Vaccine rollout

Fryowa

Administrator
I think your side effects snuck in with my side effects over the weekend. Glad to hear things are going well. Just tell me there's at least a little soreness in the arm you got shot it, so I don't hate you. Crazy how like the virus itself everyone seems to be effected different.
I don’t think you’re crazy, I had a buddy who is in way better shape than me go down for the count for about four days. It got to the point where he went in to get tested but came back negative for Covid and influenza. You’re right how nuts it is that it hits everyone differently. It’s almost like a roll of the dice.

Maybe I’ll get sick after my 2nd dose, who knows?

HuckFinn

I had a lot of aches and pains after both my first and second shots. Given my age, I have no idea if they were results from the shots, since they are part of my daily life.

Fryowa

Administrator
I had a lot of aches and pains after both my first and second shots. Given my age, I have no idea if they were results from the shots, since they are part of my daily life.
I’m 28 hours out and zero issues. Everyone I encounter during the day says watch out for shot number two so we’ll see.

SmokeTownHawk

I had my 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine last month on the 10th. No side affects other than a little soreness around the injection site with the last shot. I'm 64 and went through my employer. Wife just got her 1st shot yesterday. My mom's 91 and had her 2nd shot of Moderna recently. Going to be able to see her for the first time in over a year.

HawkeyeDug

From what I have gathered it doesn't matter which vaccine you get in regards to side effects. For me, personally, I had the Pfizer shot and was achy, and chilled both times starting about 12 hours after the shot but was resolved after a good sleep.

It seems your likelihood of having side effects are increased if you already have Covid antibodies in your system, though it is still quite common after first dose regardless. I am a healthcare worker and provided direct care for multiple covid patients on a daily basis. Unsurprisingly I did finally come down with Covid in the beginning of December and antibodies were confirmed via a blood test a month later. I received my vaccine about 12 weeks after testing positive.

HuckFinn

I’m 28 hours out and zero issues. Everyone I encounter during the day says watch out for shot number two so we’ll see.
You will be fine. Others I have talked to had short term mild symptoms. Yeah. A couple of friends said a couple of days of just laying around with aspirin as a companion.