Unbelievable!

Being at the top of the bowl, I don't think it's a problem. Do you happen to know what sections those are?

It may actually be good to keep some of the older and less energetic fans away from the floor. It leaves more room for active fans like me down there.

Last edited:
Being at the top of the bowl, I don't think it's a problem. Do you happen to know what sections those are?

It may actually be good to keep some of the older and less energetic fans away from the floor. It leaves more room for active fans like me down there.
Behind the baskets.

A basketball game is like 2 hours long. People really need to eat and drink at a table for such a short event. Can't get in line like everyone else or buy from a vendor. Seriously, talk about having too much money. Glad that Barta is looking for the most competitive advantage for the team to get victories. Having a bunch of geezers or yuppies ordering sparkling water and appetizers at court level will really liven up the game.

A basketball game is like 2 hours long. People really need to eat and drink at a table for such a short event. Can't get in line like everyone else or buy from a vendor. Seriously, talk about having too much money. Glad that Barta is looking for the most competitive advantage for the team to get victories. Having a bunch of geezers or yuppies ordering sparkling water and appetizers at court level will really liven up the game.
These seats aren't at court level. They are at the top of the concourse, behind the baskets no less!

i was thinking along the same line. do it on a mass scale and get the hands sitters out of the way for those that want to scream and yell. move the student section behind both benches.

i was thinking along the same line. do it on a mass scale and get the hands sitters out of the way for those that want to scream and yell. move the student section behind both benches.
I could easily get behind this idea. But that's not what Gutless is trying to do here. Here's trying to come up with some way to show more revenue at the basketball venue. He's probably feeling some heat for a half empty CHA.

I could easily get behind this idea. But that's not what Gutless is trying to do here. Here's trying to come up with some way to show more revenue at the basketball venue. He's probably feeling some heat for a half empty CHA.

he could renovate the top 3 rows and then the mezzanine and make the top 3 rows the table concept. he could then enclose the mezzanine level and make it a "private" box or suites setup. something could be done. he then could afford to make the lower 8 rows or so a student section behind both benches. hell, anything could be done. but we need more noise in CHA and we need an involved student body.

he could renovate the top 3 rows and then the mezzanine and make the top 3 rows the table concept. he could then enclose the mezzanine level and make it a "private" box or suites setup. something could be done. he then could afford to make the lower 8 rows or so a student section behind both benches. hell, anything could be done. but we need more noise in CHA and we need an involved student body.
Hell...give em the top 10 rows. Anything to get them off the floor and away from game.

Meh it's whatever to me. A lot of stadiums are rennovating their crappier sections to be party areas or all inclusive areas or added value areas.

There must have been demand for something like this, or why do it? To be outraged by something like this makes me think you have axes to grind.

Have you been out in public recently? People have ZERO attention span. The two games I was at Kinnick for this year people were up and down like a fart on a skillet (as my dad says). Hardly anyone just watches the game. I pee when I get to the stadium, go to my seat and stay there until the game is completely over. I'm a 1% in that. No one just stays put. I've seen people in my section leave 3-4 times per game.

Latest posts