UI Release on McCaffery Suspension

Mauled wasn't in reference to anything I've seen. Maybe should have picked a different word, but nonetheless.
I know. My response was an Aaron Crafty joke. No more. No less. That guy was a mauler that never got called for 1/100th of the fouls he committed.

I think the most important point that seems to be overlooked is that this was a B1G suspension not a decision made by Iowa AD.

Todd had some great qualities. Here is that list;

1) He taught defense.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8) He was good at running the shot clock out??? :p

He did have good defensive teams and would often hold opponents in the 50's. I remember when one of Todd Lickliter's teams beat Mich St., maybe even on their court, Tom Izzo was beside himself.

He did have good defensive teams and would often hold opponents in the 50's. I remember when one of Todd Lickliter's teams beat Mich St., maybe even on their court, Tom Izzo was beside himself.

The score keeper may have been beside himself in that game. “Ok guys you can go home I got this. I can keep all the stats and do the score board by myself.”

All joking aside you are correct and that why I listed that one. Part of that could be because he had way undersized post players who were quicker with their feet on the defensive end. A 6’6” guy was our BIG MAN. Under Fran we have had guards that tall.

Last edited:
First thing I noticed about Connor was the fact that he talks to the officials on the floor. That's a major no-no and usually a head coach's rule. Nothing good comes from it. Officials will take a lot of abuse from coaches, they will not tolerate much nonsense from players and nor should they. Connor should know better and Fran shouldn't allow Connor or anyone to engage officials over foul calls.

I think I've witnessed each Iowa player talk to the officials at some point this year. It's integral in understanding why the foul was called. Cook probably more than any. I will say that Connor seems to throw a mini tantrum every time he doesn't get a call though

Latest posts