University of Iowa Cuts Ties With Chris Doyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Doyle admits to nothing. Does not apologize for anything. Gets paid a little over 1 million bucks to get lost and most likely will find another gig... All while the Iowa program has their name drug through the mud... Sounds about how this would go.

Doyle is toxic. That review would have to find that the black players completely fabricated those stories for Doyle to get a P5 or NFL job.

It was a payout for him to shut his mouth on the way out and not bring other coaches down in a lawsuit
Which is odd. I get the school wanting that sure. But if other coaches (seems like their are) are guilty of similar stuff then the school should want to do something about it. Clean house. Wallace has been mentioned BF, KF himself to an extent so the kids and their families are who the school needs to be worried about more so then Doyle. Doyle could just set the record strait if he'd be honest. But Doyle wanted as much $ as he could get too as opposed to being strait up fired with cause so it's a win for him. Major win because as I mentioned without admitting to anything he'll get another gig and get to double dip like fired HCs with buyouts get to.

Doyle is toxic. That review would have to find that the black players completely fabricated those stories for Doyle to get a P5 or NFL job.
One would think so but this is big time college football. He's the best at his job in the country... He may not get hired right away for this upcoming season but he won't be unemployed any longer then that if he doesn't want to be... I'll go out on that limb

One would think so but this is big time college football. He's the best at his job in the country... He may not get hired right away for this upcoming season but he won't be unemployed any longer then that if he doesn't want to be... I'll go out on that limb

He’s apparently not better than the guy at Wisconsin. They’ve been pushing Iowa’s ass around for a decade now

Does this spell the end for Doyle as an active coach? He is 51 and has the opportunity to watch Dillon play ball over the next few years and will have enough money to live comfortably. Does he walk away completely or take a break?

With all that has been said about him I would find it hard to believe that he would even be able to find a job after this. Do schools want to take a chance if in fact the allegations were true despite his resume?

Does this spell the end for Doyle as an active coach? He is 51 and has the opportunity to watch Dillon play ball over the next few years and will have enough money to live comfortably. Does he walk away completely or take a break?

With all that has been said about him I would find it hard to believe that he would even be able to find a job after this. Do schools want to take a chance if in fact the allegations were true despite his resume?

Coaches survive this stuff. I presume he may take a break for a couple years until the right situation comes up again. As you point out, he has the cushion to take some time and watch his son somewhere. Gawd would suck if he ended up at a place like Nebraska or something.

Coaches survive this stuff. I presume he may take a break for a couple years until the right situation comes up again. As you point out, he has the cushion to take some time and watch his son somewhere. Gawd would suck if he ended up at a place like Nebraska or something.

Maybe Central Pella.

Holy smokes. Who the hell drafted that agreement? The release is not fully valid. ADEA claims require a 7 day revocation period and the revocation period CANNOT be waived. It ain't in there. Whoever drafted that agreement for Iowa should be fired for incompetence.
The 7 day waiver revocation period is true, but it's implied. Doesn't have to be in there, because just by virtue of it not being waive-able it doesn't need to be spelled out. There are lots of contractual things like that.

Total horseshit.

He gets to walk away with a suitcase full of cash and never has to answer for a single thing.

Question for lawyers on the board...

Does the agreement as written give Doyle immunity from or insulate him against the big-ass class action lawsuit coming Iowa's way? Or is that even possible?

Can he be made a defendant on his own or does that not hold water because his actions were done in the course of his work for the U? I would think not because if I say crashed a bus because of negligence I could still be sued individually (I think).

Lawyer replies only. I know we've all seen Matlock, but I want to hear it from a horse's mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.