UNI says forget about the Iowa - Iowa State game

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
scaled.php

The we are here too is an ever growing sentiment at UNI. It used to be it was alright for you to be a dual fan in their eyes. Now many of them feel it's all or nothing.

The we are here too is an ever growing sentiment at UNI. It used to be it was alright for you to be a dual fan in their eyes. Now many of them feel it's all or nothing.

That is going to result in a massive amount of nothing. I think I only know two people that went to UNI that aren't Iowa fans.

Why the dislike for UNI? Their sports programs (men's basketball, football, and volleyball) have been good for awhile and it doesn't hurt Iowa in any way unless Iowa loses to them. Is that why? Do Iowa fans play the lil' bro' complex for UNI because they're good and beat Iowa at times when people think they shouldn't. I guess I don't get it. It doesn't help that I'm UNI Alum, but grew up attending all Iowa sports (fb,men's and women's bb, and wrestling) and Iowa comes first for me. Has it come down to the hate being that UNI beats Iowa sometimes?

One of my buddies produced this image. He is a total UNI homer. One thing is for sure. He will be watching the game on Saturday. It is kind of like a car accident for them. They don't want to watch but can't turn away.

One of my buddies produced this image. He is a total UNI homer. One thing is for sure. He will be watching the game on Saturday. It is kind of like a car accident for them. They don't want to watch but can't turn away.

Their second-favorite team is 'Whoever is playing Iowa'.

Iowafan81 for me it's not the dislike for UNI athletics. It's more my disdain of the attitude of many panther fans. Their latest delusion that they should jump up to FBS in football doesn't help.

I think it's a clever image. I never have thought of this as the blackbirds vs the red birds before.

The thing is, I'm a Panther Fan as long as they aren't playing Iowa.
I'm just surprised the official UNI page put it up.

Latest posts