Updated Bracketology 1/23

That's okay with me.....I'd rather be technically wrong than follow some stupid naming convention that makes no sense and is simply there to make those bad teams feel like they really are in the Big Dance.

Make that 3 of us that will be wrong. The 1st round starts on Thursday usually around 11:20 p.m. CST.

That's okay with me.....I'd rather be technically wrong than follow some stupid naming convention that makes no sense and is simply there to make those bad teams feel like they really are in the Big Dance.

This. I've yet to meet anyone who calls the play-in games anything but what they are. The first round starts on Thursday.

If Iowa and Iowa State play in a 4-5 matchup in the round of 32.... Civil War

It wont happen. They wont set up the bracket to have a rematch in the 3rd round of the tourney.

IIRC, there are rules against it. That may just be in regards to teams from the same conference though the more that I think about it.

You must be confused. There arent play-in games anymore. The last 4 at large teams and the 4 worst team in the tourney play in the first round games.

You're the confused one here. Everyone knows they are officially called first round games, and everyone refuses to call them that because they feel so much like play-in games and so little like actual first-round games.

I think I'm getting it now. There is not a championship game. This is actually a 7th round game. Boy...I'm going to have a hard time getting used to saying that. Hey, did you watch the 7th round game last night?

I think I'm getting it now. There is not a championship game. This is actually a 7th round game. Boy...I'm going to have a hard time getting used to saying that. Hey, did you watch the 7th round game last night?

I'm just hoping we make the final 4..................th round. Previously known as the sweet 16.

I am just hoping we pick up a Top 25 win soon else our image is going to start to tarnish and we get back on the bubble again.....

I am just hoping we pick up a Top 25 win soon else our image is going to start to tarnish and we get back on the bubble again.....

If we don't beat any of Wisconsin, MSU, or Michigan, we're still sitting at 12-6 in the B1G and 22-8 going into the conference tourney. No Big Ten team is getting left out at 12-6.

One of the few times I agree with you! :D

Until we move to a 96 team field, I'm going to keep calling the 4 play-in games, the "play-in" games and the first Thursday/Friday of the tourney the "First Round".

Agree! They call the games whatever they want but the first two rounds are the first weekend.

Latest posts