Wadley's mom active on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 20 years of watching the good story white walkon start over the talented black guy, I'm not really surprised at this. It might be worse than I thought, but it was obviously pretty bad. I remember doing a post years ago that started "I'm not saying Kirk's racist, but...." talking about how the black guy never wins a tight position battle. So much for the idea that Kirk wants to win so he's gunna play the best players I guess.

I know. DJK left as Iowa's leading receptions and yardage player. He left a looooot of catches on the field due to being benched. Who knows what the records would have been. It's amazing he was able to get the records in the first place, IMO. Maybe that says more about the lack of production at WR at Iowa than anything.

I wish KF would loosen up his standards and conformity rules a little bit for players and let the stars shine more. It's alright to let players show some personality if not detrimental to the team. He just has to have utter control over everything.

Yes, those who conform more play more which is evident after analyzing the situation.

Makes one wonder how many wins KF left on the field for not going with the best players over the years. There had to be games to be had.

Remember the frustration with Fant's playing time. Same situation as DJK and some other players IMO.

She was also on Todd Brommelkamp show yesterday. Podcast page here ...

http://www.kgymradio.com/podcast/the-todd-brommelkamp-show-with-alex-kuhn/

Thanks for sharing this. I was unaware of it. I just listened to it. I must say, she did a much better job presenting herself and answering questions. However, she didn't really say anything that we didn't already know. When she was pressed for more info or other examples of what Akrum experienced, she either didn't have any or chose not to speak on it.

Honestly, it sounds to me like she's just pissed off that Akrum wasn't drafted and is looking for someone to blame because from her POV it's impossible that Akrum simply wasn't good enough. She does have a point that he was a highly regarded RB going into the draft, but still passed over. It appears that her resentment didn't start until then. I really want to believe her story, but something just seems off about it. It just seems too convenient to say she was fooled by KF. My gut says she's not credible.

Last edited:
Prediction, Ferentz will "retire" after the end of this year. To much stuff keeps coming out in this politically charged environment. Just like the DJK story, if this is all made up, it is one hell of a story. Regardless if it is true or not, it will be used heavily against Iowa in recruiting. The name of Ferentz, is quickly becoming a cancer to the program. It is heart-breaking to see unfold. And, again if this is all BS and if Ferentz has to fall on a sword because of it, that really is most unfortunate.

No way can I see Brian taking over now.

I hope they have some PR magic coming their way in the program. They are going to need it.

Last edited:
The ski mask thing is a bit of stretch when saying that it's one example of someone being racist. People of all races say shit like that to each other all the time as a prod or joke. A lot of these stories are just like that....
The thing to point out is not what they said but how the people felt... It may not be Chris Doyle's fault that these players felt this way. It may be society and how we are structured that made them feel this way.

I believe the Iowa football program is very ignorant and behind times. I don't think any of these racial disparities come from a place of hate or malice, I think they come from ignorance.

I really don't think the best way to go about things is to call for heads or to ruin someones life unless it's called for. If you want change you have to educate and communicate otherwise you're just moving the problem under the rug when it eventually will come back again. Unfortunately with social media and most people wanting quick satisfaction, no one wants to communicate and listen to each other (this especially goes for politics).

I think it is just great that we are trying to come to conclusions based on Twitter and Facebook. Part of the picture? Of course. But conclusions that impact heavily in a variety of ways better be based on a lot more than social media. What the hell? We have a large block of Americans who call CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC And half the newspapers in the US, “fake news.” Then we pass judgement on issues based on social media. OK.

Did she mention the meeting AW and his uncle had before his senior season with Kirk and Brian about his optimal playing weight that would give him the best chance at the NFL? I bet she forgot to mention AW and his uncle disregarded their advice.

Wadley was about the most electrifying RB out of the Big in years. Starts one year.

I analyzed Banks years ago. He produced about 2/3 of the scoring with one third the snaps or something like that. If he only knew the plays his junior year.

KF had wild success with a dual threat qb. Never went bank. He tried to make banks be a lab when he was a border collie.

Preference? Implicit bias?

Banks was God. If only he hadn't played the leading rusher in Iowa history. Oh, and that was under Fry, not KF.

Other than that, solid credibility, sport. Solid.

I love it. For four years we hear how she made AW stay at Iowa and stick it out, and listen to his coaches.

Four years of lies, no doubt o_O

I know. DJK left as Iowa's leading receptions and yardage player. He left a looooot of catches on the field due to being benched. Who knows what the records would have been. It's amazing he was able to get the records in the first place, IMO. Maybe that says more about the lack of production at WR at Iowa than anything.

I wish KF would loosen up his standards and conformity rules a little bit for players and let the stars shine more. It's alright to let players show some personality if not detrimental to the team. He just has to have utter control over everything.

Yes, those who conform more play more which is evident after analyzing the situation.

Makes one wonder how many wins KF left on the field for not going with the best players over the years. There had to be games to be had.

Remember the frustration with Fant's playing time. Same situation as DJK and some other players IMO.

DJK left a lot of catches on the field because he wouldn't fight for the ball sometimes, too. I remember two of Stanzi's INTs against Indiana in 2009. DJK "looked the ball into his hands". But, they were the Indiana DBs hands...

Has the media or anyone else been following what Akrum Wadley's mom has been up to? She's on a mission to expose the "Racial Despairities at University of Iowa."

If this is the first you've heard of it, I highly recommend you take a look at some of the recent posts on her Facebook page. Here's a video she posted earlier today. I'm still watching it, but at about the 23:00 mark she claims that the coaching staff sabotaged Akrum's NFL hopes.

Sounds like she is upset her son didn’t get paid and buy her a new house. Claiming that him not making it i the NFL means the Iowa coaches ruined his life is insanity. He actually was signed to a team so he had a chance to do something in the NFL and didn’t. Those coaches gave him the opportunity to earn a free degree. This is plain ridiculous ‍♂️

I'll admit I have also been frustrated with who is or isn't playing, but that is also based on the payer's perceived "talent" or ability. While it's possible we left some wins on the field with lesser talented players, it's also possible we don't win some of the games we did if the more "talented" players are on the field, but not in the right spot or don't follow the gameplan. It's all hard to tell.

KF is an older white guy and doesn't like big personalities. Black players tend to have bigger personalities compared to their white counterparts. Anyone who has watched college and professional sports knows this to be true. There was no racism on KF's part his personality and those of some black players simply didn't mesh. I do believe he has improved on this in recent years as evidenced by the talent on the field and the results.

I can't take this seriously. Why is she coming out now, if she knew he was being blackballed for the NFL 2 years ago. He did make an XFL team, but was then waived. While I was surprised he never got drafted in the NFL, I knew he had to find the right fit to make it. If she really thought there were these issues, she wouldn't have asked for her other son to be offered by Iowa. It sounds like a parent with too high of an opinion of both son's abilities and blaming someone else.

I can't take this seriously. Why is she coming out now, if she knew he was being blackballed for the NFL 2 years ago. He did make an XFL team, but was then waived. While I was surprised he never got drafted in the NFL, I knew he had to find the right fit to make it. If she really thought there were these issues, she wouldn't have asked for her other son to be offered by Iowa. It sounds like a parent with too high of an opinion of both son's abilities and blaming someone else.

Same with the NFL, sure he wasn't drafted but he did get signed by the Titans and had his opportunity in their camp and preseason. The fact everyone is overlooking especially her is that the running back position in the NFL is not that sought after anymore and would be towards the bottom if you ranked all the offensive positions of value for the NFL.

That ranking change when you have an unique talent that mixes great speed and size which AW did not have, as well as some other intangibles which they must not have sen enough from him. If the coaches on the Titans thought he had a chance to develop they would have kept him around but that didn't happen. Maybe more happened when he was at Iowa but the excuse about the NFL is BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts