Updated depth chart

Which LB position does Poggi play?

I realize he was one of the Rhabdo bunch, but it's hard to believe he has only gained 1 lb (?) since high school.

Walk-on, converted DB and 2nd team LB Travis Perry went from 207 to 230 over the same time period.

Nearly every team across the nation feels they have a young team, despite a select few. Not sure why every year the team is 'young' at Iowa.

I have no idea what you are talking about. If anything, the staff has been criticized for not going younger rather than relying on experience.

I realize he was one of the Rhabdo bunch, but it's hard to believe he has only gained 1 lb (?) since high school.

Walk-on, converted DB and 2nd team LB Travis Perry went from 207 to 230 over the same time period.
So, you all agree with me....good.

poggi has been injured since he set foot on campus. its hard to put on weight when all you do is get cut on and rehab.

Nearly every team across the nation feels they have a young team, despite a select few. Not sure why every year the team is 'young' at Iowa.

Really because I dont here that at all. Two years ago all anyone could talk about was how much returning experience Iowa had.

Iowa is extremely young now because a whole bunch of guys who should be starting this year have been leaving for the last two years.

And the maddening thing is almost all of the reasons are ridiculous, most aren't even grade or law related. Guys like Derby, Wegher, Coker, McCall, Ferguson, Grant, Raymond all just leaving, or being asked to leave for completely stupid and avoidable reasons.

At least Rick K is gone, he was a big part of the problem.

Last edited:
Just to Further drive this point home:

Walking off the field with Kirk Ferentz after practice, he talked about the youth of this team. There are 32 first-year players on the roster. And there are only six senior starters on the projected depth chart: four on offense and two on defense. That’s the lowest number entering any season in Ferentz’s 14 campaigns in Iowa City.

Football Tour: What We Learned At Iowa « Big Ten Network

Middle LB.

Latest posts