Wadley

Probably didn't curtsy correctly when attending a charity event designed to elevate the profile of the head coach.

Kirk don't do charity events, c'mon Josh, way too much credit to KF, any charity he does has to be for his own ultra high profile he keeps. It just has to be.

If you remember, Wadley was nursing a knee injury in the NDSU game....

That's weird, his YPC were better than Daniels. Now please tell me how Daniels was injured so we can keep playing the excuse game.

If you remember Kirk has used the medical excuse to cover-up his bad decision-making for 18 years.

What's the excuse for Gair/Ekakitie/Fleming/CJB in 2014/etc.???

This reminds me exactly of the Shaw vs Banks (both were better than the current day counterparts FWIW) discussions of yesteryear. Many were clamoring for Banks to get more if not most of the carries. Then Banks senior year he did get almost all he carries. He was unstoppable to start the year leading the nation in rushing. Then he ran into better competition and was worn down. He wasn't the same back the rest of the year. He wasn't as effective vs good opponents as he was sharing duty w Shaw. Shaw was much more appreciated after he was gone. Shaw/Daniels are your punishing 5 ypc back and Banks/Wadley are your home run hitters. Both are valuable and not using them both and having them both more fresh when they do carry the rock would be irresponsible. Almost every team in college and the NFL do this.
Shaw was so so good in his own right too. To this day I'm still surprised he didn't have an NFL career to speak of. Those of you that are too young or haven't seen him run in awhile look up some of his games. Dude was vintage Hayden Fry and yes when they got Banks to compliment him holy crap what a duo... I remember that year Banks was the man after Shaw. I think Iowa played OSU with Katzenmoyer and PSU had a stud LB corp and they both shut him/Iowa down... Only difference being Banks was bigger and didn't have the fumbleitis probs Wadley has had. Banks was a solid 205 and probably the fastest college player at that time period. (If he was #2 it was to Timmy D)

That's weird, his YPC were better than Daniels. Now please tell me how Daniels was injured so we can keep playing the excuse game.

If you remember Kirk has used the medical excuse to cover-up his bad decision-making for 18 years.

I would like to nominate Josh for both offensive and defensive coordinator positions so we can always get the right players on the field.

I would like to nominate Josh for both offensive and defensive coordinator positions so we can always get the right players on the field.

My coordinator skillz against your posting skillz?

I'll win that competition every time.

My coordinator skillz against your posting skillz?

I'll win that competition every time.

Congratulations! If you will quit trying to become the O and D coordinators for the Hawks, I will make every effort to improve my posting skills!

Wadley's talent is obvious.

But I thought it was obvious why he was not playing more.

Fumbled a lot and could not get his weight up early in his career. he just did not have the physical body that could cary the ball 20 times a game, and was not strong enough to avoid fumbles.

Lousy blocker on pass protection. this disadvantage was turned into an advantage by turning him into a reciever out of the backfield that pretended to block and went out for a pass instead.

Liked to showboat on TD runs. high stepping yards from the endzone. he did not just do this once, but kept doing things that seemed immature.

Players of better character in front of him on the depth chart. Canzeri and Daniels both acted like leaders that set the right example.

In other words, Fetentz has been waiting for Wadley to grow up and mature, both emotionally and physically.

This is probably right. but if we're talking about this season, LD has had some games where he's just been hot. and that's part of the point of playing 2 backs. if one gets a hot hand, you ride them. I think LD is an NFL back. Not many NFL teams can't use a 6'-0" / 225 back with above average speed, with low mileage. Wadley could go for 1500+ and 15 scores next season. but this season, i don't have a problem with how AW and LD have been used.

Kirk don't do charity events, c'mon Josh, way too much credit to KF, any charity he does has to be for his own ultra high profile he keeps. It just has to be.
That's a pretty cheap shot. How on earth do you know what he and his wife do that's kept on the down low? They do so much for the hospital and kids that we do know about. The guy is the furthest thing from Steve Alford there is. He may not be your favorite coach for legit reasons but that's uncalled for.

That's a pretty cheap shot. How on earth do you know what he and his wife do that's kept on the down low? They do so much for the hospital and kids that we do know about. The guy is the furthest thing from Steve Alford there is. He may not be your favorite coach for legit reasons but that's uncalled for.

Nice sarcasm detector you have there.

In re to Daniels v Wadley and starting. In Banks jr year I did the stats. Iowa scored on 1/3 of their possessions. With Banks in the game they score on 2/3 of the possessions and didn't start because he "wasn't ready".

KF kept a Heisman runner up from starting.

Shaw was so so good in his own right too. To this day I'm still surprised he didn't have an NFL career to speak of. Those of you that are too young or haven't seen him run in awhile look up some of his games. Dude was vintage Hayden Fry and yes when they got Banks to compliment him holy crap what a duo... I remember that year Banks was the man after Shaw. I think Iowa played OSU with Katzenmoyer and PSU had a stud LB corp and they both shut him/Iowa down... Only difference being Banks was bigger and didn't have the fumbleitis probs Wadley has had. Banks was a solid 205 and probably the fastest college player at that time period. (If he was #2 it was to Timmy D)
I was going to say Shaw wasn't fast enough to play in the NFL but E. Smith wasn't fast enough, either, but he made a fairly good career in Dallas.

I guess one needs to have some luck to be successful in the NFL. For example, no injuries and a Pro-Bowl offensive line doesn't hurt when one is a tailback. Since most NFL teams don't have a Pro-Bowl offensive line, athleticism doesn't hurt (which Shaw didn't have, he didn't have the speed).

I would like to nominate Josh <Brown> for both offensive and defensive coordinator positions so we can always get the right players on the field.
Now you guys know how I/we feel when you criticize Davis and praise KF for their offense.

Last edited:
This is probably right. but if we're talking about this season, LD has had some games where he's just been hot. and that's part of the point of playing 2 backs. if one gets a hot hand, you ride them. I think LD is an NFL back. Not many NFL teams can't use a 6'-0" / 225 back with above average speed, with low mileage. Wadley could go for 1500+ and 15 scores next season. but this season, i don't have a problem with how AW and LD have been used.
Oh wow. Which position is LD going to play in the pros? Maybe the head coach in Buffalo will draft him, too?...At least, KF (and ArvadaHawk) will give any NFL organization a glowing recommendation of LD as a running back...How long will it take LD to learn a new position in the pros?

Sarcasm font was off. I'm a KF guy.

They just didn't do enough in practice. And I'm being serious. That's how you play for KF, you have to be mistake free on the practice field to see the playing field.

The only way you lose your spot is to injury. The exception to that rule is KOK fighting for you, or a star player threatening to leave, and probably have others follow him (CJB, though to be fair, his star has dimmed in 2016)

It's frustrating as @#%#% to see the same players play every snap. We barely substitute, and it's part of the reason why our defense fades at the end of games. They're gassed.

Faith, Manny, Gair, and a few others really stepped up. JJ also seemed more inspired later this year.