Vent thread...Post your frustration here.

The idea is to give your QB some pass protection. Petras had very little time. Petras is not very fast but neither was Stanley and he won 3 bowl games because of the All American left and right tackles he had. We are woefully short at the Off Tackle position, both sides.

On the other side we did not pressure their QBs at all so that 5 yard cushion we give on pass coverage was exposed. No interceptions when you cant pressure.

The recipe to beat Iowa is the pass rush on both sides. If we can pressure QBs and we get time to run and pass the ball we can beat most all teams. But our opponents definitely saw today the blueprint to beat us.

Wisky is going to try to run the ball down our throats then sneak in some play action.

Shoulda seen this one coming

Purdue has our number

Bell is unstoppable playing the Hawks

The Penn State game was emotionally and physically draining

Intense game from the kickoff to the final 2 plays

Purdue had 2 weeks to prepare for the game

A wise man would have taken the Boilermakers and 11 points

As UNI said the Purdue trio of QBs had entirely too much time

Spencer had less than 5 seconds on every play it seemed

We were completely dominated on both sides of the ball

We Will be going to Indy

Lose, and probably beat whomever we play in a bowl game

Until today it has been a magical season

Enjoy the memories

Forget this pile of garbage

If what you say is accurate, name one other team in the country that lays 3 to 5 yards off of receivers as part of their scheme. We did not put any pressure on the QB and it looked like we were scared to get up into their receivers. If that's the scheme going forward we are in a world of hurt.
Look, when we had to play man after we had to bring up a rover to contain the QB they got burned for two touchdowns. That sucks but it's why they give a cushion.

Not frustrated by anything new. Iowa was exposed. Brian still sucks at his job. Charlie is still a stud. Now we got a week to heal and game plan for Whiskey, West conference game. We can stop their run and I don't think they can make the plays Purdue made today. I'm predicting an Iowa win. Too bad we couldn't hang onto the 2 rating but it was a gift anyway.

Purdue dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage, d backs learned you can't give 5 yards of room for every Purdue receiver, Petras has cement shoes on, and we were flat out coached. Furthermore, a drunk dude in a wheelchair has a better chance of escaping pressure than Petras.
The wifey is wondering why I am laughing so hard.

Don’t blame the DBs or defense. Not sure if Parker was having a Kirk day by being to stubborn to make big adjustments. Especially when Bell has made Iowa his bitch and they were able to do just about anything. Maybe have the DBs press instead of being 3-5 yards off. QB seemed to have no pressure on him at all. Didn’t see much for blitzing or guys flying around to the ball. Maybe they were emotionally and physically spent from last weeks game. Let’s hope this bye week will refresh the D. As far as the O goes, that’s just a nightmare right now

Think of what the final score would have been if the defensive player who jumped the slant to Tracy hangs on for a pick six, and if Copeland can keep control of the ball until it brushes the pylon?

Two thoughts here. #1 what has happened to Tracy? Zero catches yesterday. Think he misses ISM and Brandon Smith?

#2 reaching the ball for the pylon almost never works, and usually leads to a costly turnover. It's the equivalent of a batter diving into first base to try and beat the throw, something that only slows the runner down and frequently leads to injury

We must turn the other team over and win special teams to be effective and we didn't yesterday.

Didn't take Hankins long to go from penthouse to outhouse.
You forgot knocking the other teams QB out. Those three are not things to rely on in order to win. We didn't get them and no short fields means no points. No real drives means a worn out "D" that is on the field too much.

I appreciate that Kirk has given us 20 years of mostly winning FB, and that we are a bad "philosophy" hire away from being Illinois ,but for a man that preaches "one game seasons" , one game at a time, etc. how about actually game planning for each team. Bang head against wall... That's my biggest issue.

next coach could come in and have all the schemes we've wished for and not have the recruits to make it work, and we are below 500 annually.

Think of what the final score would have been if the defensive player who jumped the slant to Tracy hangs on for a pick six, and if Copeland can keep control of the ball until it brushes the pylon?

Two thoughts here. #1 what has happened to Tracy? Zero catches yesterday. Think he misses ISM and Brandon Smith?

#2 reaching the ball for the pylon almost never works, and usually leads to a costly turnover. It's the equivalent of a batter diving into first base to try and beat the throw, something that only slows the runner down and frequently leads to injury

Was wondering about Tracy as well. After Spring ball and during camp everyone was saying look out for Tracy...he could have a really good year. He isn't having a good year . Bruce and Johnson have had bigger impact.

I talked myself into some shit that I probably shouldn't have with the 5-0 start. I had convinced myself the inability of this offense to methodically go down the field on 10-12 play drives wouldn't be a problem. That the defense and special teams will always be there to save the day...well I got a reality check yesterday.

Purdue entered the game with the RB cupboard nearly bare. Repeatedly, facing 3 and long, and an obvious passing down the center and a guard would double team a DT and force to sideline direction. The opposite guard would fade to the inside finessing the DT to take path of least resistance to outside leaving a gaping hole for QB to run through. This kept drives alive. Later in game a passing down was fortified by sending in one of the rotating QB's known to be a passer and not a runner. Further contributing to no defender spying on the QB. Apparently no one in the box with above field view caught this.

Spencer had less than 5 seconds on every play it seemed
Five seconds, you better get your stop watch out.

Karlauftis (the 2nd best athlete on the field after Bell), the PU DEnd and his buddies were in Petras's face or right around him consistently in 2.5 seconds , I would wager.

Our Offensive tackles our a known liability now and the coaches got caught with two inexperienced young guys playing there but no fault of their own.

The hawks may have to go to two TEnds and a fullback or Blitz pick up guy a lot more to give max protection. Use a formation like this on first down to fake run and pass the ball.

Goodson needs to become really good at blitz pickups.

A 2.5 second protection package should be enough to run 5-7 yard slants, TEnds 10 yards up the hashes, quick outs, and stop/sitdown passes. That is if Brian has enough pass patterns in his playbook. Brohm's passing playbook is amazing, routes all over the place and in combination. Brohm the former college and NFL qb, great offensive coordinator just knows how to pick Iowa apart. Phil Parker will need to change some with this opponent