Updated Bracketology 1/23

Make that four. The round of 64 to me will always be the first round, no matter what the NCAA and HawkIPA try to call those 4 other games.

On a more relevant note, looks like Bracketology has us as a 5 seed. I'd take it, but Iowa needs to start playing well again if it wants to avoid dropping into that 7-9 seed territory.

Don't want to be playing a 1 or 2 seed in the SECOND round. Yeah, I have to say that to irritate those who want to follow the second/third round terminology. :p

Put in that group. Round of 64 is first round.

Before the big ten season started 9/10 people on here expected a split with Ohio State. It just so happens that they each won away. Ohio State will get it together before the season is over so a win @ OSU will end up being a quality win.

2 years ago: Bad loss-Campbell. Revenge win- @11 Wisconsin in B1G game 2.
Last year: Bad loss- @Nebraska. Revenge win- Illinois.

I bring this up because one of those years we got what we needed and ended up with what we wanted; a winning season and some post-season basketball. Last year we couldn't settle for that, won and lost virtually by the textbook and then got blindsided by the Nebraska loss. There was no way out.

This year our loss seems to be Ohio St. just because they had a couple bad ones themselves. I want to simply remind people of two things: 1- Do you fully not understand how little the committee backtraces a team's wins and losses? 2- Do you realize what an ultimate a makeup win @East Lansing would be? I'm talking about 3-4 to all other matchups besides @MSU. Seed would be unsatisfactory but some people can't believe how long it's been since we've been to the NCAA Tournament and others can't comprehend the fact how long it's been since we've even done a mediocre job once there. Try this one on:

26 years
7 Round of 32 losses
2 First round losses
1 Sweet Sixteen
1999 was that year

Any fewer than two wins absolutely UNACCEPTABLE to me. Two alone dissatisfying. If we're pissy about splitting with OSU and Wisconsin than we all expect the same and maybe don't realize it.

Iowa's made the sweet 16 once in 26 years yet not getting there is unacceptable? Probably need a new hobby then.

So as I look at this version of bracketology, I see that Wisconsin replaced us as the #4 seed and we moved down to #5. Yeah, that makes sense. Move the team up who's lost 5 of their last 7.

So as I look at this version of bracketology, I see that Wisconsin replaced us as the #4 seed and we moved down to #5. Yeah, that makes sense. Move the team up who's lost 5 of their last 7.

Yeah but they won at Illinois, so they gotta move up...wait, nevermind.

Once we dismantel Michigan we'll be back to a 3 or 4. I expect we'll be a two as we'll run the table in the BIG.

Once we dismantel Michigan we'll be back to a 3 or 4. I expect we'll be a two as we'll run the table in the BIG.

Let's bet on Iowa's record the rest of the way. I'll give you 6-2 and over and I'll take the under, loser gets perma-banned? Have the balls to make the deal?

I think they said we don't have that Tournament toughness needed to compete for very long like Michigan St. does. Nobody there would be stupid enough to go from 5 ceiling and 12 floor on Michigan. "Except the players. " Only in Detroit would they make someone else fear...you know what? Screw it, a Dictator costume. He pulled out a potato with a small hole cut in it. That would only expose his THINGY, then immediately the whole costume fiasco. After times with fake dragons and fake dragon scares hunters of any sort are now NEW LIFE RULES! People like psychics timing you to call in fast with your CCN to get an important message, for starters.

We may very well be on the bubble. Just read off your CCN and they'll gladly open it all up.

I mean.....you've gotta be kidding me with this....

Before the big ten season started 9/10 people on here expected a split with Ohio State. It just so happens that they each won away. Ohio State will get it together before the season is over so a win @ OSU will end up being a quality win.
True. The same would have been said for MSU, Mich, and Wisky (with a few taking a sweep of Wis).

Latest posts