Wadley Makes it Official, He's Coming Back

Awesome. I'm almost surprised at how soon we are hearing this. He had some time to get more feedback from the NFL peeps. I bet he hadn't slept too well the last few nights. So maybe with this weight off his shoulders he can start packing on some real weight...

Vandy
Wadley
Stanley
Fant
DMX (a bromance unfulfilled)
Kulick
Moore-winning O-line

N. Texas 21
Iowa 13

I am backing off the ledge and look forward to seeing vandy, Stanley, fant, wadley, and the line next year.

Then I wake up and realize they could be the 2000 Rams and Greg Davis would maybe crack the top 90 in offense. :(

I am backing off the ledge and look forward to seeing vandy, Stanley, fant, wadley, and the line next year.

Then I wake up and realize they could be the 2000 Rams and Greg Davis would maybe crack the top 90 in offense. :(

And it is soooooo mind boggling frustrating..........

I don't even care so much that he will make the team better. He's just fun as hell to watch individually. I'm pumped.

Regardless of posters' views on KF as a coach, the comments Akrum made about his coach "having his back" is something we hear time and again about KF's and his players' relationships. It would be a big mistake, in my opinion, to not recognize that these kids really do trust KF's judgement, especially when it comes to NFL decisions. And, I think he has built a reputation for shooting straight with them and wanting them to ultimately make their own choices. I am sure he makes it clear that he would love to have them back. But, I am also convinced that he is giving them honest feedback on their future.

I know some make fun of doing things the right way as a part of Iowa's philosophy for the football program. But you will note that AW's reasons for coming back include getting his degree. in fact, it was number one on his list. Sounds like a buy in to me. And, unlike a bunch of posters who seemed to hope that AK would leave, so they could crow about how horrible he was treated by KF, I am thrilled that he is coming back...for very selfish reasons.

Very Surprised he is staying. I thought for sure he was gone.

Honest assessment was made. Needs a couple more lbs. as all have said. What he'll have next year is the opportunity to add value - I'm assuming he become a return man in some way.... this has increased King's value compared to a year ago

I'm glad he's coming back,how long will it be before we find out who coach gets for OC and WR coach,also need someone to teach the lineman how to pass protect.

Awesome. I'm almost surprised at how soon we are hearing this. He had some time to get more feedback from the NFL peeps. I bet he hadn't slept too well the last few nights. So maybe with this weight off his shoulders he can start packing on some real weight...
I hope not. We don't need him slowed down like what happens to the quarterbacks.

I hope not. We don't need him slowed down like what happens to the quarterbacks.

Let's do some simple math.

Daniels = correct weight = 5 yards per carry

Wadley = incorrect weight = 6.4 yards per carry and more total TDs (total as in rushing/receiving)

I know Rob mentioned in one of his articles that he is sick of this weight issue. Rob and Sirius and I can't be the only ones.

I think it depends on how much of the work load they expect him to contribute,we have to have someone else step up and give him breathers or he won't make it a full season.

DMX

(uh oh, I'm gonna get blasted now)
55e32093-0792-49aa-97bf-47a5773690f4_1.bb572c0615fd564db747039a0992983a.jpeg

Regardless of posters' views on KF as a coach, the comments Akrum made about his coach "having his back" is something we hear time and again about KF's and his players' relationships. It would be a big mistake, in my opinion, to not recognize that these kids really do trust KF's judgement, especially when it comes to NFL decisions. And, I think he has built a reputation for shooting straight with them and wanting them to ultimately make their own choices. I am sure he makes it clear that he would love to have them back. But, I am also convinced that he is giving them honest feedback on their future.

I know some make fun of doing things the right way as a part of Iowa's philosophy for the football program. But you will note that AW's reasons for coming back include getting his degree. in fact, it was number one on his list. Sounds like a buy in to me. And, unlike a bunch of posters who seemed to hope that AK would leave, so they could crow about how horrible he was treated by KF, I am thrilled that he is coming back...for very selfish reasons.

This.