unhappy with this season ? whine here

How do you think Barta would have handled "Commins"? Just askin'

Are you always like this?

You do realize that Iowa hired ax12-21 coach who if my memory is correct was in between .500 coaches at Maine.

The Iowa guy that was fired was.....12-21 in his first 3 years.13-20 w UCLA. KF went on to be 16-41 his first 5 years and Banks fell into his lap. He also had no one to work with l 5th year scrubs like a 9 year pro he inherited.

I'm not going to go back beyond nineteen years but for saying this Fry was great and what Iowa needed at the time.
KF has had Stellar years and then some duds. Its a love/hate relationship with him. He made a comment in an interview a few years back that still sticks with me today. Who's expectations? I felt it to be kind of a slight to us fans.
After the Penn St. game I was really enthused by the possibilities of a 9-3 season. Knowing we were working with a first year Qb and OC I knew there would be some pains but a stout D kept us in every game. Special teams were a disappointment and the first coupe years KF had great ST's and helped us win some games. That has declined over his time. I feel he lacks gaming planning due to his own stubbornness at times. Our defense's for the most part have always been solid. It's the O schemes and predictability that kills us and his lack to take advantage of it or adjust during game time that all of us arm chair Qb's can see for ourselves that make you throw up your hands and question him. Stanley at several time this year should of been given the chance to check into spread or pass audibles instead of run left or right check downs. Even if those audibles didn't work it would of made D's guessing a little. If you re-watch the Penn game you can see the Db's running past and releasing our receivers and playing the run constantly and this happened regularly in other games we struggled. I am optimistic every year but history keeps rearing it ugly head so I wish I had the answers. It is what it is I guess.

There was nothing much for stretching out of the comfort zone in the contract.
I didn’t ask what you would do within bounds of his contract.

I asked what you would do with him since you say he’s been given a long leash that he keeps tripping over.

You want to put incentives of more yards and beat opponents badder.

Conclusion: Soft. Barta-esque non-description ‘solution’. But I guess anything is said so you won’t have to say ‘fire him’.

I didn’t ask what you would do within bounds of his contract.

I asked what you would do with him since you say he’s been given a long leash that he keeps tripping over.

You want to put incentives of more yards and beat opponents badder.

Conclusion: Soft. Barta-esque non-description ‘solution’. But I guess anything is said so you won’t have to say ‘fire him’.

Thought I answered it. You must be like I tell my kids. Listen to what I mean, not what I say.

That said, heck there is a precedence of renegotiating a new contract when the other isn't done. What not up the incentives? Leave the base in place and up it. Have a bonus at the end that gives incentives not to let it die on the vine toward the end.

Thought I answered it. You must be like I tell my kids. Listen to what I mean, not what I say.

That said, heck there is a precedence of renegotiating a new contract when the other isn't done. What not up the incentives? Leave the base in place and up it. Have a bonus at the end that gives incentives not to let it die on the vine toward the end.
Got it.
Soft and edgy. More leash yet tightening.

I didn’t think Barta could be out-Barta-ed.

Got it.
Soft and edgy. More leash yet tightening.

I didn’t think Barta could be out-Barta-ed.

Since you don't have a face, its really hard to read your sarcasm/enthusiasm. I think you enjoyed your post. Sort of like this:
0jSuWsP.gif

I've already said 2012.
I'm guessing those who want him to stay have very ugly wives, as 7 wins is their definition of beauty.

I'm not sure what is worse, staying with an ugly wife, or staying with a low IQ husband who thinks 42 wins over 5 seasons = 7 wins per year.

You can’t read. I said Northwestern tied for second, replying to you stating northwestern sucked. Pay attention to what you write. I don’t have time for people like you. Discussion is over.
OK, you said Northwestern tied for second. Congratulations you are still wrong. I don't have time to keep pointing out your errors while you continue to defend them. You're wrong, it's over now. Good day, sir.

WEST W-L
Wisconsin 9-0
Northwestern 7-2
Iowa 4-5
Purdue 4-5
Nebraska 3-6
Minnesota 2-7
Illinois 0-9

Last edited:
Decent year IYO!... 7 and 5 is never a decent season no matter what the circumstance is IMO. I have to ask, what the hell has happened to us (fan base) that a 7 and 5 season is a decent year? Apathy maybe? I am not sure but my math still says that is one game over .500. Decent years are ones where we didn't quite reach top three of our conference... Just outside looking in, not a football field away from the ticket booth. I am not ever going to accept such a piss poor output as 7 and 5 losing to the losers of lower programs. I really do think with so many years of being average, it has warped some of the fan base into such a apathetic point of view!

As I remember I picked Iowa to be 6-6 before the season. In the end the team ended up being about what we thought they would be. A very young team with flashes of brilliance and moments of WTH! Losing two top offensive tackles changed a lot of things. But now Iowa has two guys with an year of experience for next year. Two very big guys who can be top tackles for the next 3 years.

Iowa showed who they were against Wisconsin. A very young team. They got lucky against Penn State and Ohio State. Penn State had an off day and Ohio State over looked Iowa.

All in all it was a decent season. Lot of good memories. Lot of WTF moments. . We all get frustrated with the team. But it's our choice to be a Hawkeye fan or not. Go Hawks.

Decent year IYO!... 7 and 5 is never a decent season no matter what the circumstance is IMO. I have to ask, what the hell has happened to us (fan base) that a 7 and 5 season is a decent year? Apathy maybe? I am not sure but my math still says that is one game over .500. Decent years are ones where we didn't quite reach top three of our conference... Just outside looking in, not a football field away from the ticket booth. I am not ever going to accept such a piss poor output as 7 and 5 losing to the losers of lower programs. I really do think with so many years of being average, it has warped some of the fan base into such a apathetic point of view!

I dont think most here call 7-5 decent. Mediocre more like. Unsatisfying. The list goes on.

Before Fry got to Iowa, we would have killed for a 7 win season. We hadn't had a 7 win or greater team for nearly 20 years. After Fry got here, he won 6 games or less 8 of his 20 years. So it isn't like Iowa was some greater than 6 win team all the time under Fry. Ferentz has won 7 games or less 9 times in 18 years (this year yet to be determined).

I just don't understand when fans got the idea that Iowa doesn't have many years of 7 wins? It has been this way for going on nearly 40 years now, heck going back 60 years even.

I am not criticizing those who put such importance in bowl games, I just don't get too worked up over them.
I think they are pretty meaningless in the big scheme of things. Even the 2010 Orange Bowl was meaningless IMO. How did that victory improve our program? It was like consuming empty calories. And it was completely irrelevant on the national landscape. The only games that mean anything are the semis and title game. And it truly doesn't bother me that we haven't won a bowl since 2010.

Bowl games are nice for the traveling fan I suppose, but when it occurs 3-4 plus weeks after the end of a season there are so many variables that come into play that seem to contribute to the irrelevance. Are these games indicative of where a program is? To me they really have an exhibition or pre-season feel to them.
Of course one exception is when there is an obvious difference in talent (speed) between us and say the Pac 12 and SEC. But that has always been the case.

I get more worked up over the seemingly acceptable mediocrity during the course of a 12-game season, and our progress and standing among conference teams with only one appearance in our conference championship game.

So if beating, or losing to say a 7-5 Kentucky team is a barometer of some sort and it means something to you then good for you.

Winning games is good, losing games is bad. HOW we do both is the frustration at times.

Any bowl win will be great. A bowl win isn't going to suddenly make an average season good, and it certainly won't erase the PU, NW, or Wiscy stinkers.

but ANY bowl loss is gonna be damaging for both perception, confidence, and likely recruiting.

Win the bowl.

if y'all are unsatisfied with the Pinstripe bowl then y'all are a bunch of ingrates!!! Yes, I was literally cracking up as I typed this. Sarcasm meter only goes up to 11/10 for me and this post broke it