Vaccine rollout

I think your side effects snuck in with my side effects over the weekend. Glad to hear things are going well. Just tell me there's at least a little soreness in the arm you got shot it, so I don't hate you. Crazy how like the virus itself everyone seems to be effected different.
I don’t think you’re crazy, I had a buddy who is in way better shape than me go down for the count for about four days. It got to the point where he went in to get tested but came back negative for Covid and influenza. You’re right how nuts it is that it hits everyone differently. It’s almost like a roll of the dice.

Maybe I’ll get sick after my 2nd dose, who knows?

I had a lot of aches and pains after both my first and second shots. Given my age, I have no idea if they were results from the shots, since they are part of my daily life.

I had a lot of aches and pains after both my first and second shots. Given my age, I have no idea if they were results from the shots, since they are part of my daily life.
I’m 28 hours out and zero issues. Everyone I encounter during the day says watch out for shot number two so we’ll see.

I had my 2nd shot of the Pfizer vaccine last month on the 10th. No side affects other than a little soreness around the injection site with the last shot. I'm 64 and went through my employer. Wife just got her 1st shot yesterday. My mom's 91 and had her 2nd shot of Moderna recently. Going to be able to see her for the first time in over a year.

From what I have gathered it doesn't matter which vaccine you get in regards to side effects. For me, personally, I had the Pfizer shot and was achy, and chilled both times starting about 12 hours after the shot but was resolved after a good sleep.

It seems your likelihood of having side effects are increased if you already have Covid antibodies in your system, though it is still quite common after first dose regardless. I am a healthcare worker and provided direct care for multiple covid patients on a daily basis. Unsurprisingly I did finally come down with Covid in the beginning of December and antibodies were confirmed via a blood test a month later. I received my vaccine about 12 weeks after testing positive.

I’m 28 hours out and zero issues. Everyone I encounter during the day says watch out for shot number two so we’ll see.
You will be fine. Others I have talked to had short term mild symptoms. Yeah. A couple of friends said a couple of days of just laying around with aspirin as a companion.

From what I have gathered it doesn't matter which vaccine you get in regards to side effects. For me, personally, I had the Pfizer shot and was achy, and chilled both times starting about 12 hours after the shot but was resolved after a good sleep.

It seems your likelihood of having side effects are increased if you already have Covid antibodies in your system, though it is still quite common after first dose regardless. I am a healthcare worker and provided direct care for multiple covid patients on a daily basis. Unsurprisingly I did finally come down with Covid in the beginning of December and antibodies were confirmed via a blood test a month later. I received my vaccine about 12 weeks after testing positive.
Why did you get vaccinated?

Why did you get vaccinated?
I work in health care. Specifically radiology. I take images of people's lungs every day. I've taken images of people who are now dead because of Covid. I've been exposed to Covid countless times at work. Exposed by people who didn't take it seriously who I beg would do things differently. I probably got if from one of those people. I've even been told that it wasn't real by people who were being treated for Covid.

Oh, number one, I care about other people. It isn't about getting Covid myself. It is about not spreading it to other people, even people that I don't know.

FWIW. I was seeing very little Covid for awhile. Now numbers are climbing again. This time though I'm not seeing near as many elderly people. I AM seeing young kids now, like three and under. I had not seen hardly any children previously.

Just get vaccinated. If you don’t, you are a menace. Joe has opened the gates to success, while Donny bailed on our country. 600,000+ deaths is a resultant travesty. Just think about how that number could have been reduced if Dump had not spent his time calling the virus a hoax, telling us to try deadly cures, and silencing the science that eventually saved us. The Republican Party is dead. These idiots still preach that the 7 million votes that elected Biden were stolen.

I work in health care. Specifically radiology. I take images of people's lungs every day. I've taken images of people who are now dead because of Covid. I've been exposed to Covid countless times at work. Exposed by people who didn't take it seriously who I beg would do things differently. I probably got if from one of those people. I've even been told that it wasn't real by people who were being treated for Covid.

Oh, number one, I care about other people. It isn't about getting Covid myself. It is about not spreading it to other people, even people that I don't know.

FWIW. I was seeing very little Covid for awhile. Now numbers are climbing again. This time though I'm not seeing near as many elderly people. I AM seeing young kids now, like three and under. I had not seen hardly any children previously.
Thank you for the inconvenient truth.

Just get vaccinated. If you don’t, you are a menace. Joe has opened the gates to success, while Donny bailed on our country. 600,000+ deaths is a resultant travesty. Just think about how that number could have been reduced if Dump had not spent his time calling the virus a hoax, telling us to try deadly cures, and silencing the science that eventually saved us. The Republican Party is dead. These idiots still preach that the 7 million votes that elected Biden were stolen.
Whatever, doomsayer. You make it sound like this virus would have wiped out 95% of mankind had we not obeyed the fear mongers.

Now that we appear to be past the worst of this what will it be next? Global warming? Fossil fuels? The ozone layer? We never eradicated smallpox or the bubonic plague either. But we learned to live with the threat of it. We will learn to live with the threat of this as well. Science didn't "save us". We just learned yet another painful lesson that mother nature is too big a force for us to mess with and she will remind us every now and then that she runs this show.

Here's news for you. 100% of us are going to die some day and there's not a thing liberals can do about it. And by the way, I wore my mask where required, have received two Pfizers, and believe Biden won fair and square. Trump f'd it up with his bruesqueness. It wasn't going to fly for a second term.

Last edited:
Whatever, doomsayer. You make it sound like this virus would have wiped out 95% of mankind had we not obeyed the fear mongers.

Now that we appear to be past the worst of this what will it be next? Global warming? Fossil fuels? The ozone layer? We never eradicated smallpox or the bubonic plague either. But we learned to live with the threat of it. We will learn to live with the threat of this as well. Science didn't "save us". We just learned yet another painful lesson that mother nature is too big a force for us to mess with and she will remind us every now and then that she runs this show.

Here's news for you. 100% of us are going to die some day and there's not a thing liberals can do about it. And by the way, I wore my mask where required, have received two Pfizers, and believe Biden won fair and square. Trump f'd it up with his bruesqueness. It wasn't going to fly for a second term.
I cant believe people are still dumb enough to think politicians can help with a virus. The vaccines are here now. Had Trump won a second term we would be in the exact same spot we are in now. Had Biden been here 4 years ago, we would still be in the same spot.

Neither side cares how many people die more than the other. If democrats truly cared, if Facci truly cared, they would be preaching all day every day how important it is to build your immune system and get healthy. Yes some would still be preaching lockdowns and masks, but vitamin D would be preached universally by both sides. No one says a word because there is no money to be made by saving people that way.

And saying Trump caused this by downplaying it? Seriously? How many people did things differently because Trump downplayed it? 100? 1000? Not very many. And anyone who condemns Trump for downplaying it needs to also condemn their God Facci because he downplayed the shit out of it in the beginning. It was either an honest mistake by him or a malicious act to propell him to where he is today.

Well,OK, I guess...