Uhhhh...Game Thread I Guess

I loved only having 10 turnovers agaisnt the leading steals team in the Big. I know wheeler was in foul trouble to help that stat but still good

Damn, Big 10 Network is now carrying the Northwestern and Illinois womens game. Tyra Buss is doing color and she played at IU, she is hot as balls!!

hTJKeuQU_400x400.jpg
tyra_0.jpg

Evelyn played well. I would be comfortable with either Evelyn or JT in those last four minutes against pressure but what are their free throw %ages? Need to make free throws

I liked JT's drive to the bucket with the reverse layup in the last 10 minutes and he is about the first PGuard Fran has had who can explode like that from 20 ft to the rim.

JT has great upside and Woolridge shoulders so if he just keeps improving he will be great.
You're ignoring JT's superior defense. Fran's decision to sit JT against Sparty led to Winston's scoring barrage.

Great win. CJ was huge to get back in there.

Toussaint once again the forgotten man on the bench with 8 Ast / 1 Turnover. Throws one bad pass and it’s an instant hook for the night.
While this is true that one bad pass was really bad and really dumb when and where it happened. But Evelyn played very good so it's all good.

While this is true that one bad pass was really bad and really dumb when and where it happened. But Evelyn played very good so it's all good.
The thing is, Evelyn had an equally bad pass for his 1st turnover. Sitting JT for a couple of min for that pass would have been fine, sitting him for the rest of the game was absurd.
I'm not surprised though because Fran doesn't value defense all that much.

WOW, Off Topic here...ABC News is reporting that there is now a travel ban to Iran, Italy and South Korea for Americans because of the Coronaviraus

Surprised we only had 10 turnovers. It really felt like more.
That’s cuz 6 happened the last five minutes and the passing looked like it could have been more.

I didn’t think it was possible but Pemsl has two turns on the same play

(Possessions within 3 seconds — lol)

You're ignoring JT's superior defense. Fran's decision to sit JT against Sparty led to Winston's scoring barrage.

I know, I have said in this thread that he has the speed and feet to generally shut down penetration from the opposing Pguard.

I know it is retrospect but about halfway thru the MSU 2nd half I told my wife maybe it would have worked better if who ever was guarding winston, JT, connor, Bakari, etc to just stay on him, dont leave him, try to deny him the ball.

What do you think if we play MSU again or another team with that one outstanding guard?

Evelyn made a pass that was potentially even worse and led to a three he other way which was the closest PSU got in the 2H.

Yes I don’t mean to harp on Evelyn too much he’s playing well and confident which is good to see but I thought Joe T was very good and deserved to get back in there.

I know, I have said in this thread that he has the speed and feet to generally shut down penetration from the opposing Pguard.

I know it is retrospect but about halfway thru the MSU 2nd half I told my wife maybe it would have worked better if who ever was guarding winston, JT, connor, Bakari, etc to just stay on him, dont leave him, try to deny him the ball.

What do you think if we play MSU again or another team with that one outstanding guard?
That's what JT did in the 1st half. I remember thinking Winston can't do anything with JT on him. Winston's 7 points when JT was playing came when we played zone. I also remember Winston blowing by Evelyn in the 2nd half. I feel like because Fran doesn't value defense, he honestly doesn't even notice when someone like JT plays lock-down D.

Latest posts