Uhhhh...Game Thread I Guess

That's what JT did in the 1st half. I remember thinking Winston can't do anything with JT on him. Winston's 7 points when JT was playing came when we played zone. I also remember Winston blowing by Evelyn in the 2nd half. I feel like because Fran doesn't value defense, he honestly doesn't even notice when someone like JT plays lock-down D.

Turning point of the game came when JoeT was taken out

I thought Iowa would be lucky to get to 10 wins in conference play this year and here they are at 11 wins with 2 more to play with a shot at a double bye.

No matter what happens the rest of the way this has been one of the more enjoyable seasons I've had watching Iowa basketball in a quite a while.

Evelyn made a pass that was potentially even worse and led to a three he other way which was the closest PSU got in the 2H.

Yes I don’t mean to harp on Evelyn too much he’s playing well and confident which is good to see but I thought Joe T was very good and deserved to get back in there.
with PSU trying to speed the game and make it hectic, JoeT would NOT be who I would want in there. He would play into that.

Next year? Maybe.

But not this year.

I thought Iowa would be lucky to get to 10 wins in conference play this year and here they are at 11 wins with 2 more to play with a shot at a double bye.

No matter what happens the rest of the way this has been one of the more enjoyable seasons I've had watching Iowa basketball in a quite a while.

With next year setting up to either be the most magical season ever or biggest disappointment ever.

With next year setting up to either be the most magical season ever or biggest disappointment ever.

It really comes down to Garza and I'm leaning that he comes back (I'm 60/40). If Garza comes back Iowa will be a contender for the Big Ten.

It really comes down to Garza and I'm leaning that he comes back (I'm 60/40). If Garza comes back Iowa will be a contender for the Big Ten.

I will worry about next year, well, next year. Right now, this ride has been great. I agree with the thought (hope?) that Garza will return, but a lot goes through a kids head when he is having a monster year. I am thinking his Father's influence is the #1 key factor though.

We should be the pre-season favorites. We only lose Evelyn, Kreiner, but having Nunge, J-Bo and hopefully Patrick McCaffery back will make us awfully tough

I will worry about next year, well, next year. Right now, this ride has been great. I agree with the thought (hope?) that Garza will return, but a lot goes through a kids head when he is having a monster year. I am thinking his Father's influence is the #1 key factor though.

This is the most fun I've experienced with Iowa b-ball since the 05/06 season.

This is the most fun I've experienced with Iowa b-ball since the 05/06 season.

Yes it is very good because decent to above avg defense, still very good offense usually under Fran and they take care of the ball pretty well, great today until that sloppy 3 minutes.

I think Garza is a near lock to come back next year. Like 90/10. I've been wrong before though.

To me he falls more in the Adriene Payne or Tyler hansborough mold. Absolute dominate college basketball players with medium NBA upside.

I think Garza is a near lock to come back next year. Like 90/10. I've been wrong before though.

To me he falls more in the Adriene Payne or Tyler hansborough mold. Absolute dominate college basketball players with medium NBA upside.
He is being watched on NBA sites. No doubt they see him playing at the next level.

I think the NBA will like him for his 3 ball potential. He can rebound, post up, play defense, and knock down a 3 pointer. But I don't see him as a first round pick, I think NBA will see him as more of a roll player which is why I think he comes back.

If the NBA scouting reports come back and say he's a first round pick then he needs to go. As selfish as I want to be and see him back in an Iowa uniform next year he's gotta cash in when he can.

I think the NBA will like him for his 3 ball potential. He can rebound, post up, play defense, and knock down a 3 pointer. But I don't see him as a first round pick, I think NBA will see him as more of a roll player which is why I think he comes back.

If the NBA scouting reports come back and say he's a first round pick then he needs to go. As selfish as I want to be and see him back in an Iowa uniform next year he's gotta cash in when he can.

Yep agreed.

Don't jump in the air to try to make a pass.
I think what probably pissed Fran off is that it was 2-on-3 break with no advantage to pass or drive — just pull it back.

Well, it made me SMH anyway

Latest posts