Tyler Sash lateral?

I looked at that play over and over again yesterday, it looked like Hyde called for it. If you look at the tv broadcast, you see Hyde's left arm/hand come up like he is calling for it and Sash then pitches it. Obviously I have no idea if that happened or not, but it looks like that on film.

While Sash was brash, lateraling on a far hash,

his pash trashed and gashed MSU's previous 8-0 bash,

allowing Hyde to seek the endzone, and with teammates, after his dash, mash,

thus, ending any doubt of the game's final-score-MSU-perfection crash,

and allowing me to pick up some sweet betting cash!

Last edited:
The oddest part of the play was the fact hit pitched it almost immediately. The field was wide open in front of him and he just tossed it back to Hyde with the MSU receiver actually being closer to him at the time. Sash then goes after Cousins and puts a block on the QB.

Well Hyde's mother was there, so maybe it gave her something to cheer about. They said she wore neutral colors since she has a son on each team. One son got a TD, and one son got a flag for getting a late hit on Rick out of bounds. So at least she can be proud of the one.

Well Hyde's mother was there, so maybe it gave her something to cheer about. They said she wore neutral colors since she has a son on each team. One son got a TD, and one son got a flag for getting a late hit on Rick out of bounds. So at least she can be proud of the one.

Marcus certainly didn't have his best game. But he's a very good player, he's made his fair share of plays. I liked the hoodies that the family/friends were wearing, they were pretty cool.

I was sitting on the sideline behind the bench... reading lips coach says to Sash "Great ef'n play, don't ever ef'n do it again!"

I said the same thing to my wife, that it was probably what the coaches were going to say to him. In my mind it came off sounding exactly like Lou Brown though. :)

I looked at that play over and over again yesterday, it looked like Hyde called for it. If you look at the tv broadcast, you see Hyde's left arm/hand come up like he is calling for it and Sash then pitches it. Obviously I have no idea if that happened or not, but it looks like that on film.

According to this story from the Quad City Times' Don Doxsie, linked higher up, neither of them had practiced this play and Hyde had no idea it was coming. I think Sash's basketball analogy is spot-on: a 40-foot jumper where everyone is saying when he releases it "What the he!! are you ... GREAT SHOT!!"

Gotta think the Iowa sideline was thinking the same thing.

Pick flip: Heroic or crazy?

Last edited:
Sash absolutely has to have a crazy pick-6 on Halloween weekend, apparently. Last year it was the crazy pinball pick-6 that got Iowa back into the Indiana game. This year, it was the crazy lateral pick-6 that helped Iowa break MSU's back (remember, we were only up 10-0 and they were driving at the time).

Also, I think Sash believed Hyde would take the pitch and run it up the sidelines, as he himself went to block the next MSU defender near the sidelines. But Micah cut it right across the field and went all Superman into the endzone. Just a fantastic play.

I was watching the game in the stands and you could hear everyone freak when Sash passed the ball to Hyde, but once Hyde made his cut to the left and everyone saw the open field ahead the crowd noise just kept getting louder and louder. When he dove into the end zone the crowd noise was crazy.

Latest posts