Tyler Ulis

Ulis would eat Dickerson for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Good lord some on here are blind.

And i have seen both play several time.

It's not even close.

Lol Ulis is solid but don’t act like the gap between the two is that big. Dickerson is the #1 JUCO PG with 5 inches and 40 pounds on the little guy.

Ulis is the much better player- it's not even close, it's stupid to suggest as much. Holy crap people, get a hold of yourselves.

Ulis is the much better player- it's not even close, it's stupid to suggest as much. Holy crap people, get a hold of yourselves.

You have your panties in a wad because Hawk fans want Dickerson to turn out better than Ulis?? Forget about who you think is better, think about who you hope is better. Or go away

I would normally assume a point guard Kentucky brings in is better than the #1 juco point guard but since Ulis was Kentucky's fall back fall back and maybe another fall back, you never know.

Rumors...yeah. Calipari ain't going to the Lakers.

1. His ego is too big, in the NBA, the egos go to the players (Phil Jackson being the exception)
2. At Kentucky he gets 2 first round NBA players every year. He won't with the Lakers but the expectations will be the same. Finals or bust

The possible exception overruling #1 & 2 would be the bucket of money he'd get to go to LA. And if he failed, somebody would always scoop him back up in college. (see Rick Pitino)

jfc

dickerson is a val barnes level player at best

at 18, he was a two star pg

at 20, he's a solid B1G prospect

he's no mcd's aa player, people

This is a prime example of how HN posters constantly feel the need to take extreme positions.

Ulis is way way way better than Dickerson? Then he should have way way way better (or more efficient) numbers next year in an inferior league right?

Like I said, Ulis is an excellent passer with great handles, vision, etc. But he will big-time struggle guarding in the post (D-1 coaches/players know how to exploit size mismatches), he’ll struggle to get his shot off, and his body is not close to D-1 ready. With that said I still think he’s better than Dickerson, but not by much. Keep in mind that him being chosen as a McD’s AA was more to do with him being an intriguing player, not a dominant player.

This is a prime example of how HN posters constantly feel the need to take extreme positions.

Ulis is way way way better than Dickerson? Then he should have way way way better (or more efficient) numbers next year in an inferior league right?

The only one who is taking an extreme position is you. I'd bet a lot of fake money that the vast majority on this board would agree that Ulis is a far better player than Dickerson. Seriously, this is Herby territory.

Unless the twins stay at Kentucky, Ulis will outperform Dickerson.

The only one who is taking an extreme position is you. I'd bet a lot of fake money that the vast majority on this board would agree that Ulis is a far better player than Dickerson. Seriously, this is Herby territory.

They probably wouldn't feel quite as strong if he never got a Kentucky offer though. Just because Kentucky wiffed on a couple guys doesn't make Ulis a better player. He's rankings do suggest he's better though and rankings are right more often then they are wrong.

It is possible that Ulis is over rated and its possible Dickerson is under rated. If both of those happen it could be close. It's also possible Ulis will be the better player but Dickerson looks better because he thrives at Iowa while Ulis gets lost in the shuffle at Kentucky. Who the F knows.

To clarify my post, when I said just because Kentucky wiffed on a couple guys it doesn't make him a better player, I meant it doesn't make him better then he was before he got offered.

Dickerson is a nice player...but he's no Ulis...get real people...he was a two star PG coming out of HS...and Ulis was a Mickey D's AA...

Some people are drinking a bit too much kool aid.

He is better. I’ve said it a dozen times. But I am skeptical that a 5’6 freshman will VASTLY outperform a bigger, stronger, older player with a similar skill set next year.

The Ulis ship sailed a long time ago.

Fran wanted a playmaking PG all along and thankfully after missing on Ulis he was able to bring in Dickerson. Dickerson is rated as the #1 JUCO PG so it isn't like we are bringing in a project player.

Tyler Ulis will not stay at Kentucky very long....see, these guys aren't used to riding the pine....all he saw were the blue and white stars in Cal's eyes, and he was hooked....he had his chance here, and he chose to go elsewhere, plain and simple....glad we have Dickerson on board, cannot wait to see what he can do to help us out...

Ulis is a great player and will be a four year contributor at UK. If they had him on Monday, they probably win. But, that does not mean that Dickerson is not good also. Ulis would have fit at Iowa perfectly, but we could be fine with Trey.

Not arguing with you about who the better PG is, but lets not forget we're not comparing Ullis to a 2* PG coming out of HS. We're comparing him to the top rated juco PG. A lot of maturing change in the course of a year. Not saying it makes him the better player, but I'd be willing to bet that Dickerson's game has improved quite a bit.

Latest posts