Tyler Sash lateral?

okobojihawk

Another Tyler Sash moment for the memory book. He is the best!
From my perspective (my TV set) it looked as if that lateral could have
been intercepted by the MSU player next to him....did it look that close to any of you who were there??

Honestly, it happened so fast (the lateral) that a lot of us didn't know what was going on until we saw Hyde coming across the field. The pick itself was telegraphed, it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be picked as soon as Cousins threw it.

I was sitting on the sideline behind the bench... reading lips coach says to Sash "Great ef'n play, don't ever ef'n do it again!"

I think Sash felt that Hyde could continue down the visitors sideline, as Sash would block the lone MSU defender. Hyde instead cut across the grain and made a terrific return.

Number one thing not to do on a take away is to risk giving it back. I could almost guarantee he was given that message.

That being said, what an awesome play it was by someone we've come to expect will make those things happen.

So are you making that up or did it really happen???

I think he may be speaking the truth Okoboji.

Sash was a great three point artist at Oskaloosa in high school and during his postgame comments he compared the lateral to pulling up for a forty foot three pointer and having the coach sitting on the bench saying no, no no, GREAT SHOT!!!

Sash just seems to have a knack for making plays like that. He doesn't take a risk like that except when it's truly the RIGHT time to do it. He just knows.

the picture in the CR Gazette today shows it well.....better than tv really and I had no idea how far away Sash and Hyde actually were when the lateral happened...they had some distance between them

It was an awesome play but damn we were lucky nothing bad happened. I was surprised Hyde was ready for it because I don't think anyone else was.

I was sitting on the sideline behind the bench... reading lips coach says to Sash "Great ef'n play, don't ever ef'n do it again!"

This is exactly what I was thinking. I was like no no no, ok, awesome. I thought the MSU defender had a chance to re-intercept it.

hyde said he saw sash look at him and then he tossed it at him. I think he was surprised but surprised. because he knew what to do with it when it got it.

Yeah, Sash looked back once, looked upfield, then turned again to flip it. It wasn't a Reggie Bush-pitch by any means.

Honestly, it happened so fast (the lateral) that a lot of us didn't know what was going on until we saw Hyde coming across the field. The pick itself was telegraphed, it was obvious to everyone that it was going to be picked as soon as Cousins threw it.
Sash had a comment I read somewhere saying that they had seen that play a hundred times from MSU. He almost picked it last year and this year he pinned it down. He knew Cousins was going to throw it right to him.

That is excellent film study.