Updated depth chart

Not surprised to see Torrey Campbell move into the backup spot. He'll likely see some playing time this year. Very fast kid. I'm curious to see Bullock fighting to keep the starting position. He's had a chip on his shoulder ever since his recruiting stalled when he got injured in high school. If we were to get Lynch this weekend, I'm curious where he'd be slotted. Hopefully, it's all out battle for the rb position this year with lots of steady competition.

If we got Lynch, I don't think he'd show up on the depth chart. But the opportunity would be there.

True Freshmen with no practice yet on the preseason depth chart?! That just should never happen at this level.

It's okay to let them earn playing time, but putting them there before practice even starts?

True Freshmen with no practice yet on the preseason depth chart?! That just should never happen at this level.

It's okay to let them earn playing time, but putting them there before practice even starts?

What this depth chart says and what actually happens on Sept 1st in Chicago are going to be 2 different things.

Just because someone is on the depth chart doesn't equal playing time.

I love it when people make a big deal out of these. Depth charts mean about as much as me saying here are the winning lottery numbers so go buy a bunch of tickets: 6-15-28-39-46 and the powerball will be 18.

Who else were they supposed to put as a backup rb on the depth chart if it wasn't freshman?

I'll say Andre Dawson ends up on the depth chart. He's the most experienced back we have now. Of course, he's just a walk on so he doesn't count does he? I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who ends up with De'Andre's scholarship.

What this depth chart says and what actually happens on Sept 1st in Chicago are going to be 2 different things.

Just because someone is on the depth chart doesn't equal playing time.

I love it when people make a big deal out of these. Depth charts mean about as much as me saying here are the winning lottery numbers so go buy a bunch of tickets: 6-15-28-39-46 and the powerball will be 18.

This. Depth chart means nothing right now. It only provides fans who are desperate for football to get started something to talk about.

Who other than true freshman? Thats all we got.

Wow, there are a lot of true and redshirt freshman on the depth chart. The RB position is terribly thin. Every year it gets more and more ridiculous. I am getting tired of it. How can a team that is known for being run first, not keep any running backs on the roster?
I know I shouldn't even bring it up, but it really drives me nuts.

I'm too often a pessimist but even with this schedule, this team could have a losing record. Starting talent doesn't look too good and the team is very thin at all defensive positions. Injuries there, when they occur, will really hurt.

Who other than true freshman? Thats all we got.

Yep, that's partially my point. No way a team at this level should be in this position. That doesn't mean a freshman can't win a spot, just no way they should have to be listed before they even suit up for the first day of practice.

Latest posts