UofI Hospital and Kinnick Stadium just got vandalized tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they find out who did this I would like the judge to order the culprits to read about Nile Kinnick and to read aloud in front of the statue what he stood for. When protesters damage property they should at least have to pay a price for their destruction. There's absolutely nothing wrong with protesting but their is absolutely nothing wright with destructing any property.

Channel 9 was just live at Kinnick Stadium. The rioters spray painted on the legs of the Kinnick statue (I couldn't make out what they wrote) and all over the base of the statue. They also spray painted graffiti on the bricks of Kinnick Stadium, saw a number of BLM spray painted all over and some vulgar words as well.

EZ4AaB9XkAIJ5p_

such brave Privileged 19 year old white males. I’m sure their upper middle class upbringing in the Chicago burbs helped them understand oppression

Damn! I remember when the only thing that got really vandalized on campus was the Danforth Chapel tunnel. Or during an anti apartheid rally someone would spray paint "Stephen Biko Hall" on the side of Jessup where the president's office resided.

Defacing Kinnick's statue is pretty heavy stuff. I think whoever was involved in the vandalism should have to go in there with the sandblasters and everything else on a 99 degree day and fix their damage.

such brave Privileged 19 year old white males. I’m sure their upper middle class upbringing in the Chicago burbs helped them understand oppression
Funny you mentioned the Chicago burbs. Every sportswriter and radio host in Chicago goes out of their way to rip Iowa every chance they get. They even blame "bus loads of Cub fans from Iowa" for causing any alcohol related issues around Wrigley Field. Seriously.

I've always contended, as a former Iowa student, that a lot of the issues in downtown Iowa City are caused by rich and elite Chicago north shore kids who weren't serious enough about education to consider Illinois or Northwestern and see Iowa as a place to party nonstop, destroy fraternity houses, and cause trouble.

But that's just my two cents.

looks like the work of some enlightened teenagers
In another era those entitled teenagers may have been preparing to send off somewhere and put their lives on the line for their country.

But in this one they have nother better to do then deface hallowed ground, in large part to the sacrifices their ancestors made.

I'd be willing to bet that not a single person who has tweeted complaints toward Doyle or Ferentz in the past 72 hours would approve of any of this. Or of they would they have truly lost their minds.

Now all these former players need to be asked one question: is Chris Doyle a racist to you, yes or no. These answers need to be made public. Their comments about him were public so it should be no problem, because this was all public the sick kids now are staring at the word F all over kinnick and the hospital.

SJW Acting like it’s the Robert E. Lee statue. Shame. Are we going to see an article on this? Nope because they are committing a crime for a good reason!
Nile once spoke at a Young Republicans rally and his grandfather was a Republican governor of Iowa. Furthermore, Nile was stationed on the USS Lexington, which fought in the Pacific war and indiscriminately murdered persons of color in Asia. Given those facts, it seems reasonable that these peaceful protesters be given the opportunity to make their voices heard and start a conversation on these issues. Nile's past is very problematic and the symbolism of desecrating his statue on the anniversary of D-Day is how we can really push change and progress of our nation forward.

Boo on stupid people. There is so much at stake in these times that criminals only effect will be to undermine the message.

This is on the former and current players. Let them do the heavy lifting, they were there. Vandalism only takes away from the message.

It is beyond sad that actions like this give racists an opportunity to say, “see. These protesters are really just criminals.” I have already seen this on some other sites. Damn.

In another era those entitled teenagers may have been preparing to send off somewhere and put their lives on the line for their country.

But in this one they have nother better to do then deface hallowed ground, in large part to the sacrifices their ancestors made.

I'd be willing to bet that not a single person who has tweeted complaints toward Doyle or Ferentz in the past 72 hours would approve of any of this. Or of they would they have truly lost their minds.

Carl Davis, Jaleel Johnson, and Akrum Wadley have all come out saying they are ashamed this is going on at Kinnick.

Nile once spoke at a Young Republicans rally and his grandfather was a Republican governor of Iowa. Furthermore, Nile was stationed on the USS Lexington, which fought in the Pacific war and indiscriminately murdered persons of color in Asia. Given those facts, it seems reasonable that these peaceful protesters be given the opportunity to make their voices heard and start a conversation on these issues. Nile's past is very problematic and the symbolism of desecrating his statue on the anniversary of D-Day is how we can really push change and progress of our nation forward.
Yea go read the quote from REPUBLICAN Nile Kinnick about how he felt colored people were mistreated. Buddy boy Howe even retweeted it, surprisingly. If we really want to get political about this and if I’m not mistaken, it was a white republic who abolished slavery eh?

Yea go read the quote from REPUBLICAN Nile Kinnick about how he felt colored people were mistreated. Buddy boy Howe even retweeted it, surprisingly. If we really want to get political about this and if I’m not mistaken, it was a white republic who abolished slavery eh?

Which means what, exactly?

I REALLY hope this is sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts