Wadley Makes it Official, He's Coming Back

I actually agree that Daniels and Wadley complimented each other. That's why I mentioned DMX early on in this discussion. I would like to see him get a fair amount of touches next year. He's big and imo is probably more versatile than Daniels.
They did compliment each other well. Wadley will not be an every down back next year, the will have to do it by committee again in order for him to have another good year

Iowa also has some nice fullbacks imo. Would like to see them utilized more. Let Kulick (or whoever stands out) get some touches.

Seen he was graduating this spring. Heck of thing to do for his team to return. I feel like he wouldn't have went much further than 4th round. Is the pay out much different between 4th and 2nd rounders?

Awesome. I'm almost surprised at how soon we are hearing this. He had some time to get more feedback from the NFL peeps. I bet he hadn't slept too well the last few nights. So maybe with this weight off his shoulders he can start packing on some real weight...

I hope not. He's just fine the way he is. But knowing Kirk, he'll try as hard as he can to put weight on him so he can run him into 8/9 man fronts all season long at 30 carries per gam like a traditional bell-cow RB that Kirk loves.

Now a smart offensive coach would design a play to give AW about 12-15 carries a game and 3-5 plays where he is the primary WR. And then abuse defenses using him as a decoy. Lining him up all over the field and making it look as if he is the primary ball carrier and/or WR. That would drive defenses crazy.

But that doesn't fit into Kirk's offense.

I hope not. He's just fine the way he is. But knowing Kirk, he'll try as hard as he can to put weight on him so he can run him into 8/9 man fronts all season long at 30 carries per gam like a traditional bell-cow RB that Kirk loves.

Now a smart offensive coach would design a play to give AW about 12-15 carries a game and 3-5 plays where he is the primary WR. And then abuse defenses using him as a decoy. Lining him up all over the field and making it look as if he is the primary ball carrier and/or WR. That would drive defenses crazy.

he needs to put on more muscle. It will make him a better back.

I went back and watched his high school highlight film. He was making those same jump cuts, cut backs, spin moves. Incredible - stuff you cannot teach (and shouldn't try to coach out of him). It's hard for defenders to get a clean shot on him, he's always running at an angle.

Iowa also has some nice fullbacks imo. Would like to see them utilized more. Let Kulick (or whoever stands out) get some touches.

I'm on board with a FB getting a few touches a game, either quick hitters or as a check down in flat option.

One good place to get a quick blast to a FB may be from the 6 inch line....

Yeah I agree 25 touches or more wouldn't be a good idea for Wadley regardless of if he put on 10 more lbs or not. I think we'll see him used a little more exotically. Not as much as we'd all like but to use him as a traditional back throwing him the occasional screen on 3rd and long would be wasting his talents....

More touches from Wadley will increase our field position and our scoring, it's a no brainer. Could care less about all this weight stuff. He's doing fine. Extra weight and muscle did not help our QB this year. Went from athletic kinda guy to a non-athletic kind of guy in one season, even with a stronger groin.

Thanks for the Wadley family for making this decision. Not one single unhappy Hawkeye with this decision. Now if we can take care of this Davis situation, I'm ready for a bunch of kool aid! Pass the cup Jimmie Jones, I'll have another hit!

Latest posts