Uhl moving to the 2

Yes, but if we can’t be a good basketball team at least we can be the most FAIR basketball team in the country. Every recruit on scholarship will play! Even if it doesn’t benefit the team as a whole. Future recruits will take notice of our fairness as well. :)
Sounds like Kriener is out so it's still 11 all good ;)

If only he was worth playing either though.. Have you paid attention. He's not shooting worth a crap either. Missing free throws and turning it over some. His D isn't that much to talk about either. I'd be a fan of benching Moss for Uhl and see what happends the first 4 mins of the game. What would we be out? Dailey will still get his mins its not like he wouldn't play at all. Just have no interest in seeing him play more instead of Moss at this point. I say try it nothing to lose.
Dailey is 2nd on our team in 3pt %, has the best assist to turnover %, and provides much needed athleticism. I already thought Fran wasn’t giving him enough court time (16 MPG), but this would only make it worse.

Fran is just throwing s**t at the wall to see if it sticks. He has no clue what to do. All the sudden Uhl is supposed to be the answer. Hell, Dom has been in Fran's doghouse most of the year.
It is time to seriously consider a change at the top of the program if we want to see our players actually get better while at Iowa.

It amazes me that I see a deeper rotation from Iowa than I do in the Juco ranks, where players are in and out every year. It amazes me. It really concerns with regards to talent level, when the players cannot separate themselves from the rest of the talent. We lack that separation from players 6-12. I could say players 1-12 but optimistically gave the starters the benefit of the doubt.

At this point I'd rather see Tyler Cook playing the 1 and Bohannon playing the 2. Cook will foul out in the first half from 5 charging fouls but at least it would be entertaining

Dailey is 2nd on our team in 3pt %, has the best assist to turnover %, and provides much needed athleticism. I already thought Fran wasn’t giving him enough court time (16 MPG), but this would only make it worse.
Dailey has made 20 3s and played in 21 games... Basically 1 make a game. Hardly impactful in 16 mins or so of PT/game. He's averaging less than 2 assists/game and shooting 58% from free throw line... Sure he's the closest thing to an athletic player we have but that's just not saying much factored in with actual production. He'll still get 15-20 mins a game putting Uhl in because I say subtract Mosses time. He's just too much of a yo-yo. The only thing he's consistant at is not playing D either

Dailey is shooting 32% from the field in B10 play and is 2 of 10 from the line. He has one steal in 8 games. I know folks overreacted when he had a few nice games in that 5 game cupcake winning streak before conference play re-started, but another 6 games in now against the big boys shows that wasn't something he can do consistently at this point against better competition. He's getting the minutes he's earning right now. If he can ratchet it up now in conference, those minutes should start increasing and next year he'll be ready from the get go. But he has to show he can do something other than only make threes and not play defense, we have a guy that does that already.

If only he was worth playing either though.. Have you paid attention. He's not shooting worth a crap either. Missing free throws and turning it over some. His D isn't that much to talk about either. I'd be a fan of benching Moss for Uhl and see what happends the first 4 mins of the game. What would we be out? Dailey will still get his mins its not like he wouldn't play at all. Just have no interest in seeing him play more instead of Moss at this point. I say try it nothing to lose.
Neither player is the immediate solution. But giving Dailey the minutes could pay dividends down the line. Giving Uhl the minutes gets you nothing.

Dailey has looked pretty bad on both ends of the court the last handful of games. He can do some nice things at times but in the end I think you can see why Rutgers didn't want him anymore after they got a new coach. I'd much rather give him minutes than Uhl this season though.

Uhl v. Dailey debate =
P5j5iOd.gif

I think this is Fran punishing players that aren't trying. I read a lot of posts on here saying that's what he needs to do. At this point, anything to take away minutes from guys playing the 2 position is a good thing. The 2 is by far the worst position on the team.

Neither player is the immediate solution. But giving Dailey the minutes could pay dividends down the line. Giving Uhl the minutes gets you nothing.
I doubt that's true but it's not impossible. I'm not a huge Dailey fan. I'd rather see Weiskamp start next yr and see what he's got. I think he leapfrogs Dailey day one and hopefully Moss

I'm interested to hear what PC and the other Fran supporters have to say about this move.

About f...... time.....

He also will help bringing the ball across half count when things start getting tough.....

Knows how to play D and will direct teammates to their spots to help out.....

We will not depend on him to score. His benefits are elsewhere.....

Things have to change. This might be a step in the right direction.....

Can't hurt to give him some minutes to see if the machine runs more smoothly.....

Yeah, he will get rebounds also.....

Garza might be able to set up inside with Dom on the perimeter.....

:cool:

Dailey should be getting many more minutes

He knows how to play D and his length helps on the perimeter. Actually with him and Dom on the perimeter, we might be able to prevent the opponents scoring 20 threes in a game.....

Latest posts