Updated Bracketology 1/23

Ohio State and Minnesota as 8 seeds make sense. I don't see Wisconsin as a 5 and think they would be a victim of the 5-12 upset. I expect them to be about a 7 come tournament time.

What an epic fail this week by Lunardi. He has Iowa and ISU matching up in the 3rd round, not gonna happen.

Then Ohio State possibly in the sweet 16, weird bracket.

Seems like he does something like this every week, where the potential second round matchups are just not going to happen because the committee won't want rematches that early. I don't know why he bothers trying to call what region teams will get in. Just predict seeds and leave it at that.

4 seed? Really? That is a bit generous. It think we are a 5 right now and likely end up as a 6. Worst we end up will be a 7 seed unless something really goes wrong.

4 play-in games do not constitute a round, regardless of what the NCAA says.

You must be confused. There arent play-in games anymore. The last 4 at large teams and the 4 worst team in the tourney play in the first round games.

4 play-in games do not constitute a round, regardless of what the NCAA says.

One of the few times I agree with you! :D

Until we move to a 96 team field, I'm going to keep calling the 4 play-in games, the "play-in" games and the first Thursday/Friday of the tourney the "First Round".

Then you both will be wrong.

That's okay with me.....I'd rather be technically wrong than follow some stupid naming convention that makes no sense and is simply there to make those bad teams feel like they really are in the Big Dance.