Ulis Visiting MSU

Word on MSU 247 board is that Izzo won't take both Tyus Jones and Ulis in this class.

An interesting dilemma if Ulis wants to commit and Izzo wants to hold out for Jones to decide.

Here's hoping MSU gets Jones for a year and the Hawks get Ulis for 4. Some of these posters are wanting Ulis over Jones, who is a Top 5 player nationally.

The thread goes back a couple months but is a good read all the way through.

'14 IL PG Tyler Ulis (MSU Offer)

And an extremely odd element is no offer from the Illini. Maybe Ulis told Groce he wasn't interested from the get go, but I find it a little weird.

Ulis actually blew up last November/December when Hendricksen of the Suntimes started gushing about him.
He has just kept getting more and more attention since then.
Then this summer the rest of the country discovered him.

I think he could be a program-changing type of playmaker for Iowa.
If we somehow land him, it is a very good recruiting class immediately.

Ulis actually blew up last November/December when Hendricksen of the Suntimes started gushing about him.
He has just kept getting more and more attention since then.
Then this summer the rest of the country discovered him.

I think he could be a program-changing type of playmaker for Iowa.
If we somehow land him, it is a very good recruiting class immediately.

At the rate he's rising, I think landing him is the true "WE'RE BACK!" statement to the rest of the country. Landing Woodbury and Gesell was very good, but they were also essentially homegrown talents. Landing Ulis would allow us to potentially stick a flag in the Chicagoland and announce that we're ready to start taking on the big time schools for some recruits.

At the rate he's rising, I think landing him is the true "WE'RE BACK!" statement to the rest of the country. Landing Woodbury and Gesell was very good, but they were also essentially homegrown talents. Landing Ulis would allow us to potentially stick a flag in the Chicagoland and announce that we're ready to start taking on the big time schools for some recruits.

Well said and I completely agree. It has been long time since Iowa has had a dynamic player from the Chicago area.

Pierce and Freeman are the only Chicago kids I can recall that came to Iowa in the past 15 years.

Thanks for posting the video. He's a quick little fella that sees the floor and has that mid game floater that is soo key for any pg to have in todays game. I almost think that's more important then being able to hit 3s for a pass first pg. I don't think he'll be asked to score like that at D1 but he'll have his moments I'm sure. Hope they are with the Hawks.

Thanks for posting the video. He's a quick little fella that sees the floor and has that mid game floater that is soo key for any pg to have in todays game. I almost think that's more important then being able to hit 3s for a pass first pg. I don't think he'll be asked to score like that at D1 but he'll have his moments I'm sure. Hope they are with the Hawks.

That floater will be important. Having an outside game would be nice, but it's not critical for him, IMO. He also reportedly finished around the rim much better than you'd expect from a player of his size, but having that little teardrop floater will keep teams from focusing solely on shutting down passing lanes when he gets in the paint. They have to respect his floater and ability to score, too.

Well said and I completely agree. It has been long time since Iowa has had a dynamic player from the Chicago area.

Pierce and Freeman are the only Chicago kids I can recall that came to Iowa in the past 15 years.

Cyrus Tate, and Cully Payne if Schaumburg counts.

Latest posts