VIDEO: Nebraska fans reaction to Nebraska joining Big Ten

asolsma

I went and talked to some Nebraska fans to see what they think about the Huskers joining the Big Ten. Some mentioned that they are excited to play Iowa towards the end.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VrAKdd9ViI"]YouTube - Nebraska Fans React To The Cornhuskers Joining the Big Ten[/ame]

Last edited:
One gentleman mentioned NU's previous record against the b10. He'll be in for a bit of a surprise.

It will take them a minute or two, but it will be fun seeing Husker fan embrace their true identity as polite members of the northern heartland, after the break the bonds of their association with all those schools in the southern trough. Must be nice knowing you won't have to wear an athletic cup while enjoying an adult beverage in the company of rival fans anymore.

I have wanted Nebby in the B10 for as long as I can remember...this will be fun. I can't wait for the trash talk to heat up after they realize they won't roll over us anymore.

I have wanted Nebby in the B10 for as long as I can remember...this will be fun. I can't wait for the trash talk to heat up after they realize they won't roll over us anymore.

I agree. I'm really happy to have them in the conference. There will be some great games.

Plus, I work with a woman who has family connections to the athletic dept at Nebby. She said I could go to the Iowa-Nebraska game anytime.

Sweeet!!!!

It will take them a minute or two, but it will be fun seeing Husker fan embrace their true identity as polite members of the northern heartland, after the break the bonds of their association with all those schools in the southern trough. Must be nice knowing you won't have to wear an athletic cup while enjoying an adult beverage in the company of rival fans anymore.

LOL... I remember that story....crazy stuff happens down there.

Great vid. thanks for the hard work ! most of us are excited..the others that arent...still in shock from it all

Regarding the guy saying (with his pompous wink) that Nebraska's record against the Big 10 is (whatever it is) and so they are looking forward to it...............Iowa's all time basketball record against Big 12 schools is 90-48. Looks like they've played every team but A&M and have a winning record against all teams (.500 vs KSU). No doubt Iowa would dominate the Big 12 in basketball if they joined your conference (insert pompous wink).

Baylor: 1-0
Colorado: 4-3
ISU: 42-20
Kansas: 7-3
K-State: 4-4
Mizzou: 10-7
Nebraska: 12-7
Oklahoma: 3-2
Ok State: 1-0
Texas: 2-1
TT: 4-1

Series Records - IOWA OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE

Good video. As far as Nebraska's record vs. the Big 10, I think Nebby will do quite well. However, like Penn State found out...it ain't goona be no cake walk. Nebby is used to rolling over the old Big 8 schools and then having a tough game against a pass happy Texas team. While Nebby can compete with anyone in the Big 10, they are going to find out that smash mouth football EVERY week is a grind and takes it's toll on a team over the course of a season.

And lets be honest a lot of those Nebraska wins came against bad minnesota teams, and quite a few of them came against Iowa when we were having some bad years.

And lets be honest a lot of those Nebraska wins came against bad minnesota teams, and quite a few of them came against Iowa when we were having some bad years.

And an important few came against some pretty nasty Michigan and Penn State squads.

Nebraska players/coaches/fans are no strangers to smash mouth football. We were a dominant force for over 40 years by running it most of the time. We would routinely compile 400 rushing yards against some pretty stout Ds. We fell from national relevance for a brief time because we made an asinine coaching and AD hire. Now we're back on the right track and settling back into our old ways.

The Big 10 is a perfect fit, for sure.

Latest posts