Videos of 'Testy' Exchanges today at Kirk's Presser

3 points that stick out to me:

* borderline talent + the word (cocaine)

* he had 3 teams come to his private workout - apparently not impressive enough to get a camp invite

* Ferentz looked uncomfortable (similar to me in high school and I came home drunk and had to talk to the parents.)
Given the fact that DJK had teams at his private workout and he didn't get picked up leads me to believe the NFL scouts were not at all impressed. If I remember correctly didn't DJK run some pretty crappy times?

Given the fact that DJK had teams at his private workout and he didn't get picked up leads me to believe the NFL scouts were not at all impressed. If I remember correctly didn't DJK run some pretty crappy times?

I don't know what times he ran, but again, where are the CFL, UFL and AFL teams? Is Howe or DKJ claiming Ferentz called all of those GMs to bad mouth Cokelianos to them as well, or does he think he's too good to build his resume in those leagues?

FTR, I can understand people being upset with the questions regarding DJK. It's just a little too late for that now.

However, questions about the decisions to sit on the ball in regulation and kick in OT are EXACTLY the kinds of questions that should be asked. The press isn't supposed to be all unicorns and rainbows. They're supposed to tell it like it is. Asking the tougher questions is how they get the full picture.

tm is spot on here. +1000

The DJK stuff is a soap opera, juicy but no substance. Questions about the in-game decisions illuminate matters that are pertainent to real, on-the-field happenings of Iowa football.

Cocky:

I don't think Ferentz looked uncomfortable. I think he looked ticked off that his current team just lost to Iowa State and has a ton of question marks, yet he has to answer questions about some ex player who didn't even finish his time with the Hawks. Like he cares about DJK at this point. I don't either and really wish DJK would detach himself from the Hawkeyes.

I thought KF looked stressed. I suppose that's understandable, considering his accountabilities with the program, and the apparent fact that this 2011 edition of the Hawkeyes has a long way to go to be good.

Watch what he says....and this is paraphrase... I haven't said anything about him to anyone since December and then he brings up Thanksgiving.

What about before then coach?

Watch what he says....and this is paraphrase... I haven't said anything about him to anyone since December and then he brings up Thanksgiving.

What about before then coach?

OK, I will play along.

He said he has never bad mouthed a player. DJK says he heard otherwise.

So you have two choices believe KF or believe DJK.

Time of year isn't the issue here it's who you believe?

I agree with tm3308 on the point that it is very difficult to believe that absolutely NO ONE called to ask about DJK.

No interest? None?

KF would be the guy they would ask.

Watching his body language and his immediate irritation toward the questions, it leads me to wonder how truthful he is being there.

He surely won't admit if he spoke badly about him. And, we can all agree that simply telling the truth would equate to speaking badly of him.

I'm not defending DJK. I just think that KF avoided admitting that he told the truth about him.....which wouldn't be very kind words.

DJK did it to himself. The truth is the truth. More power to Kirk if he conveyed that information to NFL scouts.

That said, I don't think I believe KF when he says that NO ONE contacted him. He's trying to take the high road, which I understand/respect.

Credit to Rob Howe for asking the tough questions. Much appreciated.

Are you serious, a tough question about a player who isn't even on the team? Who really cares? I am so sick of hearing about DJK and why he isn't playing in the NFL, is that really what we are talking about? Rob Howe made himself look like a moron by pressing the issue IMHO.

Honestly, I can't blame KF. He's going in to the presser knowing he's going to get alot of slack about the game and I'm sure he went in to it on the defensive (which he should have). Then to top it off it's decided that it's the right time to bring up the DJK situation after a loss to an instate rival. Let's just bring up the rhabo situation again and continue to kick him while he's down. I can see why he'd be a bit edgy and think he rightfully should be.

Are you serious, a tough question about a player who isn't even on the team? Who really cares? I am so sick of hearing about DJK and why he isn't playing in the NFL, is that really what we are talking about? Rob Howe made himself look like a moron by pressing the issue IMHO.

Exactly, we're in week 3 and we think it's a good time to stir something up regarding a former player not getting a camp invite. I think Howe took a good opportunity to test the water with a touchy subject after a tough loss to get a reaction. IMO it was nothing more than a cheap shot.

Latest posts