UPDATED: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

Only made it to page 7. Seven dwarves, seven sins, seven "cough cough, inches". I don't dare pass seven pages. Horns and hooves and a lump named grumpy. That said:

Love it Duff! A block party countdown. A 7ft Woody in the middle!! Relax ice cream lickers, this is a good thing.

I saw Mitch Beast McHairy play AAU twice;LIVE mofo, LIVE mofo (Side note, met Coach Fran-cis At said one of these down in the land that Massachussts took a **** (Rhode Island) Coach Francis is badass and is a perfect example of hardworking Iowa, instant Mancrush, godamnit, I hate to use that word but he is a recruiting never ending story. Man don't sleep). Never seen the Woody play prior to the black and gold. Mitch Beast is that, a Beast. Woody prefers silkier undies at the moment. I don't blame him, I too loved silky undies until I realized I might poke a midget in the eyes. Soon, Woody will poke that midget in the eye. And because he's a good guy will apologize. "Sorry Mr. Midget Man, I didn't mean to poke you in the eye". Then will realize one might involve inflicting pain on the smaller "people". Big Ten is no place for poking midgets in the eye. As obvious as it sounds, seeing is believing. I ask Hawkeye Nation, have you poked a midget in the eye?

Despite Woodbury's ineptitude to poke a midget in the eye, his stats are very comparable to Mitch Beast 24 Razor hair everywhere. Look them up. Surprisingly I am posting this on my phone at an Italian bar attempting not to stare at the bartenders ***. So look up the stats. Very similar. The stats of the Veronica Vaughn in front of me are terrific! Very compatible to a freshman center in the, how does Ghost say it?, BoneG???? (FYI love the Ghost despite his needs).

Full circle, Fab Five got their McHairy, we got a Woody. Same stats. McHairy likes sandpaper undies. Woody likes silk undies.

Here's to Woody gaining experience to wear sandpaper underwear.

Note: Midgets are known as little people. I mean no harm to little people. Or do they prefer dwarves? I honestly don't know and apologize if I have offended.

Only made it to page 7. Seven dwarves, seven sins, seven "cough cough, inches". I don't dare pass seven pages. Horns and hooves and a lump named grumpy. That said:

Love it Duff! A block party countdown. A 7ft Woody in the middle!! Relax ice cream lickers, this is a good thing.

I saw Mitch Beast McHairy play AAU twice;LIVE mofo, LIVE mofo (Side note, met Coach Fran-cis At said one of these down in the land that Massachussts took a **** (Rhode Island) Coach Francis is badass and is a perfect example of hardworking Iowa, instant Mancrush, godamnit, I hate to use that word but he is a recruiting never ending story. Man don't sleep). Never seen the Woody play prior to the black and gold. Mitch Beast is that, a Beast. Woody prefers silkier undies at the moment. I don't blame him, I too loved silky undies until I realized I might poke a midget in the eyes. Soon, Woody will poke that midget in the eye. And because he's a good guy will apologize. "Sorry Mr. Midget Man, I didn't mean to poke you in the eye". Then will realize one might involve inflicting pain on the smaller "people". Big Ten is no place for poking midgets in the eye. As obvious as it sounds, seeing is believing. I ask Hawkeye Nation, have you poked a midget in the eye?

Despite Woodbury's ineptitude to poke a midget in the eye, his stats are very comparable to Mitch Beast 24 Razor hair everywhere. Look them up. Surprisingly I am posting this on my phone at an Italian bar attempting not to stare at the bartenders ***. So look up the stats. Very similar. The stats of the Veronica Vaughn in front of me are terrific! Very compatible to a freshman center in the, how does Ghost say it?, BoneG???? (FYI love the Ghost despite his needs).

Full circle, Fab Five got their McHairy, we got a Woody. Same stats. McHairy likes sandpaper undies. Woody likes silk undies.

Note: Midgets are known as little people. I mean no harm to little people. Or do they prefer dwarves? I honestly don't know and apologize if I have offended.

Day-drunk post of the year so far.

UM, WTF are you talking about?

UM, WTF are you talking about?

As presented by you, UM must mean you are a Wolverine fan. So, Mitch McHairy is reference to Mitch McGary.

Laughing out loud! Just messing with you. UM is obviously a reference to "ummmm" as in, "I don't understand".

Easy, McGary pokes midgets in the eye with his tough BoneG (damnit Ghost) play, Woodbury doesn't. However, though midgets appreciate Woodbury's style, both have basically the same stats so far this season.

I saw McGary twice in AAU, never saw Woodbury play prior to Iowa. Met Coach Francis at an AAU event where McGary was playing. Coach Francis was very engaging and is tireless in his recruiting efforts.

Woodbury is raw and needs some time but compares in stats to another BoneG center on the number one team in the country.

You happy now? You see how you sucked the fun out of my initial bambling Stella Artois post?

Fun hater.

As presented by you, UM must mean you are a Wolverine fan. So, Mitch McHairy is reference to Mitch McGary.

Laughing out loud! Just messing with you. UM is obviously a reference to "ummmm" as in, "I don't understand".

Easy, McGary pokes midgets in the eye with his tough BoneG (damnit Ghost) play, Woodbury doesn't. However, though midgets appreciate Woodbury's style, both have basically the same stats so far this season.

I saw McGary twice in AAU, never saw Woodbury play prior to Iowa. Met Coach Francis at an AAU event where McGary was playing. Coach Francis was very engaging and is tireless in his recruiting efforts.

Woodbury is raw and needs some time but compares in stats to another BoneG center on the number one team in the country.

You happy now? You see how you sucked the fun out of my initial bambling Stella Artois post?

Fun hater.

Fun hater? You are the one drinking Stella Artois.

Fun hater? You are the one drinking Stella Artois.

Busted. Tap here is not good. I could have done Sam Seasonal or these fruity local beers.

I didn't mind the metallic taste of the Stella. However as you point out, credibility just hit the shitah!!!

That said.....

Go Woodbury!!! Love his effort. Do people not realize he loves to be a Hawkeye? Support his poking of midgets in the eye!!!!

Whar Duff to update this? Four blocks in the past 2 games is not bad.

Expect the "but it was against Penn State" type response.

Still waiting on the update Duff...

and Woody blocked some black guys shot's too so that should get him so bonus points on Duff's grading scale.

Busted. Tap here is not good. I could have done Sam Seasonal or these fruity local beers.

I didn't mind the metallic taste of the Stella. However as you point out, credibility just hit the shitah!!!

That said.....

Go Woodbury!!! Love his effort. Do people not realize he loves to be a Hawkeye? Support his poking of midgets in the eye!!!!

You smell alty.

After his first block last night I thought of this thread. HN is in my dome

Same, but after he got his 3rd I was wondering if we would see Duff comment. I was going to bump this last night but I figured I would give Duff a chance to update this on his own.

But I give him credit, every time he posts something like this:

Woody will never be a big time shot blocker.

Woodbury seems to go on a tear.

But I have to admit, Woodbury has gotten more blocks this year than I thought he would as he did not block very many in high school.

This is the official thread of Adam's assault on the Iowa shot blocking record books. I'll keep everyone up to date as Adam takes down the all-time Iowa shot blocking record.

Game 1: 3 blocks, 3 down, 355 to go.
Game 2: 1 block, rollin rollin rollin, keep them blocks a flowin, on the record books yer showin, white guy.
Game 3: 1 block, he's the next Dikembe Mikabe Balony Ikembe Domo Arigato Mr. Robato Mutumbo
Game 4: 1 block, like the Orlando city council, he's blocking a Gardener
Game 5: 0 blocks, this is just an apparition, he'll block a ****-load next game
Game 6: 1 block, its a real Shocker he only got one block tonight
Game 7: 3 blocks, Va Tech took 61 shots, Woody got his hands on 3 of em
Game 8: 0 blocks, Gabe had 3 but they were all "garbage blocks"
Game 9: 1 block, what does Woody have in common with South Dakota State's Karim Rowson? 1 block.
Game 10: 0 blocks, at least we beat them Clowns!
Game 11: 0 blocks, State champs mother****ers!
Game 12: 0 blocks, SC State's mascot is not the Gamecocks, but they cockblocked the shotblock.
Game 13: 0 blocks, they game planned around Woody and didn't attempt a shot while he was playing.
Game 14: 1 block, solid B10 debut
Game 15: 0 blocks, 2 blocks in the last 8 games, I'm sensing a pattern here...
Game 16: 0 blocks, Jim Burr's poor officiating clearly cost Woody a block or two, or eleven.
Game 17: 0 blocks, in Woodys defense jNW is the longest most athletic team in the league.
Game 18: 0 blocks, 1 fg made, 2 pts, 3 reb, 4 fouls, 5 is his position.
Game 19: 0 blocks, it's too bad we only play OSU once this year, he'll have to wait until next year to block a buck.
Game 20: 1 block, how does Woody tread our most hated rival? He threw them a party. A BLOCK PARTY!!
Game 21: 3 blocks, PSU football plays in Beaver Staduim, Woody's defense stiffened considerably, coincidence? I think not.

Season total: 16 blocks, .76 blocks per game, 3rd on the team in blocks.

Why do you keep posting this? No one is suggesting Woodbury is going to break any shot blocking records.

That is incorrect. I believe Woody will set the record for getting the most of his own shots blocked as a 7 footer. Now that would be a thread that was fun to follow, as he has his shots blocked all the time!

Why do you keep posting this? No one is suggesting Woodbury is going to break any shot blocking records.

Actually there were a few suggesting that he would be a great shot blocker coming out of hs. Yet all the blocks I saw him make in hs were short kids throwing it into his hands. I felt he would cause players to alter their shots which would allow for white and basabe to get some help blocks.

Latest posts