UPDATED: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

Re: OFFICIAL: Adam Woodbury block-o-meter thread

The biggest troll on this site and he's a mod. It still irks me. This thread is dumb. For a mod to be creating it is a travesty.
Troll-on, troll.

Try horrid games. He's weak and can't hold on to the ball. He's 7 feet tall and can't make a 4 foot shot. What 7 footer goes 16 games into a season without a dunk?

Very ignorant statement. He's dunked. (as if that matters) You've embarrassed yourself here.

You still can't win many B1G games when your big can't do things shoulder level and higher against strong big teams. It is highly unusual to see a major conference team expecting to contend to have a 5 that is this unproductive at the shoulders and higher. He is excellent at passing out. He is decent at bodying up when the D is collapsed. However, when you can't do anything with the ball but pass out (much) or play open area D, it really leaves holes. If the Hawks shot 3's better, that would help. The defense quickness when he is not in the game is so much higher. It is just highly unusual to see this at this level.

He reminds me a lot of MN's Randy Breuer (who was quite good in the end). Breuer was pretty uncoordinated at first and not strong. He did exhibit some quickness early, which is not seen out of AW...yet.

Michael Jordan posterizing 7`3" Randy Breuer 1987 - YouTube

He has not dunked in a regular season game this season. Everybody rips on JO when Woody is worthless. Can't even rebound.

He has dunked in a regular season game, do yourself a favor and watch the games.

Man.. some of you are really ******* sad people. For those of you bashing our HAWKEYE players, what were your averages while playing D-1 basketball?

He has not dunked in a regular season game this season. Everybody rips on JO when Woody is worthless. Can't even rebound.

You're right. He's terrible. Go tell Fran and Roy Williams how wrong they are.

The fact that Duff is a mod makes it obvious what direction Jon wants this message board to go and that he will obviously tolerate non-stop trolling in exchange for more page views.

Post the same stupid trolling **** over and over, that's fine. Just don't try to go around the profanity filter, that will get you the banhammer.

You're right. He's terrible. Go tell Fran and Roy Williams how wrong they are.

and all the coaches/scouts who voted him MVP in that Nike camp.

I think after 16 games we have seen enough, Fran needs to yank his scholarship next season and give it to someone else.

Man.. some of you are really ******* sad people. For those of you bashing our HAWKEYE players, what were your averages while playing D-1 basketball?
I agree that SOME of the criticism can be stupid at times, but I strongly disagree that one needs to be a former D-1 athlete to offer criticism. This is a fan message board after all.

I agree that SOME of the criticism can be stupid at times, but I strongly disagree that one needs to be a former D-1 athlete to offer criticism. This is a fan message board after all.

I'm all for criticism, but some of this stuff is over-the-top. Woody if a freshman, and some posters here are acting like he won't ever improve.

Criticism is one thing but bashing an individual player is another. The bashing on Woodbury is unjustified. Last year at this time he was making 4 foot jump shots over players rarely taller than 6'5 and now he is going up against the bigs of the B1G. There is going to be a learning curve!

All the haters out there won't have to worry about this next season when Woodbury goes in the lottery of the 2013 draft.

It is a troll thread to get a reaction, but there is some funny stuff in it though. But Woodbury IS going to be a very good player for us in time. And I don't think it is that far off either. Give him a chance. I give it a laffy

Criticism is one thing but bashing an individual player is another. The bashing on Woodbury is unjustified. Last year at this time he was making 4 foot jump shots over players rarely taller than 6'5 and now he is going up against the bigs of the B1G. There is going to be a learning curve!

A lot of people had unrealistic expectations. There is a difference in pointing out weaknesses (some of which are concerning in terms of not improving such as lack of quickness), and bashing. The point on the lack of dunking, although maybe to the point of bashing could speak to a lack of coordination, quickness, and competitive drive. Speaking to real terms is not bashing. It is way to early to tell. Naturally I would like to see him get more experience, but obviously even Fran thought it was too much last night....barring an injury.

Again, the problem here is that some want no criticism and seem to think any such thing is a bad omen or something.

Others had too high of expectations.

This is a discussion board for hopefully intelligent discussion. It is not the Hawkeye Cheerleading Board.

Lead pipe lock that he WILL be a very good player for us down the road and crow will be served for those nagging on him.

Lead pipe lock that he WILL be a very good player for us down the road and crow will be served for those nagging on him.

Will depend entirely on his competitive spirit. He has never experienced stuff like this before. Illinois has a treasure box of 7 footers who didn't pan out due to competiveness....except they always seemed to have career games against the Hawks...usually from 3 land.

This is a discussion board for hopefully intelligent discussion. It is not the Hawkeye Cheerleading Board.

misc-you-dont-say-l.png

Latest posts