Unbelievable!

What's believable, that lightning1 finds another negative thing to post... See a pattern here?

i was thinking along the same line. do it on a mass scale and get the hands sitters out of the way for those that want to scream and yell. move the student section behind both benches.
Lol hands sitters are all you get at Carver Hawkeye. You’d have to actually have a student section to make it worth putting behind the benches. When was the last time you saw the student section at CH remotely full? Why would they go to the game when they could watch Netflix or play Fortnite?

This isn’t Duke or Michigan State, it’s not like there are a bunch of rowdy fans beating down the door to get closer to the court, but get pushed away by the blue hairs.

They’re all blue hairs at Iowa games.

Lol hands sitters are all you get at Carver Hawkeye. You’d have to actually have a student section to make it worth putting behind the benches. When was the last time you saw the student section at CH remotely full? Why would they go to the game when they could watch Netflix or play Fortnite?

This isn’t Duke or Michigan State, it’s not like there are a bunch of rowdy fans beating down the door to get closer to the court, but get pushed away by the blue hairs.

They’re all blue hairs at Iowa games.

Could you imagine how pathetic it would look! We'd have like 2 rows of students standing their looking at their phones or playing Fortnite.

What's believable, that lightning1 finds another negative thing to post... See a pattern here?
I simply point out the stupid shit. Then I sit back and wait for the defenders of stupid shit to show up. Nice to see you again. There's definitely a pattern here.

UHHH. It's called the 12 pack of beer before the game.. I'll stay in my seat and happily watch if you want to hold the bed pan for me.
Have you been out in public recently? People have ZERO attention span. The two games I was at Kinnick for this year people were up and down like a fart on a skillet (as my dad says). Hardly anyone just watches the game. I pee when I get to the stadium, go to my seat and stay there until the game is completely over. I'm a 1% in that. No one just stays put. I've seen people in my section leave 3-4 times per game.

UHHH. It's called the 12 pack of beer before the game.. I'll stay in my seat and happily watch if you want to hold the bed pan for me.
These aren't all drinkers based on my assessment. Its families, teens, 55 year old women. I doubt the demographic I'm seeing all pounded 6-12 beers before the game.

Gutless Gary is at it again. He's concocted another seating scheme. This one is completely ridiculous and I'm in awe of the stupidity it took to come up with this idea.
https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...-big-four-classic-premium-seating/1838558002/

If he's smart he'll do the same type of things at Kinnick. You need to have a lot of higher comfort options available for fans.

I've said this many times before but college stadiums are in trouble. NFL and MLB over the past decade have made their stadiums into basically large sports bars. College stadiums are stuck in the 1960s and its going to cost a lot of schools a lot of money to meet the standard the NFL has set.

I simply point out the stupid shit. Then I sit back and wait for the defenders of stupid shit to show up. Nice to see you again. There's definitely a pattern here.
As Xerxes said, It's OK for NFL, MLB & NBA, but not Iowa? You call it stupid if it's Iowa but not the pros... as I stated before, you're just looking for negative stuff to post. Now I remember why I've had you on ignore in the past.

As Xerxes said, It's OK for NFL, MLB & NBA, but not Iowa? You call it stupid if it's Iowa but not the pros... as I stated before, you're just looking for negative stuff to post. Now I remember why I've had you on ignore in the past.
I didn't know we were discussing the Pros. I've only ever attended 1 NFL, 1 NBA and 1 MLB game in my entire life. And all 3 of those were in the early 1990s. I can tell you that I don't recall any such seating arrangements similar to this fiasco, at that time. If you want to take the time to post pictures of these venues you are referring to, I won't hesitate to comment on whether or not they are stupid.
By all means...put me on IGNORE again. I haven't lost any sleep over it at this point.

If he's smart he'll do the same type of things at Kinnick. You need to have a lot of higher comfort options available for fans.

I've said this many times before but college stadiums are in trouble. NFL and MLB over the past decade have made their stadiums into basically large sports bars. College stadiums are stuck in the 1960s and its going to cost a lot of schools a lot of money to meet the standard the NFL has set.
Then Iowa really is in trouble because Gutless Gary is looking for ways to discourage drinking alcohol. Not ways to reshape our venues around drinking alcohol.

Then Iowa really is in trouble because Gutless Gary is looking for ways to discourage drinking alcohol. Not ways to reshape our venues around drinking alcohol.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't there alcohol sales in the recently added club seats by the press box and in the brand new end zone club level?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't there alcohol sales in the recently added club seats by the press box and in the brand new end zone club level?
I believe so but that hardly resembles a sports bar atmosphere. Or were you overstating it a little?
And lets not pretend that Iowa basketball is selling out games each and every season. They struggle to sell 2/3 of their season tickets as it is. Do you really think people will pop for those seats? Even with beer sales? Iowa basketball isn't the same type of event that Iowa football is. I don't think alcohol sales would have much effect on ticket sales. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

'Premium' seats at TCF Bank Stadium ...

twdvrlciwz1f79k7rom2.jpg

Yep. Those types definitely fit my description. $1500 for food and drinks in cafeteria chairs. LMAO. More power to them.

Every program needs benefactors like this. You gest, but those people are pillars that support the weight of the program. Without them the revenue of the program would be in serious jeopardy. You should thank these people when you pass them on the way down to your seats, because their overpayment (which they know is overpayment) helps keep the general seating tickets from sky rocketing.

Every program needs benefactors like this. You gest, but those people are pillars that support the weight of the program. Without them the revenue of the program would be in serious jeopardy. You should thank these people when you pass them on the way down to your seats, because their overpayment (which they know is overpayment) helps keep the general seating tickets from sky rocketing.
1). Have they actually sold any of these seats yet?
2). Why would I thank them for supporting mediocrity?
3). I already stated...more power to them.

'Premium' seats at TCF Bank Stadium ...

twdvrlciwz1f79k7rom2.jpg
Those are on the side of the field, at least. Do they have those seats in the end zones too? I can't tell from that pic. And that's football. A different animal. Do you have any pictures of similar seating in the Barn?

Latest posts