Wadley's mom active on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyLikesIowa

Has the media or anyone else been following what Akrum Wadley's mom has been up to? She's on a mission to expose the "Racial Despairities at University of Iowa."

If this is the first you've heard of it, I highly recommend you take a look at some of the recent posts on her Facebook page. Here's a video she posted earlier today. I'm still watching it, but at about the 23:00 mark she claims that the coaching staff sabotaged Akrum's NFL hopes.

Last edited:
Has the media or anyone else been following what Akrum Wadley's mom has been up to? She's on a mission to expose the "Racial Despairities at University of Iowa."

If this is the first you've heard of it, I highly recommend you take a look at some of the recent posts on her Facebook page. Here's a video she posted earlier today. I'm still watching it, but at about the 23:00 mark she claims that the coaching staff sabotaged Akrum's NFL hopes.

This and DJK if true will get some heads fired. With that said, if not true, there’s a law against defamation of ones character. Would not want to be there pockets IF they are found to be lying. Furthermore I see there’s rumors a few months ago the same lady above was begging Iowa for her younger son to get A scholarship there...why? Sharonda seems to be making a petty clout grab with this one. Much like DJCocaine did.

i watched her one she posted on like last saturday or last weekend or whatever and was like hey everybody just wait til wednesday, there's gonna be this big reveal. Like she was advertising for a tv show. 'Like Geraldo is going to open this vault and show the remains of jimmy hoffa or al capone or something.

The whole thing just gave me a huge everything is staged vibe. Thanks for posting this i was gonna look for it this weekend.

She sounds like me dealing with the local school when my special needs daughter was being bullied and the school wouldn't stop it. I did get it stopped. The only way to deal with schools like that is to get in their face and make it painful to them. That's what she sounds like.

After 20 years of watching the good story white walkon start over the talented black guy, I'm not really surprised at this. It might be worse than I thought, but it was obviously pretty bad. I remember doing a post years ago that started "I'm not saying Kirk's racist, but...." talking about how the black guy never wins a tight position battle. So much for the idea that Kirk wants to win so he's gunna play the best players I guess.

i watched her one she posted on like last saturday or last weekend or whatever and was like hey everybody just wait til wednesday, there's gonna be this big reveal. Like she was advertising for a tv show. 'Like Geraldo is going to open this vault and show the remains of jimmy hoffa or al capone or something.

The whole thing just gave me a huge everything is staged vibe. Thanks for posting this i was gonna look for it this weekend.

I saw that video she posted on Saturday too, and got the same vibe. I just finished watching the video she posted today which I shared in my first post. Some of it sounds credible, but a lot of it seems far-fetched IMO.

She's not very well-spoken, tends to ramble on, and seems to be clueless about DJK's credibility or lack thereof. She is also convinced her son didn't get drafted specifically because the coaches prevented it from happening. I'll save a lot of people's time, and direct you to the highlights.

9:15 - She mentions AW first calling her about CD. Shortly thereafter, she brings up KF and his uncanny ability to selectively "not recall" things despite having demonstrated a sharp memory.
13:30 - She tells a story regarding another phone call from AW regarding an interaction with BF after they were given winter hats. Claims BF asked if AW was going to rob a gas station, rob a liquor store on two separate occasion. Shortly thereafter she claims racism is why Iowa can't win any championships.
16:30 - She claims that black players aren't allowed to do certain things. Tells story about the late Derrick Mitchell Jr. being treated badly for dating a "non African-American" girl, and mentions DJK dating KF's daughter and the trash can incident.
19:30 - She references lists of black recruits for 2012-2016 and says that most of them left the program. (The lists aren't legible because her camera mirrored the image, but she has pictures of these lists posted on her Facebook page. Also, she claims Derrick Mitchell Jr. gave her these names before he died.)
21:05 - She claims a white player called AW to inform him that BF said he wasn't getting drafted shortly after AW left a meeting with BF the day before the draft started.
23:00 - she claims that the BF & CD sabotaged Akrum's chances of playing in the NFL.
25:00 - claims KF is "racist, but he doesn't want to be" and that KF shrugged it off when she confronted him about how AW was being treated by BF & CD.
35:00 - She plays a prerecorded statement from AW that is really compelling. Akrum claims that BF & CD both said racist things to him numerous times. He also mentions a story involving Brandon Simon (who transferred May 2019).

This crap is getting ridiculous. If I am a white kid and grew up in a trailer park and needed some prodding for motivation, and a black coach said "get to work or you'll end up back in the trailer park". Is that racism?
AW's mom just plain sounds bat shit crazy.
Even if BF said that about not getting drafted, did she ever stop to think that is because he had feedback from the NFL?
You know, if I were an African American with a legitimate complaint about anything from police brutality to racism, I would be all over these people because they are delegitimizing it all. All of it.
I said in another post good African Americans are being used as pawns and they don't even recognize it. Instead of having a legitimate complaint and coming together and working it out, they are creating division and then complaining there is division. Maybe that's why we can't win championships, because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and we sure are getting a good look at the trees.
There is so much bs in all this, Daniels praises Doyle and then says he wasn't treated fairly and that's what started all this???
AW's mom says DJK dated KF's daughter yet KF is racist? Hires multiple black coaches and he is racist?
Come on.
And no, I decided not to leave, because I will not allow a bunch of BS and this is BS, to stop me from being a Hawk.

Last edited:
After 20 years of watching the good story white walkon start over the talented black guy, I'm not really surprised at this. It might be worse than I thought, but it was obviously pretty bad. I remember doing a post years ago that started "I'm not saying Kirk's racist, but...." talking about how the black guy never wins a tight position battle. So much for the idea that Kirk wants to win so he's gunna play the best players I guess.

So the same white walkon that wins the starting job by outworking fellow white and black scholarship athletes and he eventually goes on to also play in the NFL. SO was he really “worse” than the other guys who he was competing against or did he possibly deserve a scholarship to begin with? Maybe?

I saw that video she posted on Saturday too, and got the same vibe. I just finished watching the video she posted today which I shared in my first post. Some of it sounds credible, but a lot of it seems far-fetched IMO.

She's not very well-spoken, tends to ramble on, and seems to be clueless about DJK's credibility or lack thereof. She is also convinced her son didn't get drafted specifically because the coaches prevented it from happening. I'll save a lot of people's time, and direct you to the highlights.

9:15 - She mentions AW first calling her about CD. Shortly thereafter, she brings up KF and his uncanny ability to selectively "not recall" things despite having demonstrated a sharp memory.
13:30 - She tells a story regarding another phone call from AW regarding an interaction with BF after they were given winter hats. Claims BF asked if AW was going to rob a gas station, rob a liquor store on two separate occasion. Shortly thereafter she claims racism is why Iowa can't win any championships.
16:30 - She claims that black players aren't allowed to do certain things. Tells story about the late Derrick Mitchell Jr. being treated badly for dating a "non African-American" girl, and mentions DJK dating KF's daughter and the trash can incident.
19:30 - She references lists of black recruits for 2012-2016 and says that most of them left the program. (The lists aren't legible because her camera mirrored the image, but she has pictures of these lists posted on her Facebook page. Also, she claims Derrick Mitchell Jr. gave her these names before he died.)
21:05 - She claims a white player called AW to inform him that BF said he wasn't getting drafted shortly after AW left a meeting with BF the day before the draft started.
23:00 - she claims that the BF & CD sabotaged Akrum's chances of playing in the NFL.
25:00 - claims KF is "racist, but he doesn't want to be" and that KF shrugged it off when she confronted him about how AW was being treated by BF & CD.
35:00 - She plays a prerecorded statement from AW that is really compelling. Akrum claims that BF & CD both said racist things to him numerous times. He also mentions a story involving Brandon Simon (who transferred May 2019).

She also claimed Coach fuh-renz hates biracial athletes the most despite wirfs, geno stone and Amani having amazing careers at Iowa and having LeVar woods on staff for 12 years.

I’m very sympathetic to these players, however these videos are not helpful. Spraying wild accusations at everyone under the sun hurts the process. With any movement you have many people who have legitimate concerns and a few people out for money and revenge.

Last edited:
He was a 2* with no offers right? So......

Does she address the Hawkeye football shirt she is wearing?

I think the main thing she is guilty of (understandably) is thinking her son is the next Adrian Peterson and being much more talented than he really is. Honestly as parents we can all understand that.

Akrum was a very good Iowa running back and was so much fun to watch. However on the grand scheme of things,190 lb elusive RBs are a dime a dozen at the NFL level. In order to get paid you have to be Derek henry, Christian mccaffery or saquon.

she expected the big payday and didn’t get it.

She also claimed Coach fuh-renz hates biracial athletes the most despite wirfs, geno stone and Amani having amazing careers at Iowa and having LeVar woods on staff for 12 years.

I’m very sympathetic to these players, however these videos are not helpful. Spraying wild accusations at everyone under the sun hurts the process. With any movement you have many people who have legitimate concerns and a few people out for money and revenge.

Wadley was about the most electrifying RB out of the Big in years. Starts one year.

I analyzed Banks years ago. He produced about 2/3 of the scoring with one third the snaps or something like that. If he only knew the plays his junior year.

KF had wild success with a dual threat qb. Never went bank. He tried to make banks be a lab when he was a border collie.

Preference? Implicit bias?

Wadley's mom reached out to the Iowa Football program and pleaded with them to offer AK's younger brother. If she REALLY felt that the coaches she named were racist then she wouldn't have done that.
I couldn't get through the Facebook video, it was a lot of rambling and accusations without evidence to back them up. To my knowledge AK's biggest claim was the ski mask comment by BF. I'm sorry, but that is not racist. I'm sure BF feels bad that it was interpreted that way, but that doesn't make the comment itself racist.

I remember my mom went and talked to my middle school coach when I was in 7th grade once and I found out about it and was so mad at her. Embarassed. I couldn't imagine being Akrum's age and having my mom still doing that to me and speaking for me.

That said, I'm realizing nothing is ever as good as it seems and nothing ever as bad as it seems.

The guys who really want positive change will do it like men and work with the coaches to have real conversations and solutions. Not just use Social Media to throw stuff out.

So the same white walkon that wins the starting job by outworking fellow white and black scholarship athletes and he eventually goes on to also play in the NFL. SO was he really “worse” than the other guys who he was competing against or did he possibly deserve a scholarship to begin with? Maybe?
There were those stories too. But lets not pretend there weren't plenty of the stories I mentioned too.

Wadley's mom reached out to the Iowa Football program and pleaded with them to offer AK's younger brother. If she REALLY felt that the coaches she named were racist then she wouldn't have done that.
I couldn't get through the Facebook video, it was a lot of rambling and accusations without evidence to back them up. To my knowledge AK's biggest claim was the ski mask comment by BF. I'm sorry, but that is not racist. I'm sure BF feels bad that it was interpreted that way, but that doesn't make the comment itself racist.
I've literally been told that every time I've worn a ski mask. Little did they know, I made some money that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts