Urban Meyer will be the next head coach at THE Ohio State University

Urban's going to get beat out for the job by KoK (after he's dismissed from Iowa) Norm's going to coach the defense.

This is like when Saban went to Alabama--a game changer. If everyone else doesn't want to get completely left in the dust, aggressive action needs to be taken. However, we know nothing will be done in IC, except for the continued growth of mold on our schemes.

Meyer will have OSU winning right away, sanctions be damned. Especially with Miller at QB. He will be perfect for Meyer's O.

I'm sure with everything tO$U and PSU have been going thru and Urban's history at UF, I'm sure Delaney is just thrilled with this hire......not.

Doesn't Urb have something of a history of cheating or at least recruiting thugs? Didn't UF content for teh Fulmer Cup on Urb's watch?
I guess that does make him the perfect fit for fo$u.

Cause they hate losing.

Correct. Its unfortunate our administration and a portion of our fan base does not feel the same way. OSU does not tolerate losing. At Iowa, we like to win, but losing also seems to be accepted an expected, despite the resources poured into the program. Its very interesting.

Doesn't Urb have something of a history of cheating or at least recruiting thugs? Didn't UF content for teh Fulmer Cup on Urb's watch?
I guess that does make him the perfect fit for fo$u.

I'm not sure if that was the case for his UF program but if it was that was more than offset by having Christ reincarnated as his QB :)

Correct. Its unfortunate our administration and a portion of our fan base does not feel the same way. OSU does not tolerate losing. At Iowa, we like to win, but losing also seems to be accepted an expected, despite the resources poured into the program. Its very interesting.

Who said we accept losing and when was the last time we had a losing season? Five years ago. We have been 28-11 the last three years and this year isn't over yet. Sounds like winning to me. If every coach got fired every time their team lost to someone they shouldn't, there would be a lot of new jobs out there.

Besides there is a big difference between winning with honor and winning at all costs. OSU has shown over the years they do the latter.

Last edited:
Besides there is a big difference between winning with honor and winning at all costs. OSU has shown over the years that do the latter.

If winning 5 B10 titles in a row requires free tattoos, I will donate to a tattoo parlor in the basement of the Iowa FB building. If you get caught 10 years down the road and slapped on the wrist, oh well. That is the attitude most of the top programs have. Winning is worth the risk. I agree. If you want to play in the mudpit that is CFB, you better be prepared to get a little dirty. Its not your local church league.

I know of Nevadabuck from Scout days and he is a solid insider. However... more than a few high-profile contracts like this have fallen apart betwixt the agent's desk and the candidate's. So his info could be 100% solid at this juncture yet the deal still falls through (and then they all deny they ever talked - see Les Miles/Jim Harbaugh/UM)

What I'd be confident in is that Urban's agent and tOSU are negotiating actively. And that is certainly news. 'Specially for a guy who resigned twice from IMHO a better job.

It figures that Meyer would have to take an easy coaching job. I mean with his health problems and all no way would he take a job where he actually had to recruit good players.

If winning 5 B10 titles in a row requires free tattoos, I will donate to a tattoo parlor in the basement of the Iowa FB building. If you get caught 10 years down the road and slapped on the wrist, oh well. That is the attitude most of the top programs have. Winning is worth the risk. I agree. If you want to play in the mudpit that is CFB, you better be prepared to get a little dirty. Its not your local church league.

Wow.....glad you're not the AD. Five Big 10 titles followed by severe sanctions (possibly stripping those titles), a fired coach and a disgraced athletic program. Yep sign me up.:rolleyes:

not sure with his health issues why he would go from one pressure cooker of a fabase to another, other than it being a ego issue, it doesn't matter though i bet he will be gone within 6 years because of his health

I know of Nevadabuck from Scout days and he is a solid insider. However... more than a few high-profile contracts like this have fallen apart betwixt the agent's desk and the candidate's. So his info could be 100% solid at this juncture yet the deal still falls through (and then they all deny they ever talked - see Les Miles/Jim Harbaugh/UM)

What I'd be confident in is that Urban's agent and tOSU are negotiating actively. And that is certainly news. 'Specially for a guy who resigned twice from IMHO a better job.

Absolutely. Nothing is signed yet so it could definitely fall apart. Yesterday was the first day that NB was confident enough to post Urban will be the coach. Should know in the next 2 weeks.

Wow.....glad you're not the AD. Five Big 10 titles followed by severe sanctions (possibly stripping those titles), a fired coach and a disgraced athletic program. Yep sign me up.:rolleyes:

In 2 years, it will be biz as usual at OSU. And PSU has a disgraced athletic program. OSU just seems to be par for the course in big time D1 athletics. I see their hoops team is top 5.

This may have been talked about in another thread, but on Atlanta sports radio this morning they were saying that Meyer was all set to go to PSU before the ****storm happened.

I hope the Meyer to OSU rumors are true. I think one of the reasons that the SEC is so dominant right now is that they have brought in the best coaches.

Hope he doesn't drop dead on the sideline, at least not when he's playing IOWA.

He was forced to retire before for a reason.

Latest posts