Very Bad Road shooting does not travel home does it? Official MSU/Izzo @ Iowa Game thread

Course, hell I want to see a win at assemble hall.

Just went to that bball nothing site and I much rather play Wisconsin and Maryland as opposed to Rutgers and Purdue. Just handle your business at home that is all I am asking.

This time travel thing

Works for me

Hawks actually WIN, Lads

Heart and Soul resides in the Hawkeye Blood

Classic meltdown by the valiant spartans

So Sad, excuse me while I wipe a tear or two away

As Robbie Says: One of the best comebacks in Hawkeye History

HOT DAMN

Uma Thurman Goddamn GIF - Uma Thurman Goddamn Pulp - Discover & Share GIFs

This time travel thing

Works for me

Hawks actually WIN, Lads

Heart and Soul resides in the Hawkeye Blood

Classic meltdown by the valiant spartans

So Sad, excuse me while I wipe a tear or two away

As Robbie Says: One of the best comebacks in Hawkeye History

HOT DAMN
Well said except maybe change valiant to villan. :)

MSU board comment:

For everyone saying we choked, we didn't. Sometimes you gotta credit Iowa. Draining 5 3's in 30 seconds is silly. We had one turnover and made nearly every single free throw the last 90 seconds of regulation.

Sometimes the other team just makes plays. Sucks; but it is what it is.
It was just like the game against Nebraska a year or two ago where they made everything they threw up the last couple minutes and won late. I'm not sure how much we were up in that game but it was very similar to this.

So I stayed until there was under a minute left and we were down by eleven points. I was upset, disappointed and angry because I knew how important this game was. I had to leave to run a couple of errands with my special needs son. So we get back to the house an hour and half later. My special needs son is looking at his cell phone and ask me if I want to know the final score. Not really, I know they lost. My son says that Iowa won the game. “No, no son you must be looking at an old score. So to verify I ask him what the final score was. He tells me Iowa had around 115 points. Awe huh, just what I thought you’re looking at an old score there is no way Iowa scores that many points with under a minute left. He brings his phone to me and I notice the game went into overtime. WTF????

Luckily I recorded the game and got the game to the place it was at when we left. Down eleven with under a minute to go. When Patrick hit that big 3 from the top of the key I knew something supernatural was happening. Than Sandfort’s three to tie it.

Hawks down 13 with 2:03 left in the game

Hawks down 13 with 1:34 left in the game

Sandfort for Three

10 point game with 1:29 left

Fran with the Solid Staredown

Hawks down 12 with 1:27 left

Murray with 2 plus one, Hawks down 9 with 1:06 left

MSU free throws: Hawks down 11 with 1:06 left

Two Peyton free throws: Hawks down 9 with 0:48 left

Made MSU free throw: Hawks down 10 with 0:48 left

CONNOR with the THREE: Hawks down 7 with 38:7 left

Traveling on MSU: Hawk Ball: KRIS with the three: Hawks down 4 with 30.7 left

Questionable foul on Perkins: MSU makes 2 free throws: 6 point lead with .29 seconds left

PATRICK with the three: a 3-point game with 20.7 left

MSU makes 2 free throws: 5 point game with 19.6 left

CONNOR with a three: 2 point game with 10.8 seconds left: 100-98 MSU

MSU makes one free throw: 101-98 with 10.2 seconds left

PEYTON SANDFORT with the game-tying THREE

OT, BABY

Wouldn't believe this if you saw it in a movie, Impossible, I say

Of course, Hawks win in the OT

They weren’t going to win this game regardless of what they did. You can’t beat a team shooting like that.

I was just reading everyone comments from when I last posted on the live thread and left to run errands. I would say this pretty well summed up the mood at the time. Honestly I thought the exact same thing at the time. Who shoots 85% from three point land. You just can’t win a game like that………………. Well………………

Holy shit. Usually your memory naturally exaggerates things like this, but I just looked it up. We were seriously up 17 with 8 minutes left? Judas Priest. I dont remember it being that bad at all. Wow.
Honestly don't know what you are talking about. Granted we are behind firewalls, but I am a pretty straight shooter (no pun intended) and pretty darn accurate. If you could be more specific.... OK, I do like playing with Fry some.

Such as my observations about CJ against Florida...pretty accurate.

What I am seeing about PM and even Murray late is that when they receive the ball they bring it down (and he did it today even late) instead of going up. It takes away fluidity. Doesn't keep one from making it but it takes more time and upsets the fluidity with the whole body. Perkins on his 3 ball when fouled got it low and went up. Getting it higher, bringing it down and going then up reduces the accuracy. Not talking about the dip that comes from a knee dip but actually bringing it down.

Sandforts 3 on the move was beautiful, one fluid motion off the dribble. They gave him space.

Everyone does it some. PM/CM do it a lot and it isn't fluid. PM more fluid than CM.

Murray after the right side miss late and then got a 2nd never brings the ball down with his arms and makes it. Sandforts game tying shot was sooo fluid.

I am pretty optimistic about PM. The amount of space he covers in a step is phenomenal. Haven't seen many players like that since watching BateDiopp in HS. Long quick strides and quick about it.

Perkins I think has a pretty high upper limit. I think next year will be just fine with Perk, PM, and Sandfort giving good scoring potential.

Honestly don't know what you are talking about. Granted we are behind firewalls, but I am a pretty straight shooter (no pun intended) and pretty darn accurate. If you could be more specific.... OK, I do like playing with Fry some.

Such as my observations about CJ against Florida...pretty accurate.

What I am seeing about PM and even Murray late is that when they receive the ball they bring it down (and he did it today even late) instead of going up. It takes away fluidity. Doesn't keep one from making it but it takes more time and upsets the fluidity with the whole body. Perkins on his 3 ball when fouled got it low and went up. Getting it higher, bringing it down and going then up reduces the accuracy. Not talking about the dip that comes from a knee dip but actually bringing it down.

Sandforts 3 on the move was beautiful, one fluid motion off the dribble. They gave him space.

Everyone does it some. PM/CM do it a lot and it isn't fluid. PM more fluid than CM.

Murray after the right side miss late and then got a 2nd never brings the ball down with his arms and makes it. Sandforts game tying shot was sooo fluid.

I am pretty optimistic about PM. The amount of space he covers in a step is phenomenal. Haven't seen many players like that since watching BateDiopp in HS. Long quick strides and quick about it.

Perkins I think has a pretty high upper limit. I think next year will be just fine with Perk, PM, and Sandfort giving good scoring potential.
Sorry. I went back and reread my post. It wasn't directed at you at all. Just quored it because you mentioned the NW St. Game. I didn't remember the game at all except for the last shot from the corner. I looked it up and I didn't remember at all that we were up 17. Just shocked that I dont remember it at all, which is what the holy shot and judas priest was for. After seeing the play by play of that game, I'd say you're spot on with what you said.

Latest posts