Wadley Makes it Official, He's Coming Back

55e32093-0792-49aa-97bf-47a5773690f4_1.bb572c0615fd564db747039a0992983a.jpeg

Did he come to practice wearing his cap backwards?

Let's do some simple math.

Daniels = correct weight = 5 yards per carry

Wadley = incorrect weight = 6.4 yards per carry and more total TDs (total as in rushing/receiving)

I know Rob mentioned in one of his articles that he is sick of this weight issue. Rob and Sirius and I can't be the only ones.

He could definitely stand to add 10 pounds. He's obviously made things work thus far, but how many 190-pound running backs do you see last in the NFL (the best comparison for Wadley I can think of is Jamaal Charles, and he's definitely had an injury-riddled career)? 200 pounds is more reasonable weight for him to be at, as far as the NFL is concerned. And he can definitely put that much on without losing his speed and elusiveness (assuming he can put the weight on at all, that is).

He could definitely stand to add 10 pounds. He's obviously made things work thus far, but how many 190-pound running backs do you see last in the NFL (the best comparison for Wadley I can think of is Jamaal Charles, and he's definitely had an injury-riddled career)? 200 pounds is more reasonable weight for him to be at, as far as the NFL is concerned. And he can definitely put that much on without losing his speed and elusiveness (assuming he can put the weight on at all, that is).

I gotta be honest. I don't give a **** about the NFL. I only care what works for Iowa. So far 185 has worked pretty well.

EDIT: I'm not bothered if he does gain weight. But only if it makes him a better rusher. I'd rather see 75 yd TDs than blocking highlights.

Not much different than King last year, momma said stick around and he listens to his mother.
Couldn't say no to mama and a big fat insurance policy. From what I gather he is less excited than anyone on this board. Happy to have him back but wouldn't be surprised if he was overly careful next year if the Hawks aren't competitive.

Couldn't say no to mama and a big fat insurance policy. From what I gather he is less excited than anyone on this board. Happy to have him back but wouldn't be surprised if he was overly careful next year if the Hawks aren't competitive.

And what happened this year to think we will be competitive and consistently better.

I gotta be honest. I don't give a **** about the NFL. I only care what works for Iowa. So far 185 has worked pretty well.

EDIT: I'm not bothered if he does gain weight. But only if it makes him a better rusher. I'd rather see 75 yd TDs than blocking highlights.

I'm not saying you should care about the NFL, but it's not as though that critique of his readiness for the next level was invalid. And adding 10 or so pounds can definitely help him at Iowa, too. Nobody's expecting him to be built like Daniels by August (or ever).

I'm not saying you should care about the NFL, but it's not as though that critique of his readiness for the next level was invalid. And adding 10 or so pounds can definitely help him at Iowa, too. Nobody's expecting him to be built like Daniels by August (or ever).

Here's my feelings which some have already expressed as their own.

He's out there doing amazing things and all I'm hearing from the coach is bitching. I'm not saying that's the experience you're having . . . I'm saying that's what I'm seeing. Again, this is my opinion and I'm not asking you to adopt it as your own. But how 'bout some ****ing glowing praise more often than comments that seem designed to head off any criticism of his player choices. Anyway, if his light weight hindered his accomplishments this year, I sure as hell couldn't see it.

DMX

(uh oh, I'm gonna get blasted now)

I'm with ya, I'm a DMX fan. I'd like to see him as #2, and both of them in same formation. Cripes, they can also both catch the ball, which any decent OC could use to help the receiving game....look what PSU does with Barkley...

Oh...but...Davis....

Without reading all the feedback I'll add this.

Some may bring up his ability to be a featured back and take the punishment.

1) Valid concern . . . but even big backs get injured. So size doesn't seem to prevent injury imo.

2) Though it would be fun to have him get a bazillion touches, and I hope he gets a truckload, there are other RBs that can spell him and that could be a way to keep him healthy all year.

Anyway, that's my take.

Without reading all the feedback I'll add this.

Some may bring up his ability to be a featured back and take the punishment.

1) Valid concern . . . but even big backs get injured. So size doesn't seem to prevent injury imo.

2) Though it would be fun to have him get a bazillion touches, and I hope he gets a truckload. There are other RBs that can spell him and that could be a way to keep him healthy all year.

Anyway, that's my take.

X gonna give it to ya !

Let's do some simple math.

Daniels = correct weight = 5 yards per carry

Wadley = incorrect weight = 6.4 yards per carry and more total TDs (total as in rushing/receiving)

I know Rob mentioned in one of his articles that he is sick of this weight issue. Rob and Sirius and I can't be the only ones.

All due respect, Josh. One of the major reasons for AK's success is the fact that Daniels was a premier running back. He had, you will recall, over 1,000 yards. Helped keep both of them healthy. Day of one running back is over. Deal with it, man!

All due respect, Josh. One of the major reasons for AK's success is the fact that Daniels was a premier running back. He had, you will recall, over 1,000 yards. Helped keep both of them healthy. Day of one running back is over. Deal with it, man!

Could have used 7/8 more touches for AK rather than LD especially on 3rd down.

Here's my feelings which some have already expressed as their own.

He's out there doing amazing things and all I'm hearing from the coach is bitching. I'm not saying that's the experience you're having . . . I'm saying that's what I'm seeing. Again, this is my opinion and I'm not asking you to adopt it as your own. But how 'bout some ****ing glowing praise more often than comments that seem designed to head off any criticism of his player choices. Anyway, if his light weight hindered his accomplishments this year, I sure as hell couldn't see it.

Again, you have no idea what the personal relationship is between AK nd KF. Do not take what you see in the papers as gospel. Picture the two of them laughing when KF is messing with him in piblic and praising him in private.

This is a great job of reading his mind! Could you please explain how you do this?

Daniels' 1000 yds is being forgotten by everyone, Wadley is the savior. Lol

Daniels' 1000 yds is being forgotten by everyone, Wadley is the savior. Lol

I actually agree that Daniels and Wadley complimented each other. That's why I mentioned DMX early on in this discussion. I would like to see him get a fair amount of touches next year. He's big and imo is probably more versatile than Daniels.