UNI Halftime Show

That's my point. There is plenty that is already in place for in-stadium entertainment. A "mini-concert" seems like a waste to me. It would only make sense if it would sell more tickets (which I don't think it would). A longer post-game concert would make more sense.
U serious?

That's my point. There is plenty that is already in place for in-stadium entertainment. A "mini-concert" seems like a waste to me. It would only make sense if it would sell more tickets (which I don't think it would). A longer post-game concert would make more sense.
Your point is that it is well worth it - the point I was making? Doesn't seem like it. There's somebody on the forums that is going because of Pat Green so there's tickets already sold that wouldn't have been.

If you don't get it already, nothing I can say will convince you that it is a worthy cause.

Your point is that it is well worth it - the point I was making? Doesn't seem like it. There's somebody on the forums that is going because of Pat Green so there's tickets already sold that wouldn't have been.

If you don't get it already, nothing I can say will convince you that it is a worthy cause.

Must have missed that post. That's 1 extra ticket sold.

Must have missed that post. That's 1 extra ticket sold.
So what you're saying is we should only use measureable ticket sales as benchmarks for whether or not certain things should happen at Kinnick, like card stunts, flyovers and heartwarming events. We should only do things where the difference in ticket sales can actually be measured regardless if it makes the experience for existing ticket holders or kids across the street better.

That is quite the opposite of the point I was making and incredibly parochial.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is we should only use measureable ticket sales as benchmarks for whether or not certain things should happen at Kinnick, like card stunts, flyovers and heartwarming events. We should only do things where the difference in ticket sales can actually be measured regardless if it makes the experience for existing ticket holders or kids across the street better.

That is quite the opposite of the point I was making and incredibly parochial.

You drew attention to one post about a ticket sale and I was just keeping a running total.

I'm simply saying that I don't think half-time "concerts" are worth it, either as entertainment or for ticket sales. My opinion, that's all. Those other things are fine. I'd trade a half-time "concert" for a bunch of card stunts. The Wave is infinitely better than any half-time "concert."

You started this thread and seem extremely defensive about it. Care to disclose your stake held in this event?

You drew attention to one post about a ticket sale and I was just keeping a running total.

I'm simply saying that I don't think half-time "concerts" are worth it, either as entertainment or for ticket sales. My opinion, that's all. Those other things are fine. I'd trade a half-time "concert" for a bunch of card stunts. The Wave is infinitely better than any half-time "concert."

You started this thread and seem extremely defensive about it. Care to disclose your stake held in this event?
No stake, just think it's a great idea, although I hate country music. I just think it's a great thing for the University and for the kids regardless of whether it boosts our all important ticket sales.

I'd trade a half-time "concert" for a bunch of card stunts. The Wave is infinitely better than any half-time "concert."

Hahah, just how many $80,000 card stunts could we have if we didn't have Pat Green come for halftime?

The whole idea behind this halftime concert IS THE WAVE ffs

No stake, just think it's a great idea, although I hate country music. I just think it's a great thing for the University and for the kids regardless of whether it boosts our all important ticket sales.

Hahah, just how many $80,000 card stunts could we have if we didn't have Pat Green come for halftime?

The whole idea behind this halftime concert IS THE WAVE ffs

You like it. I don't. It is what it is (a "nice" thing, not a "great" thing). Enjoy. I'll be waiting in line somewhere to pee.

So has it been officially released? We have a good group who wants to go at this point, and will probably venture to the full show after the game.

I won't be there. I refuse to go to venues that play country music

I know they are dead, but you don't like George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash music?? I get the not liking the Taylor Swift type country music but no oldies???

So has it been officially released? We have a good group who wants to go at this point, and will probably venture to the full show after the game.
Sounds like the University is going back and forth with the press release but it should be in the day or two, I'm interested to see what they reveal!

If anybody is interested in going to this game (cept for tk :cool:) I can probably hook you up with some promo codes to get $35 adult tickets and $25 kids. Let me know. Tickets are $60 through ticket office I believe.

I would love to see the Navy Seals jumping into the stadium I would rather they wear the Hawkeye T-shirts or Jerseys.

Last edited:
We got our tickets. Booked 4 rooms. I understand some of y’all don’t like or know Pat Green. I get it. But we’re excited. Be my first time back at Kinnick in YEARS. Go Hawks.