
Agreed.

First off I feel for Ahmad and Brady because they are good kids and they’ve put a lot into this. Doesn’t sound like these injuries are long term in nature.

With that said I don’t think either should be in the rotation right now to begin with. Kriener either.

In regards to Connor he is not the answer some people are hoping he is. His role is to spell JBo for 10-12 minutes a game, and it appears he can handle that. The answer in my estimation is getting more consistent play from Moss and the continued emergence of Dailey. JBo will be fine if he isn’t getting all the attention from the defense on the perimeter.

Agreed.

First off I feel for Ahmad and Brady because they are good kids and they’ve put a lot into this. Doesn’t sound like these injuries are long term in nature.

With that said I don’t think either should be in the rotation right now to begin with. Kriener either.

In regards to Connor he is not the answer some people are hoping he is. His role is to spell JBo for 10-12 minutes a game, and it appears he can handle that. The answer in my estimation is getting more consistent play from Moss and the continued emergence of Dailey. JBo will be fine if he isn’t getting all the attention from the defense on the perimeter.

I disagree on Kriener. He's a hustler, he can rebound, runs the floor well and he's one of our best passing big men. He can allow the team to space the floor more as he's one of our big men who can shoot from outside.

I know Garza is playing terrific so I get where you're coming from but there's something about Kriener and his energy. Garza has played well against the non P-5 games but struggled in most of the games against good competition.

Having Connor able to play back up will be big. He's not the scorer but just as you said we have all these other options that can store even coming off the bench. Not only that but we know JBo isn't a good defender but now he can use a foul here and there when need be and not have to worry about having back up. I think JBo put a lot of pressure on himself coming into the season that he and Cook were going to be the guys as the All Big Fresh but JBo realizes he needs to go back to running the offense more and just hit the open 3s when they come.

I disagree on Kriener. He's a hustler, he can rebound, runs the floor well and he's one of our best passing big men. He can allow the team to space the floor more as he's one of our big men who can shoot from outside.

I know Garza is playing terrific so I get where you're coming from but there's something about Kriener and his energy. Garza has played well against the non P-5 games but struggled in most of the games against good competition.

Having Connor able to play back up will be big. He's not the scorer but just as you said we have all these other options that can store even coming off the bench. Not only that but we know JBo isn't a good defender but now he can use a foul here and there when need be and not have to worry about having back up. I think JBo put a lot of pressure on himself coming into the season that he and Cook were going to be the guys as the All Big Fresh but JBo realizes he needs to go back to running the offense more and just hit the open 3s when they come.
It’s nothing I have against Kriener or any of those guys for that matter. It’s just that we cannot afford to play that many guys. Now that Nunge is playing the 4, our top 4 “bigs” who are taking the 4/5 minutes are Cook, Nunge, Pemsl, and Garza.

At a certain point a coach needs to make a decision and to me that decision would be between Garza and Kriener. Although in theory Kriener can “space the floor” that really hasn’t happened in games this year. He has hit 2 3s and maybe a couple jump shots. It’s funny, everyone who talks up Kriener never mentions how much he struggles on D. Garza is in no way a good defender either yet, but at least at 6’11 he can challenge some more shots.

I agree that Garza hasn’t done much against the better competition, and to be honest I’m not extremely high on him just yet. My big man rotation would look like this:

4. Nunge 22 / Pemsl 18
5. Cook 28 / Garza 12

It’s nothing I have against Kriener or any of those guys for that matter. It’s just that we cannot afford to play that many guys. Now that Nunge is playing the 4, our top 4 “bigs” who are taking the 4/5 minutes are Cook, Nunge, Pemsl, and Garza.

At a certain point a coach needs to make a decision and to me that decision would be between Garza and Kriener. Although in theory Kriener can “space the floor” that really hasn’t happened in games this year. He has hit 2 3s and maybe a couple jump shots. It’s funny, everyone who talks up Kriener never mentions how much he struggles on D. Garza is in no way a good defender either yet, but at least at 6’11 he can challenge some more shots.

I agree that Garza hasn’t done much against the better competition, and to be honest I’m not extremely high on him just yet. My big man rotation would look like this:

4. Nunge 22 / Pemsl 18
5. Cook 28 / Garza 12

If Garza keeps playing well, I'd have 0 complaints with that rotation.

When you look at the stats, Garzas play might be the biggest correlation to a win/loss.

In the 7 wins, Garza is averaging more than 15 points a game.
In the 6 losses, Garza is averaging 3.667 points.

Would prefer the tread title to read “Wagner, Ellingson, “from baseline to baseline”

We really could use that type of play.

Latest posts