Wadley's mom active on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is why would a head coach, who's program is known for not bringing in highly regarded skill position players, sabotage a player after they've gone through the program to keep him off an NFL roster. I just don't see the logic that he would sabotage something that would help recruiting going forward, by intentionally going after a player that has no future with the program.

Systematic racism and other discriminatory practices are a part of most societies... but shit like this doesn't help.
I've been a teacher and coach for 20 years. I've seen this show before. There may or may not be some unfair trends at Iowa, but Akrum Wadley making the NFL or not has jack shit to do with it.

I've seen this shit show 100 times out of parents thinking their 5ft 2 8th grader is the next LaBron James and he cant even make a lay-up or dribble with out looking at the ball.

My guess is that him running a 40 that was loads slower than what everyone thought it should be is what kept him from being drafted. His fumbles kept him from sticking with the Titans. And I think an injury sidelined him for the AFL.

All said, the facemask comments from BF are at best moronic and ill-conceived and at worst racial bias.

Systematic racism and other discriminatory practices are a part of most societies... but shit like this doesn't help.
I've been a teacher and coach for 20 years. I've seen this show before. There may or may not be some unfair trends at Iowa, but Akrum Wadley making the NFL or not has jack shit to do with it.

I've seen this shit show 100 times out of parents thinking their 5ft 2 8th grader is the next LaBron James and he cant even make a lay-up or dribble with out looking at the ball.
The trend at Iowa is they have strict rules on how you look and how you act. In today's world, that's called racist I guess. What's funny is if you say people "act black" people will call that racist. But if its racist to think there is such a thing as acting black, doesn't that have to mean there is no such thing as acting black? And if there is no such thing as acting black, how can it racist to not want players to act a certain way? It clearly can't be a race thing if there is no such thing as acting black.

The trend at Iowa is they have strict rules on how you look and how you act. In today's world, that's called racist I guess. What's funny is if you say people "act black" people will call that racist. But if its racist to think there is such a thing as acting black, doesn't that have to mean there is no such thing as acting black? And if there is no such thing as acting black, how can it racist to not want players to act a certain way? It clearly can't be a race thing if there is no such thing as acting black.

Who said there is no such thing as "Acting black"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts